Home
NASCAR '14 News Post

In early March, the NASCAR '14 team announced a patch was coming soon. Earlier this month they revealed some more details and stated they have moved onto the final testing phase.

Today the team has stated they will complete final beta testing tomorrow with final QA and submission to follow.

Unfortunately, it looks like it might be a while longer before we see the patch. For those of you that are waiting for it to finally arrive, they also mentioned a free Daytona 500 DLC will arrive shortly afterwards.

Game: NASCAR '14Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
NASCAR '14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BurghFan @ 06/20/14 12:10 PM
From the ETX NASCAR Facebook page.

Quote:

Status Update
By ETX NASCAR
Hi all, long time no speak! Our team has been working incredibly hard, not only to bring you the 2014 update but to arrange some amazing activity for its release.

The update itself is now in final steps of approval and will be released once approved by Microsoft and Sony. The release update will be across all platforms simultaneously - so PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on the same day. Also coming your way is the free Daytona paint scheme DLC pack.

The update will mean our players will be the first to race and win under NASCAR’s new 2014 Chase format – you’ll have one over Jimmie Johnson and all the drivers currently fighting for their place in this year’s line-up!

Coming up in the next few weeks we’ve also got chances to meet Brad Keselowski, fun with Miss Sprint Cup and regular race updates! We’re bringing you closer to the NASCAR action than ever before!

# 22 bluengold34_OS @ 06/20/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Status Update
By ETX NASCAR
Hi all, long time no speak! Our team has been working incredibly hard, not only to bring you the 2014 update but to arrange some amazing activity for its release.

The update itself is now in final steps of approval and will be released once approved by Microsoft and Sony. The release update will be across all platforms simultaneously - so PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on the same day. Also coming your way is the free Daytona paint scheme DLC pack.

The update will mean our players will be the first to race and win under NASCAR’s new 2014 Chase format – you’ll have one over Jimmie Johnson and all the drivers currently fighting for their place in this year’s line-up!

Coming up in the next few weeks we’ve also got chances to meet Brad Keselowski, fun with Miss Sprint Cup and regular race updates! We’re bringing you closer to the NASCAR action than ever before!
I'm down with that - Where do I sign up?

# 23 Cutter15 @ 06/20/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I'm down with that - Where do I sign up?

I was about to post the same thing when I read that.

# 24 brandon27 @ 06/20/14 03:52 PM
It's about time! I was about to trade this game in today when I picked up my new XB1, but decided to keep it to try it with the patch if it ever came... Glad to hear its hopefully on its way!

# 25 cusefan74 @ 06/20/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It's about time! I was about to trade this game in today when I picked up my new XB1, but decided to keep it to try it with the patch if it ever came... Glad to hear its hopefully on its way!

Hopefully the patch works.

# 26 brandon27 @ 06/21/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Hopefully the patch works.
Im honestly not expecting it to... that's sad. I really hope it does though. Could be an awesome game.

# 27 bigdoc85 @ 06/30/14 02:17 PM
It is June 30 folks. I guess it depends on what "soon" means.

# 28 ozzy57 @ 06/30/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
It is June 30 folks. I guess it depends on what "soon" means.
I'll help its either 2014 or the next game

# 29 brandon27 @ 07/03/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
From what I am seeing it looks like the patch is in the hands of Microsoft and Sony right now, and that we are just waiting for them to approve it. Hopefully it doesn't fail and get sent back to be fixed, and I hope even more that the patch does something to help fix the game.
Two weeks have passed now since this news... It's not looking very promising, or does it typically take this long for MS and Sony to certify patches?

# 30 bigdoc85 @ 07/04/14 08:51 AM
I have never seen this with a video game (patches that take several months to release) -- and it's happened with each of the 3 games, correct?

Quote:
Two weeks have passed now since this news... It's not looking very promising, or does it typically take this long for MS and Sony to certify patches?

# 31 brandon27 @ 07/04/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I have never seen this with a video game (patches that take several months to release) -- and it's happened with each of the 3 games, correct?
Yes, that's correct. I'm going to wait on this patch since I still own the game and at least want to see if I can get my money's worth from it if the patch ever shows up. However that being said, if there's another installment in this series, or anything from Eutechnyx that even remotely interests me, I'll be passing on it likely.

Unbelievable that a patch they're working on since March, still isn't out in July.

# 32 cusefan74 @ 07/05/14 09:23 PM
Quote:

Usually it takes 2 weeks for a patch to go through Sony and MS. I guess MS has been off all week for the holiday, and they are saying they are gonna release the patch for all systems on the same day. So we will see I guess.

# 33 BurghFan @ 07/07/14 01:43 PM
Just tweeted by ETX NASCAR, update to be released tomorrow!!!!

Quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

# 34 TCrouch @ 07/07/14 02:25 PM
It's rare that I feel so deeply about something, but if this patch doesn't fix a whole laundry list of things, I will write this developer off entirely forever.

They have the right attitude, but it's the same song and dance each year with this. If this one isn't right on the money, it's more an issue of competence than anything else, and that isn't easy to fix.

One could argue we've already passed that point, but like I said--I don't usually feel like a developer is in over its head, ever.

Not until now, at least. If I still see cars that magically don't have to pit on a 4x fuel use race, the bizarre lines that CPU drivers take, brake checking, etc. etc., this is just a lost cause.

# 35 Bgartz29 @ 07/07/14 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
It's rare that I feel so deeply about something, but if this patch doesn't fix a whole laundry list of things, I will write this developer off entirely forever.

They have the right attitude, but it's the same song and dance each year with this. If this one isn't right on the money, it's more an issue of competence than anything else, and that isn't easy to fix.

One could argue we've already passed that point, but like I said--I don't usually feel like a developer is in over its head, ever.

Not until now, at least. If I still see cars that magically don't have to pit on a 4x fuel use race, the bizarre lines that CPU drivers take, brake checking, etc. etc., this is just a lost cause.
I am looking to get this game if the patch does its job. Can you post an update of the results of the patch once you get a chance to play it?

# 36 bigdoc85 @ 07/07/14 04:18 PM
BUT:

quote: "The Daytona DLC will not be released with the update tomorrow. We'll have more on that in the near future."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Just tweeted by ETX NASCAR, update to be released tomorrow!!!!

# 37 cusefan74 @ 07/07/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch

I feel the same way. This is their last chance to impress me and get things working like they should.

# 38 OPDriver @ 07/07/14 05:22 PM
Anxious to see how it plays after the patch. Keeping my fingers crossed that it improves the game.

# 39 Aggies7 @ 07/08/14 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver
Anxious to see how it plays after the patch. Keeping my fingers crossed that it improves the game.

If Brandon's experience below your post is any indication of how it runs, my excitement level has dropped dramatically.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.