Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports has just announced Kevin Durant as the NBA 2K15 cover athlete. Expect it in stores on October 7th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 360 and PC.

The 2013-14 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player previously appeared with Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose in NBA 2K13 and wearing his Texas uniform in NCAA March Madness 08. We won't count the canned NBA Elite 11.

Check out the official press release below.

2K Announces 2014 NBA MVP Kevin Durant as NBA® 2K15 Cover Athlete

NBA 2K’s collaboration with the NBA’s best players continues in the next iteration of the legendary franchise

2K today announced that Oklahoma City Thunder superstar, four-time NBA scoring champion, and recently crowned 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player, Kevin Durant, will make his solo debut as video game cover athlete on NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. With the selection, Durant completes a banner year in which he garnered the NBA’s top award for the first time in his career and fulfilled his lifelong dream of being the feature athlete on an NBA 2K cover, all while cementing his legacy as one of the greatest players of this generation.

“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” said Durant, who is currently leading the Oklahoma City Thunder against Los Angeles Clippers during this year’s NBA Playoffs. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”

“We’re continually challenging ourselves to align the NBA 2K franchise with the best of this generation, and Kevin Durant brings one of the NBA’s greatest into our stable of kings,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for 2K. “Our goal is to consistently bring an unmatched experience for the millions of fans that play the NBA 2K series, while paralleling the NBA’s evolution and growth year-over-year.”

In addition to his accomplishments as four-time NBA scoring champion, and winning the 2014 NBA MVP award, Durant’s impressive basketball resume includes four All-NBA team selections, five NBA All-Star selections, and the 2007-2008 NBA Rookie of the Year award, solidifying him as the perfect choice to bring NBA 2K basketball to fans across the globe

2K also announced that customers can pre-order NBA 2K15 for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC by visiting http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K15.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on October 7, 2014 in North America and October 10, 2014 internationally.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 05/08/14 07:50 AM
What previous installment was this successfully done in?

we talk about sacrifices...

I personally don't want to sacrifice realism for the sake of perceived control. I don't want to be able turn on a dime like I did in 2k7-2k8. That was fun for then, but it doesn't make any sense to return to that now.

The answer of course, is somewhere in the middle.

# 42 KingTocco @ 05/08/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Being hungry, wanting to be the best, and willing to listen to the people, and awesome control over simulated basketball is what made 2k great.

Nowadays.... 2K just LOOKS good....and the modes offered are the worst that its ever been. The online is an abomination, and VC eats into every mode which deters people from wanting to keep playing this game.

All im saying is back to your original statement, i and a whole bunch of other folks that have played 2k over the years are used to a certain standard, and we have put 2k on notice that these past few years, ps4 and Xbox One included versions of 2k14 are not living up to the 2k Standard as far as options and controls are concerned. we just want back who we fell in love with....

I swear they need to get rid of these controls and bring it back to 2k11 without all the health bar, and losing the ball stuff...I've never seen any nba player get tired from dribbling, or lose his dribble from trying to spin off his defender.

I wanna be able to have control over the players like THIS!!! Bring this back 2k.

Maybe this is why they wont let you spin at will at the top the key with a defender on, because 2k knows how effective a spin move can be on a defender.

^^^This guy gets it.

To whoever said you don't want to turn on a dime...why not? Professional basketball players can turn on a dime and perform crazy moves at times so why would this not be in the game? Why does it feel like the player is moving in molasses?

And to the stamina point, you're absolutely right. I've never seen any NBA player lose tons of fatigue from performing dribble moves. Maybe a slight progression throughout the course of a game but as it is now it seems as if they get tired very quickly from performing simple moves.

# 43 The 24th Letter @ 05/08/14 10:51 AM
Save me the long rant...it's been done....repeatedly....we all know and have acknowledged these issues

When I say turn on a dime i mean like in earlier games where foot planting and momentum were not taken into consideration at all. No NBA player or human can make some of those zig zag shifts in movement. If that's what you want to return, more power to you...but not me or a lot of other "long time players"

# 44 Jrocc23 @ 05/08/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
^^^This guy gets it.

To whoever said you don't want to turn on a dime...why not? Professional basketball players can turn on a dime and perform crazy moves at times so why would this not be in the game? Why does it feel like the player is moving in molasses?

And to the stamina point, you're absolutely right. I've never seen any NBA player lose tons of fatigue from performing dribble moves. Maybe a slight progression throughout the course of a game but as it is now it seems as if they get tired very quickly from performing simple moves.

I also agree with most of the things he said like always.

I just don't really agree with the stamina and dribble moves perspective. I believe it's good where it's at because it gives a balance and makes this game more of a simulation imo. Players in real life barely do all types of crossovers each time they have the ball in their possession.

