Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tinpanalley @ 06/12/14 09:04 AM
Can someone explain concisely what the issue seems to be with the new roster update with respect to the players on the 23 man squad? And did this occur with the squads that came with the game because that's what I have and I've been setting rosters and not finding any problems.

# 122 ChangeUp106 @ 06/13/14 04:13 AM
I've had the game for a day now so I figured I'd add my two cents...

Very enjoyable. The gameplay is fine by me. I'm using the same sliders I have on FIFA 14 which I found somewhere on this forum earlier in the year. The only difference is that I turned down the CPU keeper ability three notches because goalkeeping is noticeably better than FIFA 14.

It is true that not every nation has their kits but the major teams are covered (as well as teams like Ireland) and the generic kits look better in this game than the generic kits in FIFA 14. The generic stadiums are also much better. The one stadium is clearly based off of the Philadelphia Union's PPL Park (please have that in FIFA 15 ).

Story of Qualifying is very fun. You can go back and re-play some of the more significant qualifying games from all the regions. In some you start in the middle of the game and others you play all 90'. It's just like Match-Day Challenges in FIFA 14. It's a good way to gain some FIFA Football Club XP and credits since there are so many scenarios to play. You can spend the credits in the FIFA WC catalog or go back and spend them in FIFA 14 (which is nice because you only get those two Match-Day Challenges a week to build up credits in 14).

Story of Finals just opened today. It's the same as Story of Qualifying but with the current World Cup. Yesterday's challenge was to pick up as Brazil right after Marcello's own goal and win the game 3-1.

The presentation is great. Lots of fan interactions. For example if you play as the U.S., it will show people watching by the Capitol building in D.C. after a goal. The camera will often show the manager reacting to something. The soundtrack is ok and the colors really give off the Brazil vibe.

The only problem I have just occurred. I completed three Story of Qualifying challenges but I didn't get any Football Club XP or credits. Might be something with the EA serves. Hopefully it gets added at some point. That was a lot of time wasted if not.

Considering the World Cup just started, there's so many teams, and there's so many scenarios to play, I would buy it if you have the money. Even after the real WC ends you could go back and try to qualify with every country.

# 123 comet013 @ 06/14/14 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Yep its not just Mexico! Its with a whole heap of home teams and it occurs when you play in the Amsterdam Arena! goisles01 made this post about it which sums it up
"The latest roster updates have caused a game crippling bug, at least in "Road to World Cup" mode. Some countries default home stadium has defaulted to "Amsterdam Arena". When you click on "play match" the game will freeze deader than dead. When your countries home arena is "Amsterdam", and you're not the Netherlands, you can't play any home qualifiers or friendlies or any road matches that have the bug. You can find out which match has the bug by viewing the calendar. If a match shows time and stadium then its safe to be played, if it doesn't it shouldn't be played under any circumstance unless you like hard resets. This is a list of countries that I found to have the bug so far...

Argentina
Mexico
Italy
Chile
Honduras
Ghana

I found that simulating through the matches works, but this makes the game unplayable and absolutely needs to be fixed."

Does anyone know when a patch is going to be released?
Try redownloading the roster update. I redownloaded mine and it's working fine.

# 124 TMuss @ 06/14/14 02:34 AM
The previous roster update had some of the players in their new boots (the Adidas battle pack as well as the new blue and pink Pumas). The newest roster? Nope....everyone is back to their older boots, including Messi. Ugh.

# 125 SlimKibbles @ 06/14/14 03:41 PM
Apologies if I missed this posted somewhere in this thread but with the rosters, do you have a whole database of players to choose from when making selections for the national teams? For example in past versions, I remember being able to select American players that have never had a cap with the MNT but were available because they were in the FIFA database.

# 126 TMuss @ 06/15/14 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Apologies if I missed this posted somewhere in this thread but with the rosters, do you have a whole database of players to choose from when making selections for the national teams? For example in past versions, I remember being able to select American players that have never had a cap with the MNT but were available because they were in the FIFA database.
It is not near as extensive as FIFA 14's international roster selection since it's pulling from every player in the game that is classified under that country. You're basically limited to players that have been called up to the senior squad at some point over the last few years (US and Mexico each has 45 players to choose from, Spain 37, Brazil 43).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMuss
The previous roster update had some of the players in their new boots (the Adidas battle pack as well as the new blue and pink Pumas). The newest roster? Nope....everyone is back to their older boots, including Messi. Ugh.
And all is right in the world. Today's update has the right boots. Yay.

