10:19 AM - April 28, 2014 by smiley3
The folks at Sony have released a brand new video detailing the new features and enhancements in MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 4. Here are some highlights from the video:
- Player lock is done before a game in the lineup screen in exhibition and before you start your season in season based mode.
- Manager mode and sportscast manager modes are in the game as well.
- Manage mode in season based modes allows you to select pitch strategies for each at-bat: pitch around, pitch aggressive, low, high, inside, outside, high and in, high and away, low and in, low and away.
- Offensively you can have batters take the pitch, do a hit and run, sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit, and pinch hit.
- In Sportscast Manager, you can manage the game before jumping in later in the action. Quick counts and player lock are both available when jumping into a game.
- The new information bar at the bottom shows info from your franchise mode or real MLB games, depending on what mode you are in.