Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has just sent us the official EA Sports UFC fact sheet. For more news, screenshots, videos and details, visit our EA Sports UFC page.

Product Description
With its first new major sports league partnership in over a decade, EA SPORTS presents EA SPORTS™ UFC. The next-generation of fighting has been built exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and XBOX ONE by the team behind the critically-acclaimed Fight Night franchise.

Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE™ technology, EA SPORTS UFC brings the action, emotion and intensity inside the Octagon™ to life in ways that were never before possible. The next-generation of True Player Motion not only showcases the diverse, powerful and fluid of attacks of elite mixed martial artists through Precision Movement, Dynamic Striking and Strategic Submission Battles, but also brings the combatants to life with Full Body Deformation and Real-Time Exertion. The simulation of Human Intelligence takes leaps forward with the strategic and adaptive MMAi system and is expressed through the most realistic characters ever created in a sports game.

Step into the Octagon™ with the most realistic take on fighting ever achieved. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, every fighter, strike, takedown and submission will make you feel the fight.

MMAi – A mixed martial artist’s mind is as important as his heart. Every licensed fighter in the game will have changing goals and fight plans, based on their real-life tendencies and each fight situation. Stop their Plan A, and they will adapt to Plan B or C. Down on the scorecards, look for the AI to end the fight with a knockout or a submission. A smarter opponent equals a more challenging and unpredictable fight.

Full Body Deformation – Until now, simulation of physical contact between fighters was limited to bodies that barely made contact with each other; as a result, they looked and behaved like action figures made of plastic rather than elite athletes. The team that revolutionized sports by bringing authentic physics to the Fight Night franchise changes the game again with an all-new, full-body deformation system that moves and displaces the fighter’s flesh in real time. For the first time, the strength of every submission and power of every strike will truly make an impression.

Real-Time Exertion – A UFC bout is one of the most physically demanding sports on the planet requiring mixed martial artists to give it their all with every movement. Real-Time Exertion brings each moment of that action to life in your gameplay experience. Through real-time vein popping, skin discoloration, muscle flex, as well as signs of fatigue setting in through the course of each round, you will witness the effort it takes to be one of the best fighters in the world.

Fighter Likeness and Facial Animations – EA SPORTS UFC will set a new bar for character likeness and emotion in gaming. For the first time in an EA SPORTS game, every single licensed athlete in the game has been created from high resolution 3D head and body scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity. New facial animation technology delivers more expression, emotion and will communicate greater sense of awareness and intelligence in the Octagon.

Precision Movement – MMA is a sport of inches, where every step counts and every movement matters. The Precision Movement locomotion system grounds the fighters, eliminating unrealistic slipping and sliding across the canvas. More realistic physics-driven movement delivers more realistic action as the overall transfer of energy from the ground up delivers more impactful and believable strikes and takedowns.

Dynamic Striking – A mixed martial artist uses the environment to his advantage and for the first time in a UFC game, you can too. A dynamic environment allows you to pull off jaw-dropping moves using the Octagon, including roundhouse kicks, superman punches and much more. Combine those abilities with the best striking technology in the industry and that one perfect strike could change the fight.

Strategic Submission Battles – To own the belt, you have to be dominant on your feet and on the mat. EA SPORTS UFC re-invents the ground game to create a battle for position and control that captures the strategy of a submission battle. Like the real sport, in EA SPORTS UFC fighters will work through multiple stages as they work to advance or escape from a fight-ending submission.

Real Damage – Every fighter knows that one good shot can ruin your day. EA SPORTS UFC introduces a non-linear damage system which can result in big damage coming from a single strike. The system produces a greater variety of cuts and contusions that is true-to-life and has never been possible in a simulation fighting game.

Ultimate Fighter Career Mode – Do you have what it takes to be The Ultimate Fighter? Some of the brightest stars in the UFC proved their worth on the TUF canvas and, for the first time ever in a UFC video game, you too can earn your contract in that famous gym. UFC contenders, champions and personalities will then show you the road to greatness, but it’s up to you to hone your skills and adapt your strategies to be able to stand toe-to-toe against the UFC’s best. Fight your way to the title and never let it go.

