Home
News Post

If you are a PlayStation 4, PS Vita, or Playstation 3 owner, you will be getting an extensive update to your systems today with some new features and enhancements.

On the Playstation 4:
  • New ShareFactory App which will allow you to create better gameplay videos completely on the PS4. Picture in picture and commentaries are possible within the app.
  • Automatic Pre-Downloads of all pre-ordered games from the PlayStation Store.
  • Option to Disable HDCP for Games.
  • USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay.
  • Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support.
  • New Sharing options to allow for changing the recording time, only the video clips you want and more.
  • You can now change your DualShock 4 options to bright, medium or dim in the settings. The touchpad will now allow you to navigate an on-screen keyboard as well.
  • New Friend Searching options.
  • New Trophies Sort Option.
  • New PlayStation Store Payment Support, starting with Paypal.
  • More PS Camera Commands.
  • New PS+ Icon on your Login Screen and Home Screen, just in case you didn't know if you were a PS+ memeber or not.
  • Music Unlimited Share options.
The Vita update promises new PS4 link support with automatic pairing between your vita and PS4.

What do you think of the new features? Are you excited to give them a try?

Member Comments
# 1 noshun @ 04/30/14 11:29 AM
very nice indeed

# 2 ps3veron @ 04/30/14 11:33 AM
Awesome update and main reason I was waiting for this was to Pre-Download The Show. Nothing there yet

# 3 jmaj315 @ 04/30/14 12:08 PM
^ lol give it a day or so. Id be surprised if it wasnt up by friday.

# 4 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 04/30/14 12:14 PM
Love the update, now I hope in the next update they add suspend mode so I can return to the show right where I left off every time I turn my ps4 on.

# 5 drewst18 @ 04/30/14 12:38 PM
I am a bit disappointed in lack of DLNA support. I understand the reason for not having it but it is frustrating nonetheless. It would be like iPhone saying the only music you can play is stuff bought from Apple Store.

I am going to continue give them benefit of a doubt and assume theyre still working on it. The camera has been a huge waste of money thus far, hopefully they add some more functionality to it, although fun to use with stream.

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 04/30/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I am a bit disappointed in lack of DLNA support. I understand the reason for not having it but it is frustrating nonetheless. It would be like iPhone saying the only music you can play is stuff bought from Apple Store.

I am going to continue give them benefit of a doubt and assume theyre still working on it. The camera has been a huge waste of money thus far, hopefully they add some more functionality to it, although fun to use with stream.
waste of money, but cant find them anywhere in stock

# 7 denniscvd @ 04/30/14 01:41 PM
Still disappointed that we can upload custom music or at least use the music of Music Unlimited to put in game for the likes of NHL, MLB, FIFA or even NBA. I'm really going to miss that option and it will take away some of the experience. I would say I enjoy playing those first 3 games a lot more with custom goal hors, chants, walk up songs, entrance music etc in it.

# 8 sactown_13 @ 04/30/14 01:53 PM
Anyone try to pre-download a game yet? Mine still says to come back at 12:01 day of release. I dont want to get it if I cant pre-download

# 9 JBate24 @ 04/30/14 02:13 PM
I was wondering the same as above, if I can pre-download The Show, I'd like to do that, if not, I won't be playing The Show until Wednesday because the download will go slow I'm sure, so I may as well get the physical copy then.

# 10 chi_hawks @ 04/30/14 05:23 PM
meh - a backwards compatibility update is in order.

# 11 cubby blue @ 04/30/14 07:00 PM
I like what they did with being able to adjust the dual shock brightness. I will definitely have on dim. Maybe the battery will last a little longer. The ps3 battery life is a lot better. I don't know about the navigation on the touchpad. I'll have to try it out I guess.

# 12 thescoop @ 04/30/14 07:33 PM
Nothing I'm looking for. I want basic stuff the PS3 already does and it inexcusable my new system won't.
3D Playback
MP3 Playback

Are those things that is too much to ask? Should really have been done by now. Very frustrating.

# 13 sactown_13 @ 05/01/14 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBate24
I was wondering the same as above, if I can pre-download The Show, I'd like to do that, if not, I won't be playing The Show until Wednesday because the download will go slow I'm sure, so I may as well get the physical copy then.
Saw a video on ign and he said downloads should be ready a few days or so before game drops. Now whether this applys to MLB I dont know. The release date for mlb and this software update are close, hope this doesnt pose a problem.

# 14 Equinox831 @ 05/01/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
meh - a backwards compatibility update is in order.
Man that's been argued since 2006. That's not a software issue, it's a hardware issue. You can't just update a system to backwards compatibility. This is a great update, be happy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.