Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 41 lucasmantovani @ 04/18/14 09:19 PM
EA Sports has completely given up the simulation aspect of the game. The game is completely arcade now. Thank god there is the option of customizing the gameplay because the default one is just terrible.

# 42 pfeifere1 @ 04/18/14 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
Anyone noticing this weird bug on replays after goals?

The camera starts out in the middle of the pitch and slowly pans towards the goal. As a result, you miss most of the replay. It's weird.
Yes, I've noticed this and this bugs me. There are many errors with the replays.

# 43 shupirate98 @ 04/19/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmantovani
EA Sports has completely given up the simulation aspect of the game. The game is completely arcade now. Thank god there is the option of customizing the gameplay because the default one is just terrible.
So how are people customizing the gameplay? Because I'm desperately searching for sliders for this game and finding nothing. As is I'm finding the gameplay very frustrating.

# 44 gopher_guy @ 04/19/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
Yes, I've noticed this and this bugs me. There are many errors with the replays.
Hmmm, I haven't noticed anything wrong with replays (360)

# 45 eskimos44 @ 04/19/14 12:58 PM
I'm really enjoying this game... Never played Fifa 14, so I can't compare two...

But the atmosphere, game modes, and overall fun will keep me playing this for a while.

I'm a casual soccer fan, so I don't care about accurate kits and player likenesses.

I'd give it 8 out of 10 for me. Wish there was online with friends World Cup mode though...

# 46 shupirate98 @ 04/19/14 02:51 PM
I too have seen the replay thing. That's mildly annoying and hopefully fixable. What would be incredibly annoying if true is what I saw one person allude to here and many people mention on EA forums: that after playing through the whole qualification process the picking of your squad for the World Cup is broken. It lets you pick 18 guys and then fills out your 23 with 5 random players. That's unspeakably awful. Anybody seen this?

# 47 mcavner @ 04/19/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
I too have seen the replay thing. That's mildly annoying and hopefully fixable. What would be incredibly annoying if true is what I saw one person allude to here and many people mention on EA forums: that after playing through the whole qualification process the picking of your squad for the World Cup is broken. It lets you pick 18 guys and then fills out your 23 with 5 random players. That's unspeakably awful. Anybody seen this?
Yeah, I ran into this. In the screen where you're supposed to be able to pick your reserves, you click on it and it just doesn't work. You click on a guy to move him and it won't work. So the last five of your 23 are basically useless - CPU picked five of my worst players to so they, of course, didn't see the pitch. Seems patchable as errors go, if they're so inclined.

# 48 therizing02 @ 04/19/14 09:23 PM
Been playing since Wednesday. I am still trying to find a decent set of sliders, but this is HANDS DOWN the WORSE title I have played from the FIFA team since before 2008.

Aside from the ball physics which are pretty good, I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing this. If you like kits, presentation, and want to score goals and play with your custom celebrations, then this is your game. I can't even confidently say it's a game for the casuals because even they know better.

This game lacks the physicality of FIFA 14 and more than anything, the defensive AI of the back line for both USER and CPU is the worst I have ever seen. Ever. The fullbacks pinch in constantly. When a CPU player is running down the wings and I switch to my fullback it's like he runs into a pit of quicksand. Same with the CBs when I try to guard the CPU ST. It's like they immediately go into slow motion. This also happens to CPU defenders. I have seen Ribery blowing down the wing and Ibate with him step for step and then just simply run away from him allowing for an easy cross or run into the box. Not just once and it's not just the USER defenders it also happens to the CPU defenders. Absolutely ridiculous.

The CPU defenders are also a joke. Veeeeeeery easy to hit an attacking winger making a run down the wing. It's all reminiscent of the magic through balls of PES 2012-13. Play a through ball and the defender almost slows up to let the ball get through.

The only thing I'll say about fouls is well....more of the same. I've seen 5 total fouls called against the CPU and this after 5 games on World Class....20 Minute halves. So yeah, bitch about your imperfect kits and HYPE your set piece creator which I've only had a chance to use on corners, which is pretty cool BTW.

Still messing with sliders to hopefully find some level of acceptable gameplay because if I was a developer on this game I'd kindly request that my name be taken off the credits. So far what a joke......still working

5/10....and that's being really generous

# 49 rckabillyRaider @ 04/19/14 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Been playing since Wednesday. I am still trying to find a decent set of sliders, but this is HANDS DOWN the WORSE title I have played from the FIFA team since before 2008.

Aside from the ball physics which are pretty good, I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing this. If you like kits, presentation, and want to score goals and play with your custom celebrations, then this is your game. I can't even confidently say it's a game for the casuals because even they know better.