If 2K cut back on this, you'll see people doing crossovers and all other type of dribble moves in one possession. I feel that losing a lot of stamina is the best counter for this not to happen. Unless you want someone to be able to just strip the player after doing so many dribble moves. But that's a lot more unrealistic to me. I feel that should be left alone, but everything is else is spot on to me.

# 45 The 24th Letter @ 05/08/14 11:01 AM
One thing that completely needs to be eliminated is any and every animation where you completely lose control of the dribbler...being moved to the left/ right for 2-3 seconds is so annoying...

# 46 KingTocco @ 05/08/14 12:09 PM
Not sure any of this has to with the Thread or the OP but it's an interesting discussion.

I think both of you have some valid points and opinions. I don't mean to question anyone's basketball IQ or awareness but crossovers/dribble moves happen all the time. Watch Chris Paul play ball, great example as they are currently in the Playoffs.

It's hard to judge, personally I think stopping on a dime and changing directions ridiculously quickly is fine and NBA players can do that. (Some are obviously better than others, i.e. guards vs. PF/C) I think we underestimate how great these players really are, I would like to be able to perform John Wall-ish moves in my game. That's just me though..

# 47 23 @ 05/08/14 12:22 PM
Quote:
Not sure any of this has to with the Thread or the OP but it's an interesting discussion.

I think both of you have some valid points and opinions. I don't mean to question anyone's basketball IQ or awareness but crossovers/dribble moves happen all the time. Watch Chris Paul play ball, great example as they are currently in the Playoffs.

It's hard to judge, personally I think stopping on a dime and changing directions ridiculously quickly is fine and NBA players can do that. (Some are obviously better than others, i.e. guards vs. PF/C) I think we underestimate how great these players really are, I would like to be able to perform John Wall-ish moves in my game. That's just me though..

I thought about that too...but then looking at the picture there is a concern with the direction of the game and that picture doesn't help.

Its too early to speculate what 2k is doing but anyway, some stuff is just over exxaggerated. Using highlight videos as a reference to what you call sim isn't exactly the best way to go about it.

talking about making moves and crossovers man cmon yall

You should be talking to 2k about NBA basketball... that stuff is secondary.

The passing is definitely a problem and has been for so many years.

The movement needs some serious work, and hopefully this year was the first year of something unfinished tied into what 24th was talking about, those animations that make you lose control for a few seconds shouldn't be there.

# 48 23 @ 05/08/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Well I apologize for thinking that MY TIME HAS COME had anything to do with 2k actually paying attention to what consumers wanted in their next installment of NBA 2K.

Forget about graphics and looks....THATS secondary. Whats ALWAYS separated the 2K series from Live, NBA JAM, and countless other franchises that have gon the way of the ThrowBack Jersey has always been 2k developers focus on how the game plays. Controls controls controls.

Mike Wang Left 2k for one year and the NBA Live series released its best game to date. Mike Wang coming back focused soley on controls and i dont know what he saw over at EA sports, he's been tinkering with how the game plays over the past few years to try and get 2k to play more like live. you know why? Its because of how fluid the controls on live played.

23, why do you think 2k releases a control video for every new iteration of their basketball game? Because thats whats most important to us gamers. Thats 2k's bread and butter. If gameplay, including crossovers, dribbling, and player movement on the court is SECONDARY to YOU, what in the world should 2k's attention be on as a PRIMARY focus?
Im not here to be questioned by you

I only posted because of all of the complaining that goes on and alot of it is warranted then there is unnecessary stuff spewed continually.

One thing I'll say to you is not to bypass the language filter anymore like you did in one of your previous posts because its an infraction and a ban, FYI

I dont care what your issues are with the game, but you can talk about it without breaking the TOS.

# 49 ERA @ 05/08/14 01:06 PM
I love it. It's impossible to dislike KD. Perfect choice by 2K.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 50 23 @ 05/08/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
First of all, no one comes on here to be spoken to like they are peasants, so cool out with the holier than thou attitude.

second, when did i break the TOS? We're talking about basketball and the game of 2k as to which it relates. At what point did i "bypss the language filter"? I wrote too many posts to keep track of every single word spoken in here, but i dont recall me cursing on here. If i did, my bad, but umm...btw you and me, lets stick to basketball, because this isnt the forum nor the discussion i was trying to have with you nor anyonelse on here. Thank you.

Quote:
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Ill you you figure out which words you took the time to space out to make sure it made it into your post because YOU KNOW the site stars out the word. Lets not act like we don't know what happened all of a sudden.

