Home
The Golf Club News Post

The PC version of The Golf Club is available now on steam for $29.99, during their early access promotion. On April 24th, the game will be $34.99. Still no word on official release dates for Xbox One or PS4.

There are plenty of impressions of the beta here, thanks to bluengold34_OS, but play a few rounds for yourself and post your impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Highly Realistic Golf Simulation Game - The Golf Club - Tees off Today on Steam Early Access

HB Studios Simulation, Complete with Course Creator and Social Features, Now Available on Steam Early Access for PC

Canadian video game developer, HB Studios, today announced its next generation golf simulation, The Golf Club, is now available on Steam Early Access for PC. The Golf Club features pre-designed courses as well as a Course Creator that allows players to build brand new courses and share them online within seconds. The Golf Club Early Access is available for $29.99, discounted from $34.99 for 7 days. Scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One soon, The Golf Club will redefine the genre across both console and PC platforms. For more information, including a host of instructional videos, please visit the official website here.

“With a heritage deeply rooted in building some of the most fun, intuitive and critically successful sport franchises on the EA Sports label, HB Studios are now excited to roll out the first phase of The Golf Club,” said Jeremy Wellard, President of HB Studios. “With integrated social features, a massive online multiplayer mode and a Course Creator that will provide players with endless challenges, avid golfers and gamers can now access The Golf Club on Steam Early Access.”

The Golf Club is designed for 1 - 4 players locally, (from single player to 4-player sofa play), or in an asynchronous online multiplayer mode that allows players to compete against “live balls” and “ghost balls” from other players. Early Access of The Golf Club comes complete with three modes: stroke play, match play and 4-ball, and no loading times between holes.

The Course Creator allows players to build an unlimited number of golf courses which can then be shared and played with friends online. New courses can be generated in a matter of seconds by selecting a theme (Rural, Alpine or Autumn), terrain features, number of holes and difficulty. Players can then enjoy a full suite of editing tools from changing the time of day to placing hazards and objects to create the ultimate golf challenge. Players can also discover new courses built by friends and the community by filtering through rank and difficulty, as well as interact with new The Golf Club members through the Message Center.

Additional social features enable players to challenge friends and attempt to beat high scores and best their own highest recorded rounds. Add to this a myriad of statistic tracking tools, notifications, challenges and much more, and you have a golf club truly worth joining. The Golf Club was developed with the Unity games development platform.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ubernoob @ 04/23/14 12:31 PM
Yeah, the PS4 controller should naturally work with the PC like the 360/XBOne controllers do.

# 142 Cod @ 04/23/14 12:52 PM
TBR, nice work on the course. The greens were definitely tough. I started off well, but hole 9 caused me a nice 5-putt

# 143 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 02:29 PM

Got my putting down and shot really well, felt like I earned that score LOL

# 144 PES3Paul @ 04/23/14 06:17 PM
Steam auto-updated the game with a patch:

*Show popup on start up for unsupported hardware
*Fixed bootup crash
*Fixed Nvidia Optimus choosing wrong gpu
*Fixed several multiplayer issues
*Fixed player handedness save issue

# 145 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Falcon Play CC is up...
Hope you enjoy it.
Just finished first round, shot 84. Was only +5 through 14 I think.

I 4 putted one hole where my damn ball was acting like there was a force field over the hole LOL

Good fun course Sky, interested to see more.

# 146 Skyboxer @ 04/23/14 07:50 PM
Just a user preference. . But I wish all coursed made had yardage markers. .
Helps when planning attacks. I love that the game doesn't spin feed you info so yardage markers really add to it.

# 147 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 08:01 PM
I know PGA members have golf laser ranger finders but do the professional courses have markers like local courses?

# 148 Skyboxer @ 04/23/14 08:22 PM
Don't think so but they also have yardage books etc. .
Would be nice to have something.

# 149 Skyboxer @ 04/23/14 08:47 PM
Went back into the game and now my PS4 controller doesn't work..
WTH..
Somehow it worked for days and now nothing. PC doesn't recognize it. Guess I'll have to grab a 360 one.

# 150 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 08:56 PM
If I keep playing these courses with punishing greens...

# 151 TypicalPhenom @ 04/23/14 09:14 PM
I've never really played any games on the cpu, so I'm hoping someone can help me and tell me if my specs are good enough to play the Golf Club or if I should wait until XB1.

Processor: AMD A6-3420m APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50Ghz
6 GB of Ram

Video Card is
Chip Type: AMD Radeon HD 6520G
3072 mb memory

The required and recommended specs both reference the intel processor, I wasn't sure how mine compared and I'm not sure how to compare the video card to what they had listed. Any help is appreciated.

# 152 Phobia @ 04/23/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalPhenom
I've never really played any games on the cpu, so I'm hoping someone can help me and tell me if my specs are good enough to play the Golf Club or if I should wait until XB1.

Processor: AMD A6-3420m APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50Ghz
6 GB of Ram

Video Card is
Chip Type: AMD Radeon HD 6520G
3072 mb memory

The required and recommended specs both reference the intel processor, I wasn't sure how mine compared and I'm not sure how to compare the video card to what they had listed. Any help is appreciated.

Don't know much about that video card but I'm pretty sure there is no way that card will run it

Sent from da lil phone.

# 153 DiscountCleric @ 04/23/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If I keep playing these courses with punishing greens...

I feel your pain. I went from a few slow greens courses to a fast one and I may as well have been putting on a skating rink. 60% power to get up a 20ft hill and even that wasn't enough, and then a 20% putt from 3 feet away rims around the cup and rolls right back down the same hill

# 154 Bamafan3723 @ 04/23/14 10:00 PM
I've been going over to TGC forums and checking out the created courses. Man this game looks great. I saw during the beta release that someone here on OS had tried creating one of the holes from Augusta National. I'm looking forward to see if anyone tries creating Augusta National now that the full version is out on PC. Absolutely love that course.

# 155 SinisterAlex @ 04/23/14 10:02 PM
I wish there was a way in the course editor to adjust rough length. For my second course I want to make a 100% US Open style course with the same difficulties.

Also wish you could edit courses after you published them. I published Vancouver National Golf Club last night and realized a few hours later that there some changes I wanted to make. No dice unfortunately.

# 156 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I wish there was a way in the course editor to adjust rough length. For my second course I want to make a 100% US Open style course with the same difficulties.

Also wish you could edit courses after you published them. I published Vancouver National Golf Club last night and realized a few hours later that there some changes I wanted to make. No dice unfortunately.
You can just go into the editor, do the changes, and publish again, just name it Vancouver National Country Club or something.

# 157 SinisterAlex @ 04/23/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You can just go into the editor, do the changes, and publish again, just name it Vancouver National Country Club or something.
Thing is I don't see it on my list of created courses. After I published it, the course disappeared from my list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

# 158 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/23/14 10:23 PM
Hmm, never checked mine, I just know some guys did that. Maybe hit search and type it in and see if it pulls it up somehow.

# 159 ODogg @ 04/23/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Went back into the game and now my PS4 controller doesn't work..
WTH..
Somehow it worked for days and now nothing. PC doesn't recognize it. Guess I'll have to grab a 360 one.
It was me..you talked about it to me...it didn't like that...

# 160 DaveMN @ 04/23/14 11:12 PM
Really loving this game, and all the user-generated content. Bought a new graphics card just to play this sucker.

Looking for a tip, though. I'm finding it very hard to gauge distances off the tee when aiming. Is there any way to tell in the marker view what some of the distances are from the tee?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.