Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Yesterday was a day of great anticipation -- and angst for digital purchasers -- as MLB 14 The Show finally hit the market on the PlayStation 4. The release of MLB 14 The Show on PS4 signals a new generation of baseball games, hopefully one that brings great innovation, realism, and fun.

If you are still on the fence, here are five reasons you'll want to make the jump to the PS4 version of The Show...

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Five Reasons to Upgrade to PS4

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KingTocco @ 05/07/14 11:05 AM
If someone owns a PS4, I can't really understand why they wouldn't switch over from PS3 and get this game on the PS4.

You can even trade-in The Show 14 for PS3 towards the PS4 copy and only pay like 20-30 bucks. Can someone explain this to me?

# 2 Timex @ 05/07/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
You can even trade-in The Show 14 for PS3 towards the PS4 copy and only pay like 20-30 bucks. Can someone explain this to me?
I think if you got the ps3 game at gamestop you can take it back and trade it in for the ps4 version I could be way wrong but that's what I've been hearing.

You could still take it back even if you didn't buy the ps3 version there because they will give you so much for a trade in anyway.

# 3 KingTocco @ 05/07/14 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
I think if you got the ps3 game at gamestop you can take it back and trade it in for the ps4 version I could be way wrong but that's what I've been hearing.

You could still take it back even if you didn't buy the ps3 version there because they will give you so much for a trade in anyway.
Sorry that was my fault for not clarifying, I understand that concept as I've done it with many games.

I meant, could someone explain to me why they wouldn't upgrade to the PS4 version? Just seems like a no-brainer

# 4 willz1985 @ 05/07/14 11:27 AM
i'd love nothing better than to get the PS4 version...........

Only problem is I live in the UK and we dont get hard copies in stores over here......

And sony have screwed up the digital release on the store so it's still not available......

So annoyed right now

# 5 sportsuiguy @ 05/07/14 11:42 AM
I got a game in last night, and agree with all points. Especially the last one. I haven't been playing my PS4 since the show came out last month on PS3. Finally putting the new console to good use.

# 6 RunRunPass @ 05/07/14 11:51 AM
Can you upgrade this if you bought it through the Playstation store? Same as wilz1985 I bought it via the PS store and I am in the UK. I'm assuming that if it's not available now, that it will be?

# 7 mnhelty @ 05/07/14 12:30 PM
in last years game i could do a franchise go to my single A team pick a player then edit them with my name,looks,rateings and then play my season with my "created" edited player i want to start my season as a rookie superstar i dont want or like road to the show. i only have so much time in my life i dont want to waist it starting in the minors. But this years PS4 version wont let me edit these no-name minor leaguers i need help if i can't put me and my buddy in right away then this game is just a waist of my time.
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG OR CAN'T we do that with THIS YEARS GAME!!!!!!

# 8 PsychoBulk @ 05/07/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
i'd love nothing better than to get the PS4 version...........

Only problem is I live in the UK and we dont get hard copies in stores over here......

And sony have screwed up the digital release on the store so it's still not available......

So annoyed right now
Are you unaware of this thread thats been running for years?

Read from this page...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-92.html

You will see lots of us in the UK and around Europe had their hands on the game 4 days before it came out in the the US...

# 9 m1ke_nyc @ 05/07/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
If someone owns a PS4, I can't really understand why they wouldn't switch over from PS3 and get this game on the PS4.

Well to be honest this game is a direct port with prettier graphics and it seems to run a little smoother. To some people thats not worth the upgrade. You end up paying $80-$90 for this game by upgrading, is MLB The Show 14 for PS4 worth $80 ? not imo. This is why im personally glad I completely overlooked the PS3 version.

EDIT: it being a port is not bad at all, it just seems like there was no reason to get the PS3 version seeing as the PS4 version was the same game but prettier. You just had to wait a month. Or to keep it real I dont see why this had to be released a month later, I really dont.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 05/07/14 12:58 PM
It definitely has the best crowd in any sports game. It's amazing.

But, some of the Bat Boys have stubble. Inexcusable.

J/K

# 11 johnnyg83 @ 05/07/14 01:06 PM
If I had it on the ps3 I wouldn't spend any more money to get the ps4 version. It's better, but not enough to justify paying $70-80 for the same game.

# 12 johnnyg83 @ 05/07/14 01:23 PM
Actually I don' t know if it's better than this year's ps3 version, I just know it's not that much better looking than 2013 and if the modes and gameplay are the same ...

# 13 HnHMVP @ 05/07/14 01:27 PM
Well it's worth it on the PS4 because of the graphical enhancement obviously, so go buy a PS4!

# 14 eaglepoint @ 05/07/14 01:37 PM
I had infamous too..it was nice good graphics but thats bout it. This game is what my driving force was to get a Ps4 ( already own Xbox one) before I said Nba2k14 is the top game for graphics and playability like its real sport. But now?...Mlb14 on Ps4 may edge it out..just by a lil

# 15 willz1985 @ 05/07/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Are you unaware of this thread thats been running for years?

Read from this page...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-92.html

You will see lots of us in the UK and around Europe had their hands on the game 4 days before it came out in the the US...
Maybe you should read the part where I said we don't get them in stores over here......

Yes I'm aware you can buy a hard copy from abroad or a uk based online store but I wanted a DIGITAL version as was promised with this week's store update. No need to get arsy just because I didn't comment on that thread.

# 16 HenryClay1844 @ 05/07/14 02:47 PM
If you are a big enough baseball fan that you couldn't wait and bought it for PS3, why wouldn't you buy if for PS4 if you have it?

# 17 KingTocco @ 05/07/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
If you are a big enough baseball fan that you couldn't wait and bought it for PS3, why wouldn't you buy if for PS4 if you have it?
And if you bought it for PS3 just trade it in, after the deal they are running you could get the PS4 version for 20ish dollars...don't know why some people are making a big deal of 20 bucks, you bought a 400 dollar system...

# 18 JasonZimmerman @ 05/07/14 03:13 PM
Can someone please help me figure out how to put my music on the game?! I have all the reds walk up music and I want to put them in but cant figure out how!

# 19 PsychoBulk @ 05/07/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
Maybe you should read the part where I said we don't get them in stores over here......

Yes I'm aware you can buy a hard copy from abroad or a uk based online store but I wanted a DIGITAL version as was promised with this week's store update. No need to get arsy just because I didn't comment on that thread.
Say what?

I was trying to be helpful pal, obviously wasted my time.

Enjoy your wait, ill enjoy the game ive had 5 days now...

# 20 FillyP @ 05/07/14 03:20 PM
"The ability to transfer those saves -- assuming it works.."

A word of advice to people trading in their PS3 copy: Make sure you back up your RTTS, Franchise files, etc, to the MLB THE SHOW cloud!! This is different than the Playstation cloud that copies your save files to their network for space/easy access. My understanding is that you have to transfer the game files to "The Show" cloud on PS3, then load them from PS4. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way because I now have a bunch of inaccessible files sitting on my PS3 hdd.

Would have been nice if someone explained this to us earlier. Also, it might be prudent of you to check this essential feature BEFORE posting it to a "Why You