Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 61 zmcman1 @ 04/20/14 10:31 PM
Something that is kind of taking some of the realism out of it for me is the computer lineups when you get to the World Cup. So far I've seen: Neymar at RCM for Brazil in the 4-3-3. Suarez/Cavani at LCM/RCM in the 4-4-2. Falcao at LCM for Colombia.

And I can not for the life of me figure out how form is supposed to work in this game. I have up arrows on all my players, I'm just about maximizing out the training sessions for players, but overalls have consistently dropped for a lot of my guys. Even in a game where I shut the opponent out, my entire backline dropped 1-2 points. It's frustrating.

And the gameplay be a bit less on the simulation side than FIFA '14, but overall I'm enjoying the game on the field a bit more. Turning the game speed to slow is a must.

# 62 jmemerson22 @ 04/22/14 01:42 AM
Question for CYC. Has anyone figured out how to edit your player? Would love to change boots, untuck kit, etc.

# 63 zmcman1 @ 04/22/14 03:16 AM
You can't edit anything other than your head when you first start the mode.

I may have to shelve this game for a while. Form/adjusted ratings seem to be completely broke in offline Road to the World Cup. Despite finishing in first place in both Round 3 and Round 4 of AFC qualifying, boosting guys through training, and the game saying all of my starters were in-form, 9 of my 11 starters dropped from their initial overall rating by a range of 1-7 points. The only two that didn't were my primary striker (who only increased a point) and my GK (whose rating never moved.)

Didn't matter how well they performed, didn't matter what the game designed their form as, their ratings always dropped. Rendered a few of them completely useless.

I actually really enjoy the game on the field, but there's just so many issues scattered everywhere else in the game. It desperately needs a patch.

edit: The issue may be with the downloaded squad updates. I reset the rosters, started a test file with Spain, and simmed a good portion of their calendar. They aren't getting hit with the drastic drops in ratings.

# 64 zmcman1 @ 04/22/14 03:47 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I want to make sure everyone sees this. After running two more separate tests with the USA and Mexico, I've determined that the downloadable squad updates would cause players to inexplicably drop in ratings throughout your Road to the FIFA World Cup playthroughs. Use the game's default rosters. This was tested on the Xbox 360 version (digital copy).

If you don't know how to reset the roster, go to the Main Menu -> Customise -> Reset All Squads at the bottom right.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to fix the issue with players like Messi/Neymar/Suarez/Falcao etc being placed in the midfield instead of their respective positions.

# 65 dubcity @ 04/22/14 09:28 PM
It's kind of a shame that the game is so fast and crazy when playing as/against the top teams. Gameplay is way too quick and accurate on higher difficulty. Playing with 1-3 star teams is about as good as the game gets.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

# 66 fearwhatnow @ 04/23/14 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's kind of a shame that the game is so fast and crazy when playing as/against the top teams. Gameplay is way too quick and accurate on higher difficulty. Playing with 1-3 star teams is about as good as the game gets.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
I've fixed that by tuning certain sliders.
It's funny how the best Fifa imo gets the lowest scores all over the net and it is criticised for gameplay flaws/issues that are worse even on Fifa 14 PS4/XBOne. Ofc I'm one of those who believe that PES 14 represents better the sport of football so I'm the minority surely.
As I've mentioned in a previous post the major problem is the speed but it can be somewhat fixed with the sliders.
There are still issues with teammate AI and cpu build-up play but the improvement is obvious.
Still, the game is far from called a "Sim". Fifa 14 CG is not a sim. Fifa 14 NG is not a sim. PES 14 is not a sim. Unfortunately both football videogames are arcade/semi-sim games that are in need of major overhaul in:
- Team tactics
- Player Individuality
- Ratings/Atrributes
- Stamina
- Cpu/Teammate AI

# 67 dubcity @ 04/23/14 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I've fixed that by tuning certain sliders.
It's funny how the best Fifa imo gets the lowest scores all over the net and it is criticised for gameplay flaws/issues that are worse even on Fifa 14 PS4/XBOne. Ofc I'm one of those who believe that PES 14 represents better the sport of football so I'm the minority surely.
As I've mentioned in a previous post the major problem is the speed but it can be somewhat fixed with the sliders.
There are still issues with teammate AI and cpu build-up play but the improvement is obvious.

All I can do is compare it to FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, and it feels twice as fast. Player momentum feels like FIFA 13, and there are way more cheap moments where things go perfectly for the CPU.

# 68 zmcman1 @ 04/24/14 11:21 PM
after starting a new Road to the WC with Latvia and the default rosters, I'm seeing the crazy drops in ratings again. So maybe my previous tests weren't correct, still no idea what the cause could be.