# 127 SlimKibbles @ 06/15/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
It is not near as extensive as FIFA 14's international roster selection since it's pulling from every player in the game that is classified under that country. You're basically limited to players that have been called up to the senior squad at some point over the last few years (US and Mexico each has 45 players to choose from, Spain 37, Brazil 43).
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. IIRC some of the older versions of the WC game had that extensive database of players to choose from like in FIFA 14 based on their country classification. Had hoped that was still the case. Not a big deal. Just a person who likes lots of options.

# 128 juand @ 06/15/14 01:06 PM
I'm fine with the selection. It's basically any player who played in the qualifiers

# 129 Stormyhog @ 06/15/14 05:48 PM
Why is it that they won't let you change weather in this game? I see the option but can only have clear weather. I know snow is not needed but rain should be.

# 130 cubsfan203 @ 06/16/14 02:44 PM
This game is on sale for $40 at Best Buy and Amazon.

I have a few questions.
--Can you do CPU vs CPU at all? If so what modes?
--Are the kits updated? I thought I read somewhere that some of them werent.
--How is the qualification mode? I didn't play 2010 but played the crap out of it in 2006 on Xbox.

# 131 DARKxKNIGHTx2013 @ 06/16/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203

I have a few questions.
--How is the qualification mode? I didn't play 2010 but played the crap out of it in 2006 on Xbox.
If I'm remembering correctly they have all of the 2014 World Cup kits for the teams that are in it. Then they also have the uniforms that they played in throughout qualifications. I haven't gone too far into the qualification mode (Just got the game this weekend) but it seems really interesting this year. They have the option to start at the very beginning of qualification (if you choose a team that starts there. i.e. US Virgin Islands). You can also listen between 2 different radio stations that will give updates as the qualification goes on and you near the World Cup. It's very neat and I can't wait to start a Road to the World Cup. Can't decide on what team though. I want to have the full experience, like a team from Europe or Africa but also want to play as the US . I'm having issues deciding.

# 132 TMuss @ 06/16/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203

I have a few questions.

You can watch CPU vs CPU in Free Play. World Cup and other modes require you to play as a team.

The US Bomb Pop kits are still wrong (blue pants ), Bosnia is not in their Adidas kits (but then again they just switched the first of June), Spain does not have their white (again a last minute add due to FIFA stupidity), Ecuador does not have either of their World Cup kits, there are teams that switched up their shorts and are wrong (Italy, Cameroon, Australia, Swiss, France), and then teams like Chile and Australia have the wrong socks.

But they do have fairly accurate kits for Qatar. Oh Sepp.....

If only EA would allow us the ability to mix and match kits (pick the shirt, shorts and socks individually). Wouldn't be the first game you could do that in.

# 133 ncaa98 @ 06/17/14 04:35 AM
Can you edit players & create custom tournaments? Thanks!

# 134 FunkDockta27 @ 06/17/14 08:14 PM
Just set up a quick WC mode.
Took Switzerland against the real draw
Lost to Ecuador in the 87' gave up a goal lost 2-1
Drew with France 2-2
Beat Honduras 1-0 (only goal was at 7'...thought I was going to massacre them)

This game is pretty sweet.

Wish I shot better lol

# 135 mrsaito @ 06/18/14 10:01 AM
FunkDockta - The slider for shooting accuracy is pretty sensitive so you might be able to find a good place with that. (Actually it is for *inaccuracy* so a lower number makes you shoot better).

I have played a full qualification with Latvia and think the game is a keeper. I have played all of the past renditions. Latvia's kits and stadium renderings were pretty accurate.

Lost in the semi finals to Switzerland and now I'm starting over with Ethiopia. Their kits are correct although their stadium is nicer than IRL.

The different regional qualifying logistics are truly represented.

# 136 tinpanalley @ 06/18/14 11:05 AM
One thing I can't stand is that even when I set the injury sliders down to zero for human and CPU, players still get injured and it's often for several weeks. Why isn't there a simple NO INJURY setting.

# 137 OliDegu2008 @ 06/18/14 12:14 PM
One of the features I absolutely love is the edition of the extra time settings that was not in the last game. Makes it feel more authentic

# 138 ncaa98 @ 06/18/14 05:49 PM

# 139 TMuss @ 06/18/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
Yes, you can edit players. Everything that you can edit on the previous FIFA games, you can go ahead and do so. EA has been very good about updating boots (except that they have not added the new Nike boots).

You can edit the participants in the World Cup or the Qualifications, but you cannot make a random tournament.

# 140 mcavner @ 06/21/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Yes, you can edit players. Everything that you can edit on the previous FIFA games, you can go ahead and do so. EA has been very good about updating boots (except that they have not added the new Nike boots).

You can edit the participants in the World Cup or the Qualifications, but you cannot make a random tournament.
Where is the option to edit players? I've seen create player (but you can't make a goalie), but no option to edit an existing player...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.