09:18 AM - April 18, 2014 by Steve_OS
In the 80th episode of the Press Row Podcast, we feature our Press Row Podcast PAX East 2014 panel in its entirety. Titled “The Crisis in Sports Games”, the group takes a look at the state of sports games from the Consumer, Developer, and Publisher standpoint. Do game purchasers have enough choices? Do they get enough value from their games? Where are the arcade titles? Is too much asked of developers in too short of a time frame? Can publishers make enough money with expensive license and development costs? These questions and many more are posed and debated in front of a live audience.
A special thanks to the great people at PAX East 2014 for accepting our panel! We had a great time and hope to be back next year for the third straight PAX!
Joining us on the panel:
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- TJ Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.