# 69 RunnyEggs @ 04/25/14 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
after starting a new Road to the WC with Latvia and the default rosters, I'm seeing the crazy drops in ratings again. So maybe my previous tests weren't correct, still no idea what the cause could be.
Very peculiar, but I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about ratings drop. I thought it might be my guys just having bad form, but Jermaine Jones (who starts at like a 76) is stuck at 69 just before the World Cup after a couple of man-of-the-match performances.

Very frustrating and puzzling.

Sidebar: Bought the game today and started Road to Brazil with USA. World Class, 5 minutes halves. Enjoying gameplay because I am getting realistic results (except a 1-0 friendly loss to North Korea .... probably started an international incident over that one ). I have scored more than 3 goals twice (4-1 friendly win over Chile and 5-0 stomp of Panama) and conceded more than 3 just once (5-0 loss to Ivory Coast...yeah). Very enjoyable.

My one true complaint right now is a totally minor one: the World Cup draw. I spend hours and hours playing though qualifying and friendlies and training, and the draw is the most anti-climactic thing possible in a game that prides itself in pageantry. There were no pots of teams, teams were selected randomly (most groups were full but Group E had just one team at one point). It was so off-putting I turned the game off. OBVIOUSLY I will keep playing, but this really soured what has been a very fun experience.

I also got sick of listening to Men IN Blazers for 6 hours straight and I couldn't figure out how to switch to EA trax in Road to Brazil mode. Anyone know?

Overall rating right now: 8/10 -- would recommend to international soccer fans who crave that WC experience. I've played the FIFA WC games since 98, and I love 'em all.

# 70 zmcman1 @ 04/25/14 04:18 AM
I'm not sure you can switch the audio selection once you make the initial selection.

The ratings thing is really bothersome, especially playing with some of the lesser teams. The only players that really ever improve are the ones scoring goals consistently.

My overall combined record with Latvia at the moment is 9-4-6, riding a 3 game win streak currently. These are the ratings changes of the guys who started off in my initial starting lineup (GKs never change, so didn't list him)

+8 -> +9 -> +9 -> +9 (Primary ST in the 4-4-1-1, main goal scorer)
-4 -> -4 -> -5 -> -6
-5 (benched) -> DNP -> DNP -> DNP
-5 -> -6 -> -4 -> -4
-6 -> -5 -> -5 -> -5
-6 (benched) -> DNP -> DNP -> DNP
0 -> -2 -> -3 -> -4
-2 -> -4 -> -4 -> -5
-5 -> -7 -> -8 -> -6
-3 -> -2 -> -3 -> -4

edit: I played 2 more games (3-1 and 1-0 Wins), extending my win streak to 5. The numbers after the arrows now represent the new difference from the starting overall. I had three players improve, four decrease, and one remain the same. All players are given Green Arrows on the team management page that would suggest they're in form and shouldn't be dropping.

edit: Number after the second arrow is following another 1-0 win. Four more decreases to one increase. Game still suggests they're all In-Form.

one final edit: Added another set after a 2-1 win, extending my win streak to 7.....and qualifying for the World Cup with Latvia. Four more decreases, one increase. All players still listed with green In-Form arrows.

I'll make a more polished version of this and take pictures of the default starting lineup and one of my current lineup and post them to EA's Bug Reports thread in the morning. I highly doubt this is supposed to be intended considering the squad is now much, much worse than when I started.

# 71 diverz4 @ 04/25/14 11:58 AM
My bad in advance if this has been posted elsewhere – I’ve searched the forums and the internet for a few hours, so I feel like I’ve done my due diligence – but does anyone know how to use custom squads in CYC mode? Basically, I always want to be a relatively central player (LDM, RDM, CDM, RCM, LCM, CM, or CAM – none of this wing or striker nonsense) and the default settings don’t allow this for many players like Ronaldo or Messi.

Specifically, in FIFA 2010 South Africa I could edit formations and save squads so that I could be whoever I wanted to as a CM. I would also edit that player to make their preferred or default position CM (or CAM, or CDM, whichever). Now, I can edit formations, save squads, load that squad, but when I open CYC mode the squads are all in their default mode, whereas in 2010 they would have reflected my changes.

Anyone have this problem or know of a solution? If it’s no longer possible then EA pretty much broke this mode for me.

# 72 zmcman1 @ 04/25/14 05:54 PM
These were the images I submitted to EA in regards to the player ratings dropping. The first image represents the team/player from the start of the mode, the second from the end of qualifying.

Spoiler

It's a shame. As much as I've enjoyed many aspects of the game, I couldn't recommend this game to anyone until EA fixes this.