Online Championships – How good are you really? It’s time to prove it. Following the format of the fan-favorite EA SPORTS Seasons game mode, Online Championship will let you prove where you stand against the rest of the world. Win enough to climb the ranks of the best players and fight for the belts in the highest divisions.

Online Rivalries – Create a 1-on-1 online rivalry with a friend and answer the question, who is really number one? Each rivalry tracks head-to-head stats for in depth analysis and multiple rivalries are supported simultaneously.

FighterNet – Your HUB to track all of your online competition. Track and compare your stats against friends and rivals, share fight highlights, and maybe even have your highlight featured in the Highlights of the Night. Plus, get access to some of the latest UFC content as and when available with the UFC Spotlight feature.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DaveDQ @ 05/12/14 08:32 AM
I am looking forward to what will be in the game and having fun with it. I am hard on B. Hayes, especially with Fight Night, but I still played that for 3 years. He and his crew do a good job of making it fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 aholbert32 @ 05/12/14 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
It is good for me, looks like they focused on the important modes of the game.
Good for you.

# 23 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/12/14 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I am looking forward to what will be in the game and having fun with it. I am hard on B. Hayes, especially with Fight Night, but I still played that for 3 years. He and his crew do a good job of making it fun.

Fight Night Champion gets a lot of criticism, but I still fired up my 360 and played it a bit last week. I'm hoping this game has that kind of longevity where I want to keep playing until the next one.

# 24 redsrule @ 05/12/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
It is good for me, looks like they focused on the important modes of the game.
They didn't add an event mode/online fight card where people can watch you play like in EA MMA so no they didn't...

# 25 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/13/14 01:48 AM
Lack of fight cards is a bummer. The best part about EA MMA was that lobby. Even with randoms it was fun, and even better with a group of friends who would all comment on the fights happening while waiting for theirs. You really can't do that with twitch.

# 26 DaveDQ @ 05/13/14 10:38 AM
Twitch has a bit of a delay too, so it leaves some to be desired. For me, no online fight cards is so far my biggest let down. The team knew it was desired because they claimed to have flirted with a similar idea with FNC.

The addition of that mode would really give that game a boost, but it is obvious that their philosophy, for this go around, is to focus on platforming the game by releasing fighter likeness images and then of course using the UFC brand.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

# 27 woody2goody @ 05/13/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Lack of fight cards is a bummer. The best part about EA MMA was that lobby. Even with randoms it was fun, and even better with a group of friends who would all comment on the fights happening while waiting for theirs. You really can't do that with twitch.
As long as there's an offline event mode i'll be happy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 28 aholbert32 @ 05/13/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
As long as there's an offline event mode i'll be happy

I dont think you will be happy.

# 29 jeremym480 @ 05/13/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You won't I dont think you will be happy.

Fixed.

# 30 woody2goody @ 05/15/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think you will be happy.
Bloody hell.

# 31 MachoMyers @ 05/26/14 02:48 PM
Will title holders change during exhibition at least? I guess I could go old school and make my events on pad and paper. Would be nice for the game to recognize your champions though.

# 32 aholbert32 @ 05/26/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoMyers
Will title holders change during exhibition at least? I guess I could go old school and make my events on pad and paper. Would be nice for the game to recognize your champions though.
Not confirmed but I doubt it looking at the options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 33 bigeastbumrush @ 05/26/14 03:57 PM
Can't adjust Speed.

# 34 aholbert32 @ 05/26/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Can't adjust Speed.

Yep but I'm happy that most of the reports about the game say it isn't as fast as the video. Biggest thing in disappointed about now is the fact u can't catch kicks.

# 35 bigeastbumrush @ 05/26/14 09:16 PM
Huge breakdown of CAPs and their abilities.

Ground
Chess Master
--Your advancement prompts appear quicker during submissions
Infinite Core
--No stamina drain from posturing on the ground
Phenomenal
--Increase the speed of your ground transitions
Sinister Gates
--Increase the speed of defensive gates and decreases the time between when advancement prompts appear for both players
Force of Nature
--Briefly reduce your opponent’s stamina recovery after a successful takedown
Crushing Presence
--While in a dominant ground position, slow your opponent’s ability to regenerate stamina
Fight Dirty
--Increase the damage of your strikes in the clinch and on the ground
Work Horse
--Stamina costs for transitions, denials, and submissions are halved on the ground