Profanity
Keep offensive language to a minimum. While we might let you get away with something you might hear on network television (no, NOT cable) or radio, don't go overboard. Simply editing a few letters with an asterisk or other symbols isn't allowed, either. A simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether.

So no, im dont talk to people like peasants whatever that means. I told you that you broke the TOS on purpose and I gave you a warning.

# 51 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 05/08/14 02:20 PM
Just bring back crew and copy club mode from nhl/fifa. Also copy the jersey/logo customization from diamon dynasty on mlb the show.

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 05/08/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Ummm just a question...If it was FUN then, why wouldn't having controls back in our hands be FUN NOW? You kind of lost me with that. It's almost as if you're saying since we got older, and 2k has grown as a team, fun should should stay in the past, and boring mini-movies(canimations) thaT WE CANT CANCEL, at anytime is the wave of the future and we should just accept it.

Nah bro...

Why can't we have fun playing 2k? Isnt this what brought, you, myself, and millions of other players across the world together in the first place? The controls of previous 2k Games up until 2k12 were great. They allowed you to play sim, while still FEELING FUN at the same time. I'm all for foot planting and what have you, but dont take away how the game feels. And if you do change the way the game feels, make it better, not worse. if you get burned by someone doing a crossover, just switch defenders....thats what happens in real life...

ASK Samuel Dalembert....he's got andre millers back

all im saying to you 24th Letter is to see that it might be better to ask 2K to bring controls back in the hands of the user, than to say things are fine as is, and the direction 2k has been going is ok. That's a disservice to everyone on this forum who see's 2K Sports as a forward thinking game company who prides themselves on focusing on what the consumer has to say about their final overall product.

I literally can't follow what your talking about man....there's so many random *** tangents in here you lost me....

Well just agree to disagree...

# 53 reptilexcq @ 05/08/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I literally can't follow what your talking about man....there's so many random *** tangents in here you lost me....

Well just agree to disagree...
I think i said this long time ago: If 2K ever manage to create a game which give the users total control of the gameplay and somehow still manage to maintain all these animations and simulation factors intact....it will be the best basketball game ever created. But for whatever reason, every year, they can't do it. The game either skewed heavily toward canimation simulation (which defeat the purpose of having the fun factor by lack of user control) or skewed heavily toward non-canimation a la 2k7 (which give user total control of the game resulting in the ultimate fun factor). The game never truly fine the sweet spot needed to satisfy both the sim and the casual general gamer.

# 54 Da_Czar @ 05/08/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I think i said this long time ago: If 2K ever manage to create a game which give the users total control of the gameplay and somehow still manage to maintain all these animations and simulation factors intact....it will be the best basketball game ever created. But for whatever reason, every year, they can't do it. The game either skewed heavily toward canimation simulation (which defeat the purpose of having the fun factor by lack of user control) or skewed heavily toward non-canimation a la 2k7 (which give user total control of the game resulting in the ultimate fun factor). The game never truly fine the sweet spot needed to satisfy both the sim and the casual general gamer.
My man reptile still repping that 2k7 I See. LOL respect fam you are the definition of consistent.

Love KD especially since he just won the MVP and had that other turrible cover experience.

There is a big difference between realistic stopping on a dime and sprinting full speed and change directions with zero slow down or consequences.

#ComeonSon haha

To clarify I dont think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better do t defy the laws of physics soley to give arcade users more control.

Give them more control in a realistic manner.

# 55 The 24th Letter @ 05/08/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
My man reptile still repping that 2k7 I See. LOL respect fam you are the definition of consistent.

Love KD especially since he just won the MVP and had that other turrible cover experience.

There is a big difference between realistic stopping on a dime and sprinting full speed and change directions with zero slow down or consequences.

#ComeonSon haha

To clarify I dont think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better do t defy the laws of physics soley to give arcade users more control.

Pretty much this, thanks Czar

# 56 VDusen04 @ 05/08/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
To clarify, I don't think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better don't defy the laws of physics solely to give arcade users more control.

Quoted for truth and an effective use of brevity.

# 57 Jrocc23 @ 05/08/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
I am pretty sure I watch BBall about just as much as you if not, even more. But like you said, no need to get into that.

I've watched Chris Paul and he doesn't do all types of crossovers every possession. Especially since in the NBA, they are mostly running plays. He does some dribble moves a lot, but they are usually basic moves, he doesn't pull out a double hesitation, behind the back moves or anything like that every possession. The only time you start losing a good amount of stamina is when you start trying to "dance" on someone. If you translated the basic types of moves he does in real life to 2K, it only would take away a little of his stamina. So, I believe the stamina when dribbling is fine. It's not like you do a basic move and you're just fatigued.

