Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show will be available as a Day 1 digital download at 12:01 AM EST on May 6th. (SEE UPDATES BELOW) Similar to how users were able to download the PS3 version, expect it to be available at that time, give or take a few minutes.

It doesn't appear as though you will be able to pre-download, as some hoped with the latest PlayStation update. VG24/7 noted Watch Dogs will be the first game available for pre-download, releasing on May 27th.

UPDATE: As of 10:30 AM EST, the game is still not available to download.

UPDATE #2: Due to unforeseen technical issues, MLB 14 The Show for PS4 is not currently available for download via the PlayStation Store. All parties are working as quickly as possible to remedy the issue. We’ll update this post as soon as a resolution is reached. Thank you for your continued patience.

UPDATE #3: Based off of the many responses, the download should be available for everyone now.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1541 HozAndMoose @ 05/06/14 03:09 PM
Once you finish the 5GB. The rest wont show up as downloading in notifications. To see what you are at. Go to the game tile on the dashboard and press options then information.

# 1542 kumala @ 05/06/14 03:10 PM
Went to the psn store and game was listed as free. And now starting to download to my ps4 and done via ps4 app. So hope its done or close to done by the time i get home tonight

# 1543 uecker4prez @ 05/06/14 03:10 PM
So I am at work and immediately went to the Playstation Store on my PC to start the download on my PS4 at home.

It seemed to be working fine, then I looked back at the page and it said "Download Error" with an option to retry.

So, I click retry and now it says "Already Downloading".

Hoping that it was just a glitch on the PC's browser and that at least some of the DL is done by time I get home in a few hours.

# 1544 lilprog @ 05/06/14 03:15 PM
In game how do you see the download specfics, i see a progress bar upper left that says 16% but dont see this stadium download you guys are talking about

# 1545 illmaxic @ 05/06/14 03:16 PM
when did it finally become available? i dont want to go searching through the 40 pages i missed.

# 1546 loonsluv @ 05/06/14 03:16 PM
The game is downloading for me. Thankfully I have BF4 to play in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 1547 HozAndMoose @ 05/06/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaxic
when did it finally become available? i dont want to go searching through the 40 pages i missed.
about 1:45 EST

# 1548 HozAndMoose @ 05/06/14 03:18 PM
When creating a character my PS4 turns into a jet engine.

# 1549 MrOldboy @ 05/06/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18
you do have to start the game to download that
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
No you dont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Once you finish the 5GB. The rest wont show up as downloading in notifications. To see what you are at. Go to the game tile on the dashboard and press options then information.
OK, so it will continue to download automatically once you initiate the first 5gb download is what I am hearing.

# 1550 jsbasil @ 05/06/14 03:20 PM
I went to my local video store and picked up a copy for $1 just to play while i waited the install of the teams and stadiums only took like 30 min off the disc. so heres hoping

# 1551 BagsyMet @ 05/06/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoUK
I have double that speed but thanks to the slow psn servers, the fact they are in the us and prioritised no doubt for us traffic, my internet is like being on dial up now.

Sent from somewhere near to your house
Do you use a VPN for watching netflix and stuff? Mine was going slow in the UK, but I reset my internet settings to automatic DNS and it's now downloading at normal speed.

# 1552 nuckles2k2 @ 05/06/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
file size is:

40.2 GB

mine says 3 hours. Is that a high estimate ?
That sounds about right.

I just started my download then put the PS4 on standby mode since I'm busy, but I have a 50mbps download & 25mbps upload connection, and when I downloaded NBA 2K14 on the PS4, it took about 2 hours and some change.

So 3 is right in the ball park (pun intended).

# 1553 N51_rob @ 05/06/14 03:22 PM
Now that the game is out to be digitally downloaded. I am closing this.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.