Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The official trailer for the Playstation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show is now live on the internet for your viewing pleasure. The video shows off several aspects of next-gen, much of it looking incredibly good.

From the official PR out of Sony: "We know there’s a great deal of anticipation to witness the next generation of baseball video games, and we’re proud to unveil the first trailer for MLB 14 The Show on PS4. We've also included a bunch of screenshot captures from the video here.

On display are the completely rebuilt stadiums, the redone lighting engine (check out the self-shadowing at night), vastly more detailed crowds, grass and player hair rendered down to the last blade/strand, and much more. Plus, since all three versions of MLB 14 The Show (PS3, PS4, and PS Vita) support cross save functionality, anyone who already picked up this year’s game will be able to easily carry their progress over to PS4 when it launches."

What do you spot in the trailer that piques your interest?

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WhiteM5 @ 04/17/14 10:58 AM
Wind blowing out to LEFT: Confirmed.

# 22 Sip_16 @ 04/17/14 10:58 AM
Being in Ontario, I gotta say the look of the Rogers Centre is pretty damn close to what it actually looks like when you are there (roof opened of course), its crazy!

# 23 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro
It's Beautiful...

# 24 Pezell04x @ 04/17/14 11:00 AM

# 25 tsbmolina @ 04/17/14 11:00 AM
Love the different color gloves

# 26 PsychoBulk @ 04/17/14 11:02 AM
Oh my oh my oh my...

# 27 tsbmolina @ 04/17/14 11:02 AM
Look at the lighting on his wristband!

# 28 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro

Even the INSIDE of the helmet has padding. Detail is insane in this game.
I noticed that too haha

# 29 tsbmolina @ 04/17/14 11:08 AM
Looks so good

# 30 thaSLAB @ 04/17/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Looks so good
Those shots alone, reveal a lot.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 31 ryanmc564 @ 04/17/14 11:15 AM
awesome trailer!! come on may 6th

# 32 GruffyMcGuiness @ 04/17/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
I am kind of getting the idea that people are pretty easily impressed by graphics out here. IDK I have been gaming on PC for years with high-end cards so this is all pretty damn average to me. As in games looked this good easily 5 years ago. I have yet to see the in-game AA and that could be a killer if they are just using something like FXAA which is pretty awful. Can't wait for the demo but I am seriously tempering my expectations. Sports games in general are a base value behind any AAA title atm. But they do seem to be rapidly catching up now that the years of enslavement to horrid/complex technology are over. The future at least looks very bright.
Oh... One of these...

# 33 tsbmolina @ 04/17/14 11:16 AM
Bo Jackson break that bat!

# 34 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 11:16 AM
Quote:
I am kind of getting the idea that people are pretty easily impressed by graphics out here. IDK I have been gaming on PC for years with high-end cards so this is all pretty damn average to me. As in games looked this good easily 5 years ago. I have yet to see the in-game AA and that could be a killer if they are just using something like FXAA which is pretty awful. Can't wait for the demo but I am seriously tempering my expectations. Sports games in general are a base value behind any AAA title atm. But they do seem to be rapidly catching up now that the years of enslavement to horrid/complex technology are over. The future at least looks very bright.
For a console this is good graphics buddy. PC gaming is in a league of its own and you said the magic words high end graphics card buddy. They don't put the most high tech graphics card into a system because people still need to be able to afford them. Now like I said for console this is well done. Shooters generally look better because of the engines they use. For a sports game on console this is top of the line.

# 35 tnixen @ 04/17/14 11:17 AM
Just incredible!!

# 36 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Bo Jackson break that bat!
yes the bat breaking I love it haha!

# 37 BSUFAN @ 04/17/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
There will be no demo, guess you will have wait to find out with the rest of us.

# 38 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/17/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Oh... One of these...
Yep. I'm surprised the color of the grass didn't make it's way into that comment somewhere...

# 39 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
LOL, I guess so.
Still gonna be a great game so enjoy it at least :P

# 40 Sip_16 @ 04/17/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Like the lack of texture details in the distance for one.
all of these posts over and over

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.