This game lacks the physicality of FIFA 14 and more than anything, the defensive AI of the back line for both USER and CPU is the worst I have ever seen. Ever. The fullbacks pinch in constantly. When a CPU player is running down the wings and I switch to my fullback it's like he runs into a pit of quicksand. Same with the CBs when I try to guard the CPU ST. It's like they immediately go into slow motion. This also happens to CPU defenders. I have seen Ribery blowing down the wing and Ibate with him step for step and then just simply run away from him allowing for an easy cross or run into the box. Not just once and it's not just the USER defenders it also happens to the CPU defenders. Absolutely ridiculous.

The CPU defenders are also a joke. Veeeeeeery easy to hit an attacking winger making a run down the wing. It's all reminiscent of the magic through balls of PES 2012-13. Play a through ball and the defender almost slows up to let the ball get through.

The only thing I'll say about fouls is well....more of the same. I've seen 5 total fouls called against the CPU and this after 5 games on World Class....20 Minute halves. So yeah, bitch about your imperfect kits and HYPE your set piece creator which I've only had a chance to use on corners, which is pretty cool BTW.

Still messing with sliders to hopefully find some level of acceptable gameplay because if I was a developer on this game I'd kindly request that my name be taken off the credits. So far what a joke......still working

5/10....and that's being really generous
So safe to say that nothing has changed since the arcadey demo (was one of the worst FIFAs I've played)? I was still debating on getting it thinking the final product might be better, but I think I'll pass.

# 50 dubcity @ 04/20/14 12:13 AM
Have to agree about the defensive AI taking a step back from FIFA 14. Reminds of that "oh, I am so f*cked" feeling from FIFA 12 and FIFA 13, whenever the CPU would have ball anywhere near my penalty area. Just waiting for that inevitable screw up while I'm trying to correct stupid positioning by my defenders.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

# 51 zmcman1 @ 04/20/14 02:59 AM
I'd have to disagree about the officiating being the same old FIFA. They've definitely improved the foul calls in this game. I've already seen more yellow/red cards in three days of playing that I saw in months on FIFA '14.

I'm playing against Ghana on 6 minute halves right now. Samuel Inkoom picked up a yellow in the 7th minute and Michael Essien got a straight red card in the 38th.

They may vary from game to game with the different referee settings (side note, there's 105 different referees in this game), but they're definitely calling them now.

# 52 fearwhatnow @ 04/20/14 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Have to agree about the defensive AI taking a step back from FIFA 14. Reminds of that "oh, I am so f*cked" feeling from FIFA 12 and FIFA 13, whenever the CPU would have ball anywhere near my penalty area. Just waiting for that inevitable screw up while I'm trying to correct stupid positioning by my defenders.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
I have a complete different experience on this one. In all previous Fifa games teammate cpu AI in defense was atrocious. You can easily see this improvement in the Be A Captain mode.
Foul calling is greatly improved also. They need to fix the game speed though asap.
The best Fifa to date is mostly getting mediocre reviews. No surprises again.

# 53 therizing02 @ 04/20/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
I'd have to disagree about the officiating being the same old FIFA. They've definitely improved the foul calls in this game. I've already seen more yellow/red cards in three days of playing that I saw in months on FIFA '14.

I'm playing against Ghana on 6 minute halves right now. Samuel Inkoom picked up a yellow in the 7th minute and Michael Essien got a straight red card in the 38th.

They may vary from game to game with the different referee settings (side note, there's 105 different referees in this game), but they're definitely calling them now.

Z,

What settings are you using? Have you made changes to sliders?

Thanks!

# 54 zmcman1 @ 04/20/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Z,

What settings are you using? Have you made changes to sliders?

Thanks!
Legendary, slow game speed. Only sliders I've touched so far are increasing injury frequency/severity.

# 55 ADHAMM3R @ 04/20/14 06:23 PM
finally picked up the game and I'm about to play my first match as Germany.

encountered my first problem though:

Playing Road to World Cup with Germany. Went to play my first match and there isn't an option to select the new kits! Only the Euro home and away (and the classic kits I bought). Do I have to wait to get to the world cup to use those kits? I downloaded the latest updates and everything. I checked a regular kick off game and I can use them there.

Any ideas?

# 56 zmcman1 @ 04/20/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
finally picked up the game and I'm about to play my first match as Germany.

encountered my first problem though:

Playing Road to World Cup with Germany. Went to play my first match and there isn't an option to select the new kits! Only the Euro home and away (and the classic kits I bought). Do I have to wait to get to the world cup to use those kits? I downloaded the latest updates and everything. I checked a regular kick off game and I can use them there.

