Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.11 is available now, weighing in at 400 MB. The official announcement is here, or you can read it below.

Online Changes:
  • Community Challenges: Walks earned during the first situation will reset after the first pitch during the second situation.
  • Community Challenges: Gameplay ceases when user enters the bullpen after a flyout (but before the play ends).
  • Online: Community Challenges: The pitcher is switched back to the default pitcher when user edits a situation in which the pitcher was changed.
  • Community Challenges: Set scores are displayed incorrectly on the pause menu scoreboard.
  • Online: Diamond Dynasty: Fixed an issue that caused certain pages of DD league leaders to be blank. Pitchers were working, but position players were not.
  • Diamond Dynasty: Quitting or conceding incorrectly displayed a Win under Game History.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed out/safe calls for tag outs.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed hang when hitting select pitch and practice swing at the same time.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed auto-pitch delays not getting reset upon pitcher input.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed User hits a ground ball towards the SS, Title asserts/crashes for the offensive player as runners come into their respective bases.
  • Online Gameplay: Diving after a ball in the infield was cause the game to hang very rarely.
  • Online Gameplay: Pitcher freez when batter Hitting Interface is set to Pure Analog or Zone Plus Analog and the batter steals early with a baserunner.
  • Online Gameplay: Issue where the runner would sometimes run past a bag instead of sliding is fixed.
  • Online Gameplay: First baseman warping back to bag on a bunt down first base line.
  • Online Gameplay: Accessing the Quick menu after substituting a player breaks the users on-screen-display.
  • Online Gameplay: Both users in a Head to Head match would lose Pause menu functionality if a pitcher is put in to game too quickly after a pitcher is ejected from game.
  • Online Gameplay: After a pitcher is scheduled to be put in has come in, the offensive player would receive a pitch before seeing the presentation for them coming into the game.
  • Online Gameplay: Game Log displays multiple text regarding pitchers in bullpen after each pitch during Online Exhibition.
  • Online Gameplay: The Box Score Pitching stats are not tracking correctly. Player stats syncs were resetting pitcher stats.
  • Universal Profile: Fixed issue where hits on last 3 appearances in the universal profile would show the home teams hits for both teams.
  • Online Franchise: User accepting a franchise challenge would freeze if other user backs out.
  • Online: Accessing positioning or substitution options from the quick menu caused a stagnant pause timer to remain on screen during gameplay.
  • Sportscast Live: The player name displayed as the pitcher was incorrect.
  • Vaults: Title would hang on an error message when the User attempts to upload a Logo, Slider, or Roster with a name that has less than 5 characters when on a description selector.
  • Online: Exhibition and Game Room games are affecting Rating correctly in all situations now.
  • Online: Fix for player search options being allowed in offseason. If they are used, the next season could hang.
Offline Changes:
  • Back to Back trophy incorrectly unlocked after hitting a home run then calling for time with the next batter.
  • Fix for base coach playing incorrect version of fair ball call. Base coach was trying to do too many things at once.
  • Substitution screen: BRA text (Base Running Ability) has been replaced with STL (Steal ability).
  • With Playerlock on, defensive substitutions did not function. You could go through the operation of attempting to sub teammates, but nothing would happen, the situation would be simmed through, and gameplay would continue.
  • Incorrect SCORER where design calls for PITCH_COUNT totals in LAD jumbotron.
  • Miller Park - Milwaukee Brewers Franchise/Season: During a game at Miller Park, player info stat normally displayed on the Jumbtron during their initial at-bat could appear incorrect or not noteworthy. Fixed some grammar and added some more conditions to prevent un-interestinginformation from being displayed.
  • RTTS - Player Performance Evaluator for 'pitch type' bar graphic is inaccurate while attempting to play 1 full year.
  • RTTS: "Reset" did not function after changing page tabs in the Training screen resulting in loss of points with no increase in attribute.
  • Player Search contract remaining min/max text was too long.
  • Runner that reaches first on throwing error would sometimes get counted as a run.
  • Allow fielding errors in fielding training modes.
  • Include pre-pitch misses and phantom catches to conditions for 3Bman to set up for cut off to home cut off infield grass.
  • Catcher did not animate correctly when catching for an Intentional Walk.
  • Leading off or stepping back will cancel a queued up steal attempt.
  • RTTS/Lock-On: Title will soft lock when User calls for a pick off when RTTS 2B/SS is not near the base they are calling the pick off to.
  • Quick count balance and tuning- Tracking/accounting fix for balls/strikes and total pitch count, changes to the AI’s ball/strike frequency for smarter strategy, balance changes related to the power swing fix.
  • Manager mode quick counts - Too many strikes were being thrown.
  • Fixed issues with pitchers that pitch from the stretch with no runners on base.
  • Fixed issue causing ball-boy to use a full run instead of a jog when running to dead ball catches.
  • Fixed an issue causing a runner on 3rd to try to go home on a bunt when the catcher was fielding the ball right next to the line and could easily tag him out.
  • Added head tilt constraint to improve the head angle when a pitcher looks back at a runner on 2nd base.
  • Average runners have better steal success than before. This is a small change, but there are a lot of close plays getting them tagged out. The effect is pronounced when playing against certain pitchers, and for these pitchers the runners were being capped from getting their best jump (compared to last year).
  • In Manage Only Mode, opposing teams would never sac bunt.
  • Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox): Night and Day capacity numbers were switched.
  • Season/Franchise: When toggling through teams on Free Agents list, the background color does not change to match selected team's colors.
  • RTTS Showcase: An out of place Right Stick icon appeared in the mode header after accessing the Universal Profile. We didn't handle the Showcase play mode.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 armymule @ 04/23/14 01:10 PM
I agree, we need an option to turn that damn thing off! Also to get rid of the blue circles and some of the other things they are not giving us choices for.

