Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new Madden NFL 15 trailer featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers. The trailer shows Kuechly being transformed into what appears to be a vastly improved player model over the models found in Madden NFL 25.

Here's the whole trailer's script:

Quote:
"I'm transforming, into something I never knew I could become.

If you don't know me by now, you will."

The trailer heavily hints at the prospect that Madden has been completely revamped, at least graphically -- but it hints at something even bigger.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 26th.

Guess we'll have to wait until June to find out what EA is up to with this year's game, any ideas from you guys?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Iceman87GT @ 04/29/14 04:23 PM
If this is an actual player model then holy crap this game is going to look amazing. Hell if this is a super touched clip this game will still look good.

That said it would not surprise me at all if this was a CGI animated clip as opposed to something created using in-game resources.

I like what I heard out of what to expect in terms of gameplay, but it wouldn't be the first time that they promised a revolutionizing of a certain aspect or aspects of the game and delivered only slight improvements (or in some cases lateral/negative changes).

Man I wish we were getting a next-gen NCAA (still might but it won't be any time soon).

# 102 Only1LT @ 04/29/14 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Because it's not true.

Every Madden game since Madden 06 was seen favorably on Metacritic, scoring at least 80 on that site. Only Madden 06 could reasonably be considered a critical flop, and even that was seen with mixed reviews (though you'll never hear me wax nostalgic about that iteration).

This probably is obvious but it bears repeating - the hypercriticism of Madden NFL that exists on this forum is not representative of how the video gaming community at-large sees the game.
I don't presume to speak for sports gamers en masse, but to me at least, that's unfortunate.

# 103 dghustla @ 04/29/14 05:09 PM
I assume many ppl feel like I do. I had my hopes sky high last year for Madden next gen. Those CGI trailers were amazing and the devs touted a completely new game. Then the MNF videos came out and I didn't want to believe that was actually the game that was releasing because it was the complete opposite of what we were being told Madden 25 would look and play like on Next Gen systems. I don't have a problem with EA marketing the hell out of their games, that is their job. I just want to know when did telling the truth about your product and trying to market a game become mutually exclusive?

The live team was very honest about the state of their product and I commend them for that. I know Madden is in a different position because they are the only NFL game on the market, but every year can't possibly be the most advanced Madden ever.

I am cautiously optimistic about this release. I'm sure that all the sizzle and buzz words will get me hyped but at the first glance of gameplay vid that depicts anything different from what is being said I will be exiting the hype train promptly.

# 104 allgames @ 04/29/14 10:00 PM
I can't believe how short people's memories are. EA Sports has never used an actual gameplay clip to tease madden! They always use "target" video to show "where they want to be" They did it with the Eagles/Giants they did it last year with RGIII! Don't be FOOLED AGAIN!

# 105 LastExit @ 04/29/14 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
I can't believe how short people's memories are. EA Sports has never used an actual gameplay clip to tease madden! They always use "target" video to show "where they want to be" They did it with the Eagles/Giants they did it last year with RGIII! Don't be FOOLED AGAIN!
I hear you, but I'm actually approaching this news with optimism. Granted, highly guarded optimism, but I do like the tease of the "transformation." Of course we could end up with a game that has been redone from the ground up but is bug-riddled but I'll take that over their staying the course.

It will be fun to see what is revealed at E3.

# 106 Trick13 @ 04/29/14 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Because it's not true.

Every Madden game since Madden 06 was seen favorably on Metacritic, scoring at least 80 on that site. Only Madden 06 could reasonably be considered a critical flop, and even that was seen with mixed reviews (though you'll never hear me wax nostalgic about that iteration).

This probably is obvious but it bears repeating - the hypercriticism of Madden NFL that exists on this forum is not representative of how the video gaming community at-large sees the game.

The fact that Metacritic gave any of those games a rating of 80 or higher should be proof positive to me that they are some of the reviews used for the "Metascore" were done by complete, well name calling solves nothing. But the fact remains that the validity of game magazine and site reviews is questionable, especially in the case of magazines because the vast majority of their advertisements are paid for by gaming companies.

So, while according to these "meta ratings" the game may not qualify as a flop - anyone who ever played M05 or M06 on PS2 for any length of time has to recognize the entire 360 era for Madden as a gigantic flop.

M12, M13, M25 were all decent games - but there are still things that baffle the mind. From draft class issues (huge numbers of 80 + spd DTs) to menu gosh awfulness, to game play issues we have had for the entirety of 360's run. There is the OL/DL issues, WR/DB issues - the terrible and convoluted "precision modifier", huge holes in CFM like no UDRFA period, no ability to see a roster list of FAs, we still can only trade 3 for 3, despite NFL trades that have recently included as many as 5 "items" on either side, and historical trades that have included even higher numbers.
CPU teams still draft QBs in the first RD 3 years in a row, the wind direction arrow is backwards, the CPU is allotted 0 XP for practice, and on and on and on and on...