Stand up
Attack the Base
--Increased chance your leg kicks will cause your opponent to limp
Heavy Handed
--Increased damage from fists and elbows
Answering
--Deal increased damage from parry counters; Take increased damage from unsuccessful parries
Fluidity
--Decreased stamina drain of performing consecutive strikes
Caged Highlights
--Cage strikes deal increased damage
Targeted Cruelty
--Successive strikes that target the same part of your opponent’s body deal increased damage
Stop Hitter
--Increased chance to wobble or cause liver shot after parry counter
Swing for the Fence
--Increase the chances of inflicting and sustaining health events from s trikes
Relentless Assault
--Recover a small amount of stamina for hitting your opponent with strikes
Iron Clinch
--Successive strikes that land in the clinch deal increased damage
Opportunist
--No stamina loss from performing strikes while your opponent is affected by a health event
Vicious Kicks
--Increased damage from kicks and knees
Untouchable
--Gain stamina for every strike you successfully slip
Bobble Head
--Increased chance to wobble or cause liver shot after slip counter
Crushing Blows
--Increased chance to wobble or cause liver shot after lunge counter

Physical
Carved of wood
--Improve recovery time from health events
Weathering Storms
--During health events, take no damage when performing regular blocks
Just a Minute
--Increased stamina drain for all actions but recover maximum stamina between every round
Higher Altitude
--When not performing any actions, benefit from increased stamina recovery
Negative Reinforcement
--Successfully sprawling briefly reduces your opponent’s stamina recovery
Desperate Measures
--Actions you perform while in a health even cost no stamina
Marathoner
--Recover stamina faster while moving
Pushing the Pace
--While in the clinch, slow your opponent’s ability to regenerate stamina
Warrior of Attrition
--Reduce stamina cost of all moves at the cost of dealing reduced damage
Wakeup Call
--During health events, gain increased stamina recovery
Vengeful
--During health events your strikes deal increased damage
Razor Wired
--Knees and elbows deal increased damage
Unstoppable force
--Recover very quickly from the first health event sustained in a fight

http://www.undisputedonline.net/foru...83&postcount=1

# 36 jerk @ 05/26/14 09:24 PM
I couldn't be more excited. C'mon June 17!

# 37 MachoMyers @ 05/27/14 02:06 AM
Disappointed about a lack of single player modes. I remember how much effort I put into the Fire Pro series to come up with cards and and creative matches. Obviously MMA is a bit different but without any Event Mode/GM/Universe it just seems more geared to online fights which has never really been my thing. Not sure how much longevity it will sustain for me as I'm not all that interested in career mode.

# 38 woody2goody @ 05/27/14 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoMyers
Disappointed about a lack of single player modes. I remember how much effort I put into the Fire Pro series to come up with cards and and creative matches. Obviously MMA is a bit different but without any Event Mode/GM/Universe it just seems more geared to online fights which has never really been my thing. Not sure how much longevity it will sustain for me as I'm not all that interested in career mode.
I'm not 'one of those people' who thinks game development is easy, but surely an event mode should have been in.

I know you can do your own cards through exhibition but it's great to set up 7 or 8 fights for a card and just play through them.

Is there an offline tournament mode like in UFC3?

# 39 Blasian @ 05/28/14 08:40 AM
cpu vs cpu???

# 40 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/30/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I'm not 'one of those people' who thinks game development is easy, but surely an event mode should have been in.

I know you can do your own cards through exhibition but it's great to set up 7 or 8 fights for a card and just play through them.

Is there an offline tournament mode like in UFC3?

I can give them a slight pass, because unlike the BS that 2k tries to spew with 2k14, this game kinda was built from the ground up. They had to completely rework character movement, striking, takedowns, control scheme, Nothing was really copied from EA MMA or Fight Night, Or UFC Undiputed. I look at 2k14, I see some more polished animations, but the same core game that is on last gen. there really was no reason for the modes that were taken out of last gen 2k14, because the game is a glorified port. I can't say the same about UFC from what we have seen. Mostly everything is new. That stuff has to be added for UFC 2 though. No pass now that the core gameplay is established. They need to refine the gameplay, fix flaws and exploits that are found, and add in the modes that we want, like an event mode.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.