# 42 tnixen @ 04/23/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armymule
I agree, we need an option to turn that damn thing off! Also to get rid of the blue circles and some of the other things they are no giving us choices for.
MLB The Show games have always been known to give users options to turn on and off a lot of features. And this is why I am so surprised that Sony would remove the turn off Home Run Camera option from 14.

It's kind of shocking actually

# 43 selahsdaddy @ 04/23/14 01:17 PM
Have had 2 of my 3 online games hard freeze my console. Smh

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 44 DutchYankee @ 04/23/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
just got another 'CELEBRATION' CAM. It seems the fix didn't go through. 3-3 on my end.

bit busy but i am going to use my nephew as a guinea pig to test this a lot more and check back.

In the bug report from SCEA the whole HR cam issue is marked as closed. I dont know if this means that this is it or that it is fixed as mentioned by Russell in a 25-75% manner. Hope that this is really fixed or for me this is a real bummer for MLB14.

# 45 stealyerface @ 04/23/14 01:37 PM
Bummer on the HR cam thing. Maybe soon.

So, here's a question based on the glowing ( and well deserved) interview with Knight on his roster work.

Could SCEA get his permission to use the last update of the rosters, with player moves and trades, for the release version of the roster for the following year's game? Why is it that Clay Bucholz shows up with a splitter in the repertoire, or pitcher X with a knuckle curve- who has not thrown one since college? Who is assigned pitcher repertoires that cannot spend one minute on Baseball Reference to see which pitcher throws what? Ratings are subjective and can change, I get that. But John Lackey without that devestating 2 seamer in his holster is not commensurate with the most realistic game on the planet.

Perhaps Sony San Diego needs a "Pitcher's Repertoire" research director who can assign the pitches that the pitchers actually throw?

~syf

# 46 fuseman99 @ 04/23/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP1119
I'm doing baserunning in RTTS and I'm using R1 and L1 instead of analog. I can lead off but it will not allow me to run to steal. Usually the diamond on the screen will draw green line indicator from 1st to 2nd but in this case I can't go. I found this out in the baserunning drill, I seriously just sat there at 15 attempts for about 10 minutes.

Anyone have a solution?
Hold R2, release when you want to steal

# 47 Russell_SCEA @ 04/23/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
From limited testing with all of the CPU sliders jacked the HR celebration camera still showed up. I am not sure the threshold of what is considered a no doubter but even on HRs that weren't double deckers I saw 1 regular defensive view and 3 HR celebration cams.

Auto baserunning you now have manual control of stealing/leading off.