The entire 360 era of Madden is a giant flop - the fact that an NBA game is even remotely on par in sales is a disgrace. Madden, if it was handled properly should be doubling NBA2K's sales, period.

And for the record M25, which is the least horrible of 360 era Maddens - only has a 76 on Metacritic;
http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews

# 107 roadman @ 04/29/14 11:10 PM
Well, I know that I've been disappointed by the last few(Madden 10 was my favorite) years of Madden, (by several of the things Trick mentioned not including penalties working properly over the last decade or more) but are the sales numbers broken down by different countries? ie England, Turkey, etc.....

# 108 N51_rob @ 04/29/14 11:38 PM
That is a nice shot of one player not moving. How will it look with 22 all moving? I literally have no expectations for Madden. The bar in terms of gameplay that resembles football is non-existent. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm not getting the game unless ______ because its not true. I have skipped one Madden title since they got the exclusive deal, Madden 11. The only reason I still play the game is because I enjoy competing with similar minded people so I play in Online CFMs. So even if this game is a complete disaster as long as I can find 31 people who want to play in a CFM I will probably buy the game. Its a sad state of customer expectations, but at this point with this game it is what it is.

# 109 Only1LT @ 04/30/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
They have no choice but to get better. No choice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Exactly what set of circumstances or information do you have that would embolden you to make such a statement as this? I'm not being snarky, at least not completely, I'd really like to know.

# 110 NicVirtue @ 04/30/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
They have no choice but to get better. No choice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I would say the opposite. They have no reason to get better, because people will buy it anyway.

# 111 N51_rob @ 04/30/14 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Wow.

You realize YOURE the problem, right?

Not just you...but everyone who just blindly buys the game even though they clearly dont like it?

Even if the game is a disaster, youll buy it?

Not sure whats worse...that youre willing to waste money on a game you dont like, or supporting a products mediocrity?

You and everyone who thinks this way is just as responsible as EA for the state of Madden.
Yes, I am the problem. Because the year I didn't purchase the game there were wholesale improvements. Madden is entertainment not football. I find enjoyment out of playing in an online CFM.

No if the game is a disaster I won't buy it, but tell me when was the last time madden was a "disaster"? Its not a perfect game, and I am on here and other places voicing my displeasure with parts of the gmae I don't enjoy.

But I'm past the point of being naive enough to think that skipping the game will do any good. If every member of OS were to skip out on Madden 15, if the game got a 87 on Metacritic EA would be ecstatic even if they sold 10,000 less units, because at the end of the day, they are gonna get their money and they are the only NFL game intown. IF there were another game that was more of a simulation I would spend my money on that.

No my friend I am not the problem, the problem is years and years of the game being all about the WOW and never about the Xs and Os.

# 112 Stroehms @ 04/30/14 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yes, I am the problem. Because the year I didn't purchase the game there were wholesale improvements. Madden is entertainment not football. I find enjoyment out of playing in an online CFM.

No if the game is a disaster I won't buy it, but tell me when was the last time madden was a "disaster"? Its not a perfect game, and I am on here and other places voicing my displeasure with parts of the gmae I don't enjoy.

But I'm past the point of being naive enough to think that skipping the game will do any good. If every member of OS were to skip out on Madden 15, if the game got a 87 on Metacritic EA would be ecstatic even if they sold 10,000 less units, because at the end of the day, they are gonna get their money and they are the only NFL game intown. IF there were another game that was more of a simulation I would spend my money on that.

No my friend I am not the problem, the problem is years and years of the game being all about the WOW and never about the Xs and Os.

I'm right there with you, man.

I buy the game every year. I play it for a few months, I have my fun but eventually the Wow factor wears off and I realize that I'm not playing a simulation football game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 113 tnixen @ 05/01/14 10:59 AM
Guys is there any chance at all that Madden 25 was just a port of the PS3 version and EA has been secretly working on a true "NEXT GEN" version of Madden for the last few years and it's finally ready to see the light of day in "Madden 15"? By "true next gen" I mean a whole new look for madden. Like completely new player models,Animations, Gameplay, Presentation EVERYTHING!

This could also be why EA decided to call the last game "Madden 25" because starting with 15 it will be a whole new experience.

# 114 SageInfinite @ 05/01/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Guys is there any chance at all that Madden 25 was just a port of the PS3 version and EA has been secretly working on a true "NEXT GEN" version of Madden for the last few years and it's finally ready to see the light of day in "Madden 15"? By "true next gen" I mean a whole new look for madden. Like completely new players models, presentation EVERYTHING!

