Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports revealed a teaser trailer and features list for NHL 15 earlier this morning.

GameInformer has just posted more NHL 15 details containing improvements to gameplay, player modeling, arenas, presentation and more. Below are just some of the details, click here to read the entire article.
  • 35,000 lines of commentary from Mike Emrick, Eddie Olcyzk and Ray Ferraro
  • 9,000 unique crowd models
  • Every arena features different geometry, tunnels, and lighting
  • A new camera angle is in the works, which is a little lower to the action, to show off crowds
  • Roughly 250 to 300 players have their faces scanned with plans for more
  • Puck physics have been rebuilt from the ground up
  • More fidelity to the skill stick
  • One touch dekes return, new toe drags are in

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Arrowhead21 @ 05/05/14 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
His senility already translated itself into NHL2k6 and 2k7, that was enough of Bob Cole in video game form for me.
Never played those games; had no idea he was featured lol

# 22 clarkerots @ 05/09/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
So Doc but no Mc Guire? I can deal with Edzo I think.

THANK GOD there's no McGuire!!! As it is with Emmerick I'm not looking forward to hearing about how great the Devils are, or how Sidney Crosby is the best player in the game, even when I'm NOT playing the Devils OR the Penguins.

# 23 dlxsf18 @ 05/09/14 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
And then a month before the game comes out they will scrap the idea completely like the show did with fly in intros
What's cool is that NHL 15 will have arena exteriors.

# 24 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/09/14 08:48 PM
Gameplay >>>> commentary.

IMO the commentary is a long way down the list of concerns.

The players and teams have to distinguish themselves.

# 25 jwilphl @ 05/12/14 08:47 PM
I really like what I'm hearing so far. Having played hardly any new NHL since '12, IMHO, the game has really failed to develop itself. Even going from '09 to '12, they still felt so much the same.

Now we all know teasers never look like the final product, so I'm hesitant to believe much there. New commentary is good, but I'd still prefer two separate teams of commentators. Understanding the teams have fairly limited development time, this is something that can be added in over time. My other concerns center around core gameplay and the game modes themselves. Since the last time I played Be A GM Mode, it needed a lot of work. Has it been addressed at all, or was this sacrificed so they could get a good-looking crowd?

Authentic arenas: all I can say is, it's about time. I'll be on the lookout for, "Welcome to Comcast Country."
Puck physics: this has been touted for something like three years in a row now. Mix it up a bit? Actually get them to work?

These things do sound more positive to me as compared to what I've been hearing out of the next Madden. I'll feel better about getting behind this when they give us substance over the superficial.

# 26 Grand-Al @ 05/13/14 05:22 AM
i really hope they would work on a BOXSCORE Exporter after the games you played offline and online.

# 27 japsubie @ 05/13/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Technically, this is untrue. One of the early 3D Maddens ('97?) had season intros from James Brown at a desk and Madden/Summerrall at a stadium.
as did nhl 97 with john davidson

# 28 japsubie @ 05/13/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Didn't they have something like this before I think it was with Davidson long ago?? Hmmm... not sure
yup nhl 97

# 29 18 eighty 5 @ 05/26/14 12:42 AM
Was reading through the OS teaser trailer article and the bit I will be curious to discover is authentic arena elements including lighting. It is obvious when I watch games on NHL Center Ice that two things stand out that create difference in the arenas on ice and that is lighting and the positioning of the cameras. Games look different in different buildings not just because the arenas are different but also because of the camera position and lighting.

Really hope we finally get some strong visual differentiation on the ice other than just team logos and names. It would be cool if arena lighting was customisable like they have made camera angles customisable.

Since most of the time we are looking at the ice lighting will be key in creating differentiation plus real arena rink specifics.

# 30 Kolbe31 @ 05/27/14 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
Was reading through the OS teaser trailer article and the bit I will be curious to discover is authentic arena elements including lighting. It is obvious when I watch games on NHL Center Ice that two things stand out that create difference in the arenas on ice and that is lighting and the positioning of the cameras. Games look different in different buildings not just because the arenas are different but also because of the camera position and lighting.

Really hope we finally get some strong visual differentiation on the ice other than just team logos and names. It would be cool if arena lighting was customisable like they have made camera angles customisable.

Since most of the time we are looking at the ice lighting will be key in creating differentiation plus real arena rink specifics.
There was an article somewhere (I believe with Rammer) that mentioned lighting would be a big part of the authentic arena experience. Not verbatim, but something along the lines of "darker arenas will have darker lighting".

# 31 drog1602 @ 06/02/14 10:43 AM
Way too much time spent on the crowds. More emphasis needs to be placed on the on ice product. I would sooner see a dead crowd and 9,000 new skater models. It would be nice to play EASHL without the AI teammates all looking the same.

I laughed when they said they have between 250 - 300 players faces in the game. Each team has 23 players x 30 teams = 690 players. So we still only have about half of the players in the game. A total joke. But hey, at least the crowds will look good.

# 32 Crosby9887 @ 06/04/14 04:52 PM
My question: How much of this is actually going to make it into the 360 version of the game? If they are going to focus on next gen, and can't put the new features in with the old system, then don't release it with the old system.

# 33 blinkfan77 @ 06/04/14 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Way too much time spent on the crowds. More emphasis needs to be placed on the on ice product. I would sooner see a dead crowd and 9,000 new skater models. It would be nice to play EASHL without the AI teammates all looking the same.

I laughed when they said they have between 250 - 300 players faces in the game. Each team has 23 players x 30 teams = 690 players. So we still only have about half of the players in the game. A total joke. But hey, at least the crowds will look good.
While I love what I'm seeing so far, I couldn't agree more. I've been bemoaning about the lack of player faces in this game for years.

Nothing, NOTHING takes me out of the experience more than scoring a goal and seeing a fake Brad Marchand or Shawn Thornton face. I mean these guys are faces of the teams and they don't bother with them. Not to mention many teams have even more significant players without faces. It's unacceptable.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.