Pickoffs still happen much too often when the base runner takes a 1 extra step lead.
I am not picking guys off with default no leads but that 1 extra step lead is almost a guaranteed pickoff if you just keep throwing over. There is a little risk in throwing it in the stands but more often you get the out. I still think that guys with high speed should be harder to pickoff. I know they said they were not going to touch this until next year. I am just going to use the slow throw double tap if I want to hold a runner without wanting a pickoff, and I just won't use the extra step lead on my end.

The game gives you a lead it gives every base runner a lead. You are taking a 2 step lead by pressing L1 and if you do the cpu is going to pay way more attention to you. Especially if it's a guy with good speed and base stealing ability

This portion of the game is working as intended nothing is wrong, or unbalanced. There is nothing to fix here.

# 48 bcruise @ 04/23/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The game gives you a lead it gives every base runner a lead. You are taking a 2 step lead by pressing L1 and if you do the cpu is going to pay way more attention to you. Especially if it's a guy with good speed and base stealing ability

This portion of the game is working as intended nothing is wrong, or unbalanced. There is nothing to fix here.
I think he was referring to picking off the CPU when it takes that extra step. That's what a lot of us are seeing - that the CPU baserunners are getting picked off excessively.

That said I haven't seen much CPU running yet post patch, so I can't say if anything is different on that front.

# 49 Heroesandvillains @ 04/23/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
What's the "power swing fix" all about?
Yeah. I was asking the same thing earlier.

It's the one note on the list I have no clue about and would love some clarification on what was re-calibrated.

# 50 BrianU @ 04/23/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

I have been bringing it up a lot on here and I'll drop it after this post because I see what you are saying and you are right. I don't mean to draw attention away from the great areas of the game, the rest of the gameplay is close to perfect in regard to what you see on TV and stats.

I understand the game gives you a default lead to all runners. If the pitcher throws over then the runner simply retreats to the bag and remains standing. That seems to work fine.

When watching the games on TV as I am now, you see the speedy guys get a good lead as they say on TV. They are faster and react faster than say, Adam Dunn, so they can take a bigger lead of course. In The Show it seems the risk is way too great of getting picked off, even with these speedy guys, to take that 1 extra step/good lead. It seems like you don't have a real option to take that lead because of how high the rate of being picked off is. Of course there is risk in real life for those players too, but when they get thrown over they normally (I am not sure the exact percentage) return safely. Many games you see no succesful pickoffs despite these speed guys taking extended leads. If I were to play a full game of The Show and only give an extra lead to the speed guys I guarantee there will be at least 1 pickoff a game and probably more than that.

Now for my team I can control that and just leave every player at the standard lead. While I still believe I should have more leeway leading off with a speedy guy, I can deal with that.

The issue is the CPU team doesn't realize how easily they can be picked off and their speed guys do take that extra step. I have no hard numbers but I know pickoffs are very rare in the MLB. Most pitchers have under 5 all season. There is a small risk to throwing the ball into the stands in the game but not enough compared to the rate of successful pickoffs. To me the balance seems off between speedy guys leading off, and average/slow guys leading off. I do not believe the speedy guys who take that extra step should be picked off as much. Perhaps we need another rating specifically in regard to reaction to pickoff moves for base runners or have speed given more weight in the formula to determine if the pickoff is successful or not.

My own solution is if the CPU is taking an extra lead over the default I just use the double tap throw over which is a lower rate of success or I step off the mound. I do not want to pickoff the CPU once every game and if I wanted to I know I could. It shouldn't be possible to do that.

Sorry for harping this I appreciate all of the fixes and with OSFM out soon I can't wait to begin my franchise.

# 51 DarthRambo @ 04/23/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I appreciate the update and would appreciate more.

Every hour for the rest of the day. LOL!

Yeah, got a long day at work.

The QC fix is the one I'm most worried/excited about. This is because I hope to not have to adjust my current settings much (or at all). Any other observations would be greatly appreciated once you feel you've played enough to notice the gameplay differences.
I'm feeling the same way. Excited but hoping I don't need to tweak sliders with the fix. May be able to lower SP stamina to 6 tho with this...need updates as well with a long work day/night for me as well lol. How often do you see 3-2 counts with QC?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 52 bcruise @ 04/23/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I'm feeling the same way. Excited but hoping I don't need to tweak sliders with the fix. May be able to lower SP stamina to 6 tho with this...need updates as well with a long work day/night for me as well lol

Personally I think I'd look to adjust Manager Hook before stamina. The second game had another pitcher throwing 120, but it wasn't in a situation where he probably should have still been in the game. Hook was at default for both of those first two games.

