Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The folks at Sony have released a brand new video detailing the new features and enhancements in MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 4. Here are some highlights from the video:
  • Player lock is done before a game in the lineup screen in exhibition and before you start your season in season based mode.
  • Manager mode and sportscast manager modes are in the game as well.
  • Manage mode in season based modes allows you to select pitch strategies for each at-bat: pitch around, pitch aggressive, low, high, inside, outside, high and in, high and away, low and in, low and away.
  • Offensively you can have batters take the pitch, do a hit and run, sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit, and pinch hit.
  • In Sportscast Manager, you can manage the game before jumping in later in the action. Quick counts and player lock are both available when jumping into a game.
  • The new information bar at the bottom shows info from your franchise mode or real MLB games, depending on what mode you are in.
All in all the video didn't reveal much that was new, but offers plenty of glimpses at the gameplay coming our way in a week! What did you think of the video?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HustlinOwl @ 04/28/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I'm I understanding Russell correctly?

When playing exhibition games we will now be able to see the bottom score ticker showing real life MLB scores and news from around the league?

I always wanted to be able to do that so I hope it's true.
that has always been in the game I thought???

# 22 RyanLaFalce @ 04/28/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Maybe we shouldn't jump to any conclusions until we see the game next week.
Yea, people have to realize that these videos were probably recorded weeks, if not months, ago. A lot can change by then.

# 23 bcruise @ 04/28/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
I'm I understanding Russell correctly?

When playing exhibition games we will now be able to see the bottom score ticker showing real life MLB scores and news from around the league?

I always wanted to be able to do that so I hope it's true.
In the main menu. Not during the game, I don't believe.

# 24 eaw913 @ 04/28/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Maybe the standings are like that at Fenway for exhibition games, but update during the season modes.
This. Just wait 7 days and you can know for sure tnixen!

# 25 tnixen @ 04/28/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Maybe the standings are like that at Fenway for exhibition games, but update during the season modes.

Yes that could very well be the case

# 26 tnixen @ 04/28/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
that has always been in the game I thought???

No I am pretty sure I have never seen the score ticker in exhibition mode.

# 27 HustlinOwl @ 04/28/14 11:28 AM
Quote:
No I am pretty sure I have never seen the score ticker in exhibition mode.
must have it enabled as it is always on during online games, so doubt any different for exhibition

# 28 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/28/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Sounds like you're jumping to conclusions.
Jumping to conclusions....

# 29 Knight165 @ 04/28/14 11:49 AM
MARK THIS DAY ON THE CALENDAR OF HISTORY!!!

Manage only Mode got mentioned by a dev without user prompting!!!!!...and in a video blog no less!!!

:cheers4 44

M.K.
Knight165

# 30 eaw913 @ 04/28/14 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Sounds like you're jumping to conclusions.
Not really. There's a few shots of stadiums with no ball boy or bat boy. That definitely could mean older build. Likely it is just a combination of different ones. We won't know the true look of it until we play it. Which is in 7 days, thank god.

# 31 thaSLAB @ 04/28/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Not really. There's a few shots of stadiums with no ball boy or bat boy. That definitely could mean older build. Likely it is just a combination of different ones. We won't know the true look of it until we play it. Which is in 7 days, thank god.
Oh boy. I hope they didn't remove the bat/ball boys... oh well, maybe they'll make it in for 15.

Spoiler

# 32 Grub @ 04/28/14 12:24 PM
Busch Stadium stands and center field grass still lost in an abyss of darkness at night Come on, guys, please! Russell please say if the footage we've seen of Busch at night (IGN and this video) is from older builds and it's been fixed.

# 33 ty5oke @ 04/28/14 12:26 PM
Nothing too special in the video for me.

I am curious about the strategy menu shown at 0:31. Does that mean we can set up strategies for when we simulate?

# 34 bcruise @ 04/28/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Nothing too special in the video for me.

I am curious about the strategy menu shown at 0:31. Does that mean we can set up strategies for when we simulate?
That's the strategy guide. There's a boatload of info about how the game works in there.

Worth a read, even if you think you know everything about this game.

# 35 BSUFAN @ 04/28/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
Busch Stadium stands still lost in an abyss of darkness at night Come on, guys, please! Russell please say if the footage we've seen of Busch at night (IGN and this video) is from older builds and it's been fixed.

# 36 Grub @ 04/28/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
What conclusions am I jumping to?! Don't be mean. It's in the footage, for pete's sake. All I'm asking for is whether or not it's an older build, and if it's been fixed.

# 37 BSUFAN @ 04/28/14 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
What conclusions am I jumping to?! Don't be mean. It's in the footage, for pete's sake. All I'm asking for is whether or not it's an older build, and if it's been fixed.
Yes , a rinse and repeat of some older video clips seen before along with some different new ones.

# 38 Grub @ 04/28/14 12:37 PM
Ok thanks dude. I'm passionate about my stadiums

# 39 RyanLaFalce @ 04/28/14 12:40 PM
I had a good laugh about jumping to conclusions, but in reality, these videos were definitely made months ago.

# 40 BSUFAN @ 04/28/14 12:45 PM
Everytime we have a new video everyone freaks cause they don't see something there they thought should be there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.