Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports revealed a teaser trailer and features list for NHL 15 earlier this morning.

GameInformer has just posted more NHL 15 details containing improvements to gameplay, player modeling, arenas, presentation and more. Below are just some of the details, click here to read the entire article.
  • 35,000 lines of commentary from Mike Emrick, Eddie Olcyzk and Ray Ferraro
  • 9,000 unique crowd models
  • Every arena features different geometry, tunnels, and lighting
  • A new camera angle is in the works, which is a little lower to the action, to show off crowds
  • Roughly 250 to 300 players have their faces scanned with plans for more
  • Puck physics have been rebuilt from the ground up
  • More fidelity to the skill stick
  • One touch dekes return, new toe drags are in

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LuGer33 @ 05/05/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
The devs are also overhauling the puck physics from the ground up. To help, they hired a former scientist who worked on the Hadron Collider in Geneva, where they fire particles together at mach speed and create black holes. "He came over and joined us about 10 months ago and he's working on our puck physics, rebuilding it from the ground up," Ramjagsingh says.

# 2 tnixen @ 05/05/14 11:58 AM
WoW I am not really an NHL fan but some of the things they are doing for the next gen version sounds fantastic! I love playing all sports video games so I may have to get this when it's released

Over 9,000 crowd models and I thought the 1,000 Sony is throwing around for MLB 14 The Show was impressive. lol

I hope Madden 15 has similar features and improvements as well.

No doubt the future is very bright for sports video games!

# 3 half-fast @ 05/05/14 12:12 PM
Let me just say, I've been fooled before. In fact, I've been fooled for quite some time now, every year is new hitting, new puck physics new everything. Being the first game of the next gen, I'm willing to believe quite a bit of it. I don't recall reading anything about the goalies, which would still make this game a disaster if theyre not fixed,

# 4 Semipro91 @ 05/05/14 12:25 PM
If I can destroy a goalie blocker side over and over again in NHL15 I am going to be upset.

# 5 ps3veron @ 05/05/14 12:37 PM
Honestly can't wait for this. After The Show this is probably my most anticipated title this year.

# 6 Stormyhog @ 05/05/14 12:40 PM
I am loving what I am hearing and really glad their is a new commentary team as it had really become stale. Also glad the presentation is getting overhauled as well, can't wait to see actual gameplay.

# 7 Arrowhead21 @ 05/05/14 12:43 PM
Thank goodness for this. We needed a new commentary team badly. One that actually calls hockey. Presentation improvements sound delicious. MLB 14 and NHL 15 are gonna be the only games I play, ever.

# 8 habslover10_GoYanks @ 05/05/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
So Doc but no Mc Guire? I can deal with Edzo I think. Again though it depends on how lines are recorded. I'm not holding my breath here it's going to be any different than Thorne and Clement reading the same tired script they've used for a decade.

Its great to hear about presentation, arenas, and crowds being a focus though.
The commentary isn't scripted, I believe they gave them a scenario to call and called it like they would in real life.

# 9 spidertour02 @ 05/05/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
NHL 15 introduces something never seen before in a sports game - live video of commentators before each game. To avoid the unpleasantness that virtual avatars commentators create in terms of lip synching, EA decided to record Doc and Eddie on a green screen, then place them in the broadcast booths of the arenas.

Bang.
Technically, this is untrue. One of the early 3D Maddens ('97?) had season intros from James Brown at a desk and Madden/Summerrall at a stadium.

# 10 Blzer @ 05/05/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
  • 9,000 unique crowd models
So wait... is it 9,000 or 100 this year and capable of being up to 9,000?

Spoiler

# 11 Ghoste @ 05/05/14 02:32 PM
This sounds really promising! Please deliver.

-ghoste

# 12 Pezell04x @ 05/05/14 03:20 PM
I hope the drag across the screen and shoot high opposite goal is gone.

# 13 2kguy @ 05/05/14 03:29 PM
First let me say I am excited to hear news and confirmation that NHL 15 is coming to next gen consoles this year. I had assumed so, but the silence had been starting to concern me.

I'm really excited that Emrick and team is now doing the announcing. I've been listening to him in the playoffs and IMO there's no one better. I kept thinking it would sure be great if he was in NHL 15 and not expecting that to happen - so that is a great surprise!

I'm very underwhelmed and disappointed with the screenshots and video they released today. I would have thought they'd have much more to show off at this point given that the game should be out in about 6 months.

# 14 Semipro91 @ 05/05/14 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
First let me say I am excited to hear news and confirmation that NHL 15 is coming to next gen consoles this year. I had assumed so, but the silence had been starting to concern me.

I'm really excited that Emrick and team is now doing the announcing. I've been listening to him in the playoffs and IMO there's no one better. I kept thinking it would sure be great if he was in NHL 15 and not expecting that to happen - so that is a great surprise!

I'm very underwhelmed and disappointed with the screenshots and video they released today. I would have thought they'd have much more to show off at this point given that the game should be out in about 6 months.
They never show stuff this early. Wait until June.

# 15 Arrowhead21 @ 05/05/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
F
I'm really excited that Emrick and team is now doing the announcing. I've been listening to him in the playoffs and IMO there's no one better.
he's excellent, but I prefer Bob Cole personally. I doubt his genius would translate in a video game, however.

# 16 yanek27 @ 05/05/14 05:15 PM
Quote:
NHL 15 introduces something never seen before in a sports game - live video of commentators before each game. To avoid the unpleasantness that virtual avatars commentators create in terms of lip synching, EA decided to record Doc and Eddie on a green screen, then place them in the broadcast booths of the arenas.

Bang.
And then a month before the game comes out they will scrap the idea completely like the show did with fly in intros

# 17 canucksss @ 05/05/14 05:22 PM
I've been fooled by Ramj and his cohorts many times...though I want these claims to be true and be put in the actual game....PROVE IT EA or else these info's are just garbage.

# 18 13whitebread @ 05/05/14 05:40 PM
New commentary is something I have been waiting awhile for personally. Happy to see what I am seeing so far

# 19 Fiddy @ 05/05/14 06:27 PM
i cant wait to hear Edzo call the game from the booth in which he is coaching behind the bench as well.

only EA LOL..

get new commentary and "could" be dated before it even hits shelves. LOL

# 20 TDKing @ 05/05/14 06:36 PM
Quote:

Bang.
Didn't they have something like this before I think it was with Davidson long ago?? Hmmm... not sure

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.