I maxed hook just to see what would happen in the third game and both pitchers were pulled by about 70 pitches (during good performances)....lol. So it's probably safe to say that slider will make a big difference here.

# 53 DarthRambo @ 04/23/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Personally I think I'd look to adjust Manager Hook before stamina. The second game had another pitcher throwing 120, but it wasn't in a situation where he probably should have still been in the game. Hook was at default for both of those first two games.

I maxed hook just to see what would happen in the third game and both pitchers were pulled by about 70 pitches (during good performances)....lol. So it's probably safe to say that slider will make a big difference here.
Yeah in my experience, that slider works very well lol. Probably a bump up to 6 then would be good. Default seemed pretty good however so far.

At the 120 mark what was their stamina bar at? Did you notice that pitchers tend to reach the 100 mark in the 6th inning?

# 54 Schreibi34 @ 04/23/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP1119
I'm doing baserunning in RTTS and I'm using R1 and L1 instead of analog. I can lead off but it will not allow me to run to steal. Usually the diamond on the screen will draw green line indicator from 1st to 2nd but in this case I can't go. I found this out in the baserunning drill, I seriously just sat there at 15 attempts for about 10 minutes.

Anyone have a solution?
Same here! Only way is to tap R2 before the pitcher moves, then the runner takes of on the first pitcher move no matter what. On a pickoff your dead meat. So thats actually no real solution.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

# 55 RnRexpress3423 @ 04/23/14 02:34 PM
I just turned the game on and was not prompted to download a patch.. Any way to check if I have the patch already installed?

EDIT- I had automatic downloads on and it downloaded for me already.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 56 bcruise @ 04/23/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
At the 120 mark what was their stamina bar at? Did you notice that pitchers tend to reach the 100 mark in the 6th inning?
Sorry, but I don't know - I'm running QC games in CPU vs CPU and you can't see the pitcher's stamina.

They reached 100 later than the 6th - more like the 7th or 8th unless they were getting hit hard.

# 57 Splitter77 @ 04/23/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Thanks for the info.

Honestly though I would much rather be able to turn it off completely then even just seeing it 25% of the time. In my opinion I just do not think the Home Run Camera is a good idea for a true "SIM Style" baseball game. Sure for an 'Arcade" baseball game the Home Run Camera would be fine but not for us "SIM" players.

Most likely it's too late to bring back the option to completely turn off the Home Run Camera for 14. But I really hope it will be back for 15
it sucks.
im just glad i look at this site or i wouldve never known they took it out until i bought the game. then i wouldve been really pissed.
i will def skip this year if they arent putting the option back in to turn it off.

heck- i could spend hours with this game in hr derby, just watching the homeruns--- with the hr camera off. who the hell actually likes the homerun camera?? it had to have been a mistake to leave the option off.

# 58 Mrmagoo @ 04/23/14 03:00 PM
Never been in this position before, but my only connection to the net right now is through my phone. My question is, is there any way to download the patch on my phone then transfer it to my ps3 then be able to apply the patch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

# 59 Mrmagoo @ 04/23/14 03:03 PM
Also wanted to mention in my RTTS, I can press R2 before the pitch pitches and steal over 95 percent of the time and I believe my rating for speed is at 65 and my Bra is at around 60. Is this a bug? If not, it can easily be abused...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

# 60 Cubs1984Nostaglia @ 04/23/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
it sucks.
im just glad i look at this site or i wouldve never known they took it out until i bought the game. then i wouldve been really pissed.
i will def skip this year if they arent putting the option back in to turn it off.

heck- i could spend hours with this game in hr derby, just watching the homeruns--- with the hr camera off. who the hell actually likes the homerun camera?? it had to have been a mistake to leave the option off.
....You are going to skip this fantastic game just because of that cam that only operates 20-30% of the homers? That's a little silly

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.