Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The official trailer for the Playstation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show is now live on the internet for your viewing pleasure. The video shows off several aspects of next-gen, much of it looking incredibly good.

From the official PR out of Sony: "We know there’s a great deal of anticipation to witness the next generation of baseball video games, and we’re proud to unveil the first trailer for MLB 14 The Show on PS4. We've also included a bunch of screenshot captures from the video here.

On display are the completely rebuilt stadiums, the redone lighting engine (check out the self-shadowing at night), vastly more detailed crowds, grass and player hair rendered down to the last blade/strand, and much more. Plus, since all three versions of MLB 14 The Show (PS3, PS4, and PS Vita) support cross save functionality, anyone who already picked up this year’s game will be able to easily carry their progress over to PS4 when it launches."

What do you spot in the trailer that piques your interest?

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rkocjay @ 04/17/14 12:08 PM
its only april dam cant it be may 6th already

# 62 stlchamp10 @ 04/17/14 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro

No Morpheus, Russell told us this was the beginning.

# 63 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Wow, Not one Ray in the entire video! Lol. Travesty.
My O's weren't in it either :P Just think how sweet the ray tank looks in this game!

# 64 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
Ehh, dude, the Twins are kind of something you need to experience to understand. A fairweather fan I am not but thanks for your opinion.

We have had a huge problem with management for over a decade now and yeah it gets on people's nerves when we just paid for the new stadium. We are also coming off multiple 90 plus loss seasons with no stellar pitching in site. The only way I played 12 was with a different team. Most Minnesota diehards feel EXACTLY the same way although this season is so far interesting.
Good thing about the show is you can take the team over and make them a power house. I had to do that with the O's for a few years and still do it.

# 65 WaddupCouzin @ 04/17/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria499
My O's weren't in it either :P Just think how sweet the ray tank looks in this game!
I noticed that too Hysteria! No Machado, Longoria, Chris Davis, Wil Myers. We couldn't get out of Baltimore fast enough this week, those dudes gave us the bizness!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 66 tnixen @ 04/17/14 12:13 PM
Team mascots are back and looking better then ever!

# 67 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I noticed that too Hysteria! No Machado, Longoria, Chris Davis, Wil Myers. We couldn't get out of Baltimore fast enough this week, those dudes gave us the bizness!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
the pitching actually showed up. Was lucky we did not have to deal with price phew!

# 68 aguero90 @ 04/17/14 12:18 PM
You didn't get Price, but the Yanks do tonight. Seems like Cc and him always face each other.

# 69 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
Haha I know that is what a friend does
But if the Twins start losing again it's definitely going to be a downer man. You can only take so much when a team like ours has two really wonderfully played WS championships under the belt and looks so promising at times but fails to amount to anything.
Oh as a Orioles fan I know. We had 14 years of losing records. Being a 1990 kid I did not experience a lot of great times nor the world series. I did get to see a lot of Cal and we are from the same town.

# 70 eaw913 @ 04/17/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
I got a huge laugh out of this.

# 71 decga @ 04/17/14 12:20 PM
I cant play the Show 13' for my PS3 anymore.. LOL.. I'm ready! Its looking sweet. It is looking like it plays like previous versions, but with a twist.. How about the helmet coming off Werth when he is sliding.....

# 72 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
You didn't get Price, but the Yanks do tonight. Seems like Cc and him always face each other.
Price is nasty. Wish we had him haha.

# 73 Teddy_Long @ 04/17/14 12:22 PM
screenshots, bluejays stadium please

# 74 hysteria499 @ 04/17/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I cant play the Show 13' for my PS3 anymore.. LOL.. I'm ready! Its looking sweet. It is looking like it plays like previous versions, but with a twist.. How about the helmet coming off Werth when he is sliding.....
You know they totally did that because Harper can't keep his helmet on when he runs JK JK

# 75 decga @ 04/17/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Lets all not get too excited " Debbie " will be in the forum real soon
Screw "Debbie" on this one. I don't think no one's coming down from this one..

# 76 ShowTyme15 @ 04/17/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
screenshots, bluejays stadium please
There's quite a few of them in this thread already.

# 77 decga @ 04/17/14 12:31 PM
Checkout the screenshot of the ump coming life. The emotion Its So real!

# 78 tnixen @ 04/17/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The lighting on the jersey and the grass and cloth textures holy crap! Two finger fastball!
That grass looks so good I can almost smell the cut grass.

No joke I may never turn off my PS4 again after MLB 14 The Show is installed!

# 79 boogie2266 @ 04/17/14 12:35 PM
It looks great and I'm really looking forward to the game, but watching the videos there are two things to complain about.

1. The objects in the distance like buildings seem to be less detailed than the rest of the game
2. If you look at players with long hair or a pony-tail...the hair doesn't seem to move a bit (Seems to be a general problem, Madden has it too)

But these a just small things which don't destroy my exitement for the game

# 80 tnixen @ 04/17/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie2266
It looks great and I'm really looking forward to the game, but watching the videos there are two things to complain about.

1. The objects in the distance like buildings seem to be less detailed than the rest of the game
2. If you look at players with long hair or a pony-tail...the hair doesn't seem to move a bit (Seems to be a general problem, Madden has it too)

But these a just small things which don't destroy my exitement for the game
In those very early videos released back in October the players hair was moving. So perhaps Sony just could not get it to look right and decided to remove it for now. Maybe the players hair moving will return in MLB 15 The Show?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.