# 73 ADHAMM3R @ 04/25/14 08:53 PM
I haven't had any issues with player form drop (digital 360 copy). Occasionally I will have someone drop in form, usually gets a card or plays poorly for a match. However, I have never had anyone stay in poor form (unless I intentionally don't play them). I'm not quite sure if its a squad by squad problem (I use Germany mostly, have used Ivory Coast as well) or something I'm not seeing. I also tend to find that age has nothing to do with a player's overall. Klose starts at 84 (2010) and by the time the world cup comes around, he is usually 85+ for me, despite being four years older.

Another point, and if you don't read anything I post, at least read this:

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME.

EA will make minor fixes as they see fit. This isn't a perfect game, but I've had a ton of fun playing it for what it is. Stop looking at the game as being a failure for not innovating or fixing (what I deem as minor) flaws from FIFA 14. Grab a beer and have fun with friends. I've already had some great times scoring in the dying minutes of a game against my buddies. If you have no friends, well I'm sorry. And yes, we are all aware it isn't for next gen. So cut that out, its getting really monotonous. They won't make it, as far as anyone in concerned, and if they do, they will announce in due time.

Btw, I'm not referring to people finding bugs in the game (not being able to advance with certain countries, player rating bugs, form drops, etc). I'm talking about those who complain and gripe about the same things year after year when they release a new FIFA. Just play the damn game.

# 74 dickey1331 @ 04/26/14 02:17 PM
Madagascar has some weird names for their players. One is so long that when you are playing the game and you have that player selected at the bottom where it lists his name it has to scroll it's that long.

# 75 racerx @ 04/27/14 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungerr
I have massive player rating drop issues. Just made it through qualifying with Antigua and Barbuda and the top scorer on that team went from a 67 to a 58 by the time the world cup started.

My team overall rating at the start went from a rating of
ATT 62
MID 59
DEF 57

at the World Cup squad select the same squad was
ATT 53
MID 54
DEF 54

I reloaded and old save and Messi in a run I did with Argentina went from 94 to 90
Yea I am dealing with the same issue with Italy going through the qualifying rounds where most of my starting 11 has dropped on avg 3-6 points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

# 76 wjmooner @ 04/29/14 11:07 AM
I qualified for the World Cup with the USA on legendary and I thought the game played pretty well. I was pretty annoyed at the selection squad glitch where I couldn't select my squad for the World Cup, but whatever. I didn't play any 5 star teams in qualifying of course.

Then I played the World Cup with Argentina. What a disaster this game is when you play with a good team. Every game I played last night had 8-10 goals (6-4 and 5-3 wins, 7-2 loss) Just ridiculous ping-pong back and forth. And I'm playing on slow.

Also, how is it possible that Tevez and Pastore aren't even available to be selected for the Argentine MNT?

# 77 zmcman1 @ 04/29/14 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmooner
Also, how is it possible that Tevez and Pastore aren't even available to be selected for the Argentine MNT?
I've seen with a few countries, if the player hasn't played internationally for a few years, EA left them out of the pool. Tevez/Pastore haven't played for the team since 2011 according to wikipedia.

That said, I know Diego Costa recently debuted for Spain and he isn't in the game. The rosters may have been completed for the game before he debuted, but he should probably get added in a squad update.

# 78 dubcity @ 04/29/14 12:23 PM
Quote:

Then I played the World Cup with Argentina. What a disaster this game is when you play with a good team. Every game I played last night had 8-10 goals (6-4 and 5-3 wins, 7-2 loss) Just ridiculous ping-pong back and forth. And I'm playing on slow.

Yeah, it's like you get punished for playing with the top teams. Both teams play out of their minds on crack. The speed and accuracy is stupid. I would try addressing it with sliders, but that usually opens up a different can of worms.

# 79 ADHAMM3R @ 04/29/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
from what I know, Tevez is pretty much done playing internationally. He already stated he won't play this year, so logically, they wouldn't include him in a WORLD CUP game.

Idk about Pastore though. It isn't like they don't already have a wealth of attackers far better than Pastore. I know it takes away from the realism a bit, but hopefully they will address that soon. I expect another roster update by mid-May, after more international friendlies are played.

# 80 jms25613 @ 04/29/14 08:35 PM
Actually, the rosters that are in the game reflect all players that participated in this qualifying cycle. Since Tevez and Pastore didnt participate in any of the CONMEBOL qualifiers, they were omitted. Same reason there is no Costa for Spain, no Julian Green for USA.

Sidenote: Not sure what method was used for Brazil considering they didn't have to qualify. My assumption is that they just picked players that played in the friendlies in the past 3-4 years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.