Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video featuring the dynamic batting and fielding cameras in the PS4 version.

MLB 14 The Show ships on May 6th for PS4. Find out more about the game on our official page.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bcruise @ 04/21/14 02:42 PM
I will say the ball becomes awfully hard to see during day games without that trail, at least on the PS3. It's not like it scales much or anything - you'll really only be able to see the fielders moving toward it to know where it is, at least from my experience.

At night it's much easier to see, obviously.

# 42 sbmnky @ 04/21/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I like that aspect too, but in baseball in real life even though it's hard to tell, it's still possible to tell. I don't know if that's the case in this game.
I agree, it is hard if looking solely at the ball. When the ball is the air, I'm shifting my eyes between the flight of the ball and the fielder - similar to when I'm playing or watching (on TV and in the stands). This gives me a pretty good indication if the ball is going to be caught. It's not perfect, but I'll continue to use it.

# 43 brewersfan84 @ 04/21/14 03:38 PM
The new dynamic fielding marker goes hand in hand perfectly with the new camera!! Batting takes a bit getting used to, I like the suspense of the fly ball you hit, but the ball trail makes it kind of arcade-y.

# 44 thaSLAB @ 04/21/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Where on the PS3 version do you go to find it ?? Can you use it with RTTS ??thanks
Although similar, the RTTS cam is unique to that mode, and it allows you to toggle (L2) between your RTTS behind-the-player cam to a broadcast cam, when the ball is in flight.

# 45 thaSLAB @ 04/21/14 04:32 PM
Quote:
I like that aspect too, but in baseball in real life even though it's hard to tell, it's still possible to tell. I don't know if that's the case in this game. Even when you watched Puig, Pence, and Russell playing HRD, they couldn't tell if it was going to the third deck or falling short of the warning track. There should be some discrepancy in ball flight there, IMO. The ball should appear smaller, or something of that nature.

Just saying I think they have a while to nail that aspect, even though they have now gotten the "mystery" aspect of it going for them.
A perfect example of how the dynamic camera (especially with the ball trail OFF) factors into gameplay can be found here: http://youtu.be/r2BP6l6MxnI?t=4m5s - you can see me being indecisive around second base because I couldn't tell if it was going to be caught or not. I definitely like the uncertainty it brings to the game, both offensively and defensively. Also, trajectory plays a part in the camera behavior as well.

# 46 HustlinOwl @ 04/21/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
A perfect example of how the dynamic camera (especially with the ball trail OFF) factors into gameplay can be found here: http://youtu.be/r2BP6l6MxnI?t=4m5s - you can see me being indecisive around second base because I couldn't tell if it was going to be caught or not. I definitely like the uncertainty it brings to the game, both offensively and defensively. Also, trajectory plays a part in the camera behavior as well.
too bad that same gameplay cant be experienced online and using this camera. Would really like to see it in action vs online opponents.

# 47 Cubs1984Nostaglia @ 04/21/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
From what I've seen so far on the PS3 game and this video, that is correct.

Yup

coming from a guy playing it right now

# 48 zfarrow @ 04/21/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Well since that's ps4 video, did the devs every say why in the runner window the players still do not display jersey numbers.
Could it be that they were Giants, Red Sox, or Yankees and had no names on their jerseys to begin with? I noticed a lot of those teams in the video.

# 49 Ghoste @ 04/21/14 05:30 PM
I like the new fielding camera. But I still think that the batting camera would screw up my base running. I'll give it a shot though.

-ghoste

# 50 PsychoBulk @ 04/21/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Well since that's ps4 video, did the devs every say why in the runner window the players still do not display jersey numbers.
Earlier build.

Im 99% sure a dev has chimed in on here recently confirming runner windows this year will now display numbers.

# 51 Russell_SCEA @ 04/21/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Earlier build.

Im 99% sure a dev has chimed in on here recently confirming runner windows this year will now display numbers.

Sorry they are gone.

# 52 ShowTyme15 @ 04/21/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Sorry they are gone.
Buzz kill...

# 53 LastActionHero @ 04/21/14 06:06 PM
I heard the new lighting engine also didn't make it in
Players in the runner windows missing their numbers never bothered me but I understand people would want this in eventually.

# 54 PsychoBulk @ 04/21/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Sorry they are gone.
Theres always one Debbie!

I kid, its really anything but a biggie, i guess they obviously caused more issues than they were worth.

# 55 PsychoBulk @ 04/21/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Interesting that would be left out, not a huge thing but why would they leave it out.
Probably for the reason i speculated about above, probably too buggy and caused more issues than the benefits they would bring.

# 56 tnixen @ 04/21/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Sorry they are gone.
Why are they gone?

# 57 RandyBass @ 04/21/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
I do wish we could use that dynamic defensive camera on offense, if nothing else than for consistency purposes.
Consistency, and also that looks to me like a pretty sweet camera angle just generally speaking.

Too early to call for it to be patched in?

Always nice to have options!

# 58 aguero90 @ 04/21/14 06:46 PM
I can't wait to really see this new camera! I can't see it well on my laptop, but once I get the game on my big screen, I'll be able to see it better! On another note, I hope when we broadcast our gameplay, we get sound, unlike NBA2k14!

# 59 Chester_Copperpot @ 04/21/14 07:09 PM
The batting camera is great. It's reminiscent of the batting camera in Pro Yakyuu Spirits, which is killer. Based on the video, I feel like I might end up liking this one even more.

# 60 exempr @ 04/21/14 07:28 PM
guys this is not new at all on baseball gaming this type of cameras it just been better polish for the new consoles this dynamic cameras i been playing with since 3D baseball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AddhSg3eLD0

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.