This could also be why EA decided to call the last game "Madden 25" because starting with 15 it will be a whole new experience.
Anything is possible, but knowing EA/Tiburon, it's not likely, lol. I'd not only have to see it to believe it, I'd have to play it. Can't even trust what you see when it comes to EA/Tiburon. I am interested in seeing what this "transformation" talk is though.

# 115 moylan1234 @ 05/01/14 11:33 AM
I need to see what they're doing with draft classes before I can even think about a purchase. Even if the gameplay, graphics, presentation is significantly improved I don't see myself being immersed by fake players that I can't edit.

Also, Transformation clearly just trying to attach themselves to Age of Extinction...sad

# 116 tha_show256 @ 05/01/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
I'm right there with you, man.

I buy the game every year. I play it for a few months, I have my fun but eventually the Wow factor wears off and I realize that I'm not playing a simulation football game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow St Louisan here, and I totally agree with you.

# 117 Only1LT @ 05/01/14 12:17 PM
Quote:
Guys is there any chance at all that Madden 25 was just a port of the PS3 version and EA has been secretly working on a true "NEXT GEN" version of Madden for the last few years and it's finally ready to see the light of day in "Madden 15"? By "true next gen" I mean a whole new look for madden. Like completely new players models,Animations, Gameplay, Presentation EVERYTHING!

Sounds great, but no, there is absolutely no chance.

# 118 Cowboy008 @ 05/01/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Guys is there any chance at all that Madden 25 was just a port of the PS3 version and EA has been secretly working on a true "NEXT GEN" version of Madden for the last few years and it's finally ready to see the light of day in "Madden 15"? By "true next gen" I mean a whole new look for madden. Like completely new players models,Animations, Gameplay, Presentation EVERYTHING!

I wouldn't count on it.

# 119 CM Hooe @ 05/01/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
The fact that Metacritic gave any of those games a rating of 80 or higher should be proof positive to me that they are some of the reviews used for the "Metascore" were done by complete, well name calling solves nothing. But the fact remains that the validity of game magazine and site reviews is questionable, especially in the case of magazines because the vast majority of their advertisements are paid for by gaming companies.
That a reviewer gives the game good marks in contrast to your opinion doesn't invalidate his opinion.

More specifically, most reviewers are reviewing Madden holistically as a video game. Not as a football video game or even sports video game, but merely a video game. The average reviewer is asking himself "how enjoyable and technically sound is this game compared to any other video game on the market?". The average reviewer is NOT asking himself questions about the level of detail in the simulation, because the average person doesn't understand football to the extent that (conservative estimate) 90% of the traffic in this forum does. To the average reviewer, all Madden has to do to be a football simulation is have eleven players on each side of the ball, have run plays and pass plays, and not have over-the-top ridiculousness like what might exist NFL Blitz (e.g. flame trails on passes, Tombstone piledrivers as tackles, obvious in-game power-ups or special powers such as "fire" or "unleash")

All that said, I think that reviewers ought to take more care to note minor technical problems and glitches in the game in their reviews. We do see reviewers increasingly more hold reviews in the face of always-online games with poor server stability and/or connectivity (SimCity, Battlefield 4, and Diablo 3 being the notable examples, and I think MLB The Show should have faced the same scrutiny based on reports I have read). I'd like to see more of that scrutiny for things beyond functionality of the online feature set, however. For example, it'd have been nice if the accelerated clock bug in Madden 25's online Connected Franchise mode was flagged... well, anywhere at all.

# 120 Trick13 @ 05/01/14 04:18 PM
The contrast to my opinion is not the point I was trying to make - actually you have me a bit confused at this point.

You start out with their opinion differs from mine and that doesn't make it invalid, but then you take a shot (intentionally or not) at Madden reviewers who evaluate the game in "general video game" terms.

In either case, the big time gaming sites/magazines (where the money does in fact stream from the very companies whose games are being reviewed) or independent sites that have some average gamer Joe or Jill do the Madden review further casts reasonable questions on the "viability" of Metacritic ratings. Because those high reviews that are half-A$$ed and fail to point out or "flag" certain issues are dragging the over all Metascore higher than the product has any business being rated.

A review of Madden 25 that fails to admonish the flagrant stupidity of the draft classes, or misses the backwards wind arrow for 5 years running, or the accelerated clock not working for HUM vs HUM games within online CFMs again, or the clunky convoluted menu navigation, or the fact that you can't view FAs separately in the roster screens again - is a general video game review and has no meaningful bearing on if the game was a flop.

More relevant is the absolute dominance of the NFL's popularity and yet a basketball game is right there in sales numbers. Had EA not absolutely dropped the proverbial ball for the entire 360 era the Madden sales numbers would be far and away better than any basketball game, period.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.