Any ideas?
They'll unlock as options once you reach the World Cup. The American kits unlocked for me when I made it there.

# 57 ADHAMM3R @ 04/20/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
They'll unlock as options once you reach the World Cup. The American kits unlocked for me when I made it there.
alright cool. I was just concerned it was a glitch or something (digitally downloaded from the XBL store).

anyone got any good sliders btw? I feel like it needs a little tweaking, although I don't necessarily know the right things to edit. Sorry to ask if it hasn't been posted.

# 58 sikolec @ 04/20/14 08:50 PM
Finally got the game and am enjoying it. Keep in mind, my last Fifa is FIFA 13.

Game is extremely fast on Normal speed. Bumping it down to Slow is still too fast, but makes it more playable. The game reminds me of the last World Cup game, rather than a yearly release of Fifa. Feels more arcade than simulation, but that is not to say I won't thoroughly enjoy the game. It'll just take some getting used to. I've seen quite a lot of fouls and cards, which is a nice bump. And I'm loving the variety of corner kicks with added set pieces. Makes corners a little more intense. The commentary is better and the added nationalism adds excitement.

Overall I really enjoy this game and see many hours being spent in Road to World Cup mode.

EDIT: I should add one more note. I did find a bug where I was playing as USA in the World Cup. I made it to the round of 32 as the Winner of Group G (played Belgium, runners-up of Group H). Prior to that win and after, it showed USA (and the entire segment of 4) on the incorrect side of the bracket. After beating Switzerland in the round of 16, the bracket fixed itself and I ended up losing to Colombia. All in all, there was no effect and the bracket corrected itself, but I was worried when it was showing me on the wrong side of things.

# 59 Sneller77 @ 04/20/14 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I have a complete different experience on this one. In all previous Fifa games teammate cpu AI in defense was atrocious. You can easily see this improvement in the Be A Captain mode.
Foul calling is greatly improved also. They need to fix the game speed though asap.
The best Fifa to date is mostly getting mediocre reviews. No surprises again.

I appreciate your comments. You seem a bit more level headed than others who are only concerned about kits. I'm in you're boat - couldn't care less. Looking for a fun game that is challenging, somewhat "simulation" feel. I don't have 2 hours to play a game for a full "simulation" experience so I am more than willing to accept some "arcade" feel.

I picked up the game yesterday but haven't found the time to open it yet. Not sure when I will so it could be returned down the road.

Keep posting your thoughts. It will affect my decision. Thanks.

# 60 ADHAMM3R @ 04/20/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneller77
I appreciate your comments. You seem a bit more level headed than others who are only concerned about kits. I'm in you're boat - couldn't care less. Looking for a fun game that is challenging, somewhat "simulation" feel. I don't have 2 hours to play a game for a full "simulation" experience so I am more than willing to accept some "arcade" feel.

I picked up the game yesterday but haven't found the time to open it yet. Not sure when I will so it could be returned down the road.

Keep posting your thoughts. It will affect my decision. Thanks.

if you want my two cents, here it is:

I've been playing FIFA for about 6 years now. Loving the game so far. I play on World Class and have been tweaking sliders for about 10 games now trying to find the right speed. I find that putting it on slow and then also decreasing pass/shot speed for both CPU and Human helps make the game feel slower. The sliders seem like one or two ticks and its a huge difference. Bumped up the shot speed to 53 for me and the ball felt like it was going to blaze through the net when I scored.

I feel like playing as a team plays IRL greatly impacts your results as well. Obviously you can play how you want, but if you use the players in the roles they are supposed to be used, I feel like you can flow freely on the attack. Playing as Germany, I just made it to the WC. I have yet to play any big teams (simmed friendlies). Got drawn into a group with Mexico, Poland, and Algeria. Should easily advance.... But I feel like I am beating the teams I should beat and having a bit of a tougher time with slightly better teams. Ex: Faroe Islands and Sweden. Sweden was hard to crack at first, then I ended up winning 4-1. Faroe Islands were pretty much taken out with my reserves (8-0).

Haven't gotten into CYC yet or anything online. I can definitely see that this game will have amazing replay value. Not to mention the theme for the whole game is pretty great too.

I have seen some amazing shots as well as great saves. GK AI is definitely better. Seen some goalies pull of amazing saves. Only downside is that sometimes I feel like the CPU defensive AI has some pretty bad blunders where they run into each other and all of a sudden I'm on a breakaway or wide open on the wing.

I'd say keep it if you want to have a game to enjoy with friends and are really into the beautiful game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.