People online wouldn't be doing those things. They would be doing all types of crossovers/dribble moves every time they touch the ball. They do it now, so just think if 2K changed the stamina and made you not really lose stamina. I believe it's the perfect counter for telling people you can't just dribble around all game.

# 58 VDusen04 @ 05/08/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Here's the thing with Opinions, everyone has one....i wont finish the statement
for effective use of brevity.

anyhow, just because one guy makes a quote, doesnt make it the TRUTH.

The fact of the matter is, to even say that giving control back to arcade users would suggest that 2k releases an arcade basketball game on an annual basis. Which in fact it DOESN't. This is a sport simulation game, so giving control back to the user, would be giving back to ALL USERS. However the USERS Play style is dependent upon them. Not everyone who picks up these sticks plays the same, but everyone should be given the chance to play a product from 2k thats fun to play, and easy to pick up, but hard to master.

The controls and input timing for Current gen(PS4 & Xbox One) are lacking and need to be addressed. If one thing is certain, It's that we can all agree that 2k's Bread and butter has always been their gameplay. Whether you agree or not is up to you, but in the end, fixing what has been a staple of your flagship sports title shouldnt be considered "angling towards the arcade crowd". It should be more like right the ship and get back to what made us #1 in the first place.

thats all im saying.
My apologies for the lack of clarity. It should have read:

"Quoted for the fact that I found your statements firmly grounded in truth. Further, I personally found your clear and concise response to be wonderfully effective and easily conveyed, though I admit not everyone may share such sentiments."

# 59 Da_Czar @ 05/08/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Da Czar, glad to see you're posting in this thread. Your comments pretty much piggybacked what i was trying to clarify with 24th letter, but i digress. Anyhow, Czar, what do you make of the Cover with KD? Do you believe the art is cryptic or its just a plain ole bunch of courts with KD holding a ball and Lightning striking in the background?

one last thing, Czar, are you, or have you ever been a fan of MyCrew Mode and do you feel that finally this is the year it comes back in its true form being played in arenas unlike this year where it was played in streets with no nba rules?

I have to tell you that The park has made me a believer that crew would be DOPE if they can do it right on this Gen.

I didn't "get" crew back then but after having some great runs in the park in 3v3 and 2v2... I think crew would be unreal with real arena's and rules and jerseys. I think that would be the future for Competitive E sports as far as hoop goes.

I would even be down with Rucker type tournaments for crew vs crew battles but I know everyone wants Arena's and Jersey's and rules and I do too.

As far as the cover you never know if the Marketing guys are just being creative or if it is a unified plan to be cryptic. I really really hope they bring it back. I know I have talked to everyone who would listen from the President on down as to how important that mode is to the real fans of the game.

But Czar has seen the crew lights fam LOL. I mean it is SOOOO dope when you get a good run in vs other ballers I can't even imagine what 5 vs 5 in real gyms with real rules would feel like. Especially if 2k can (fingers double crossed) finally conquer their online demons.

# 60 Da_Czar @ 05/08/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Here's the thing with Opinions, everyone has one....i wont finish the statement
for effective use of brevity.

anyhow, just because one guy makes a quote, doesnt make it the TRUTH.

The fact of the matter is, to even say that giving control back to arcade users would suggest that 2k releases an arcade basketball game on an annual basis. Which in fact it DOESN't. This is a sport simulation game, so giving control back to the user, would be giving back to ALL USERS. However the USERS Play style is dependent upon them. Not everyone who picks up these sticks plays the same, but everyone should be given the chance to play a product from 2k thats fun to play, and easy to pick up, but hard to master.

The controls and input timing for Current gen(PS4 & Xbox One) are lacking and need to be addressed. If one thing is certain, It's that we can all agree that 2k's Bread and butter has always been their gameplay. Whether you agree or not is up to you, but in the end, fixing what has been a staple of your flagship sports title shouldnt be considered "angling towards the arcade crowd". It should be more like right the ship and get back to what made us #1 in the first place.

thats all im saying.
Absolutely. I think there is a level just to the left of better control where a dev makes a decision to make a game more responsive vs more realistic.

As an example there was a game that was cancelled where the dev's made the decision to not force a defensive player to bend their legs to jump so that when you challenged a shot it would register immediately.

THAT is where I am against the games going. I don't think 2k was ever there, and I don't want them to confuse my desire for more control( Like we should already have) for me wanting an unrealistic version of basketball simply for instantaneous control.

I think the fact that nobody has really nailed it yet must mean it is very difficult to accomplish.

I fully expect to get dam close this gen between the two competitive products we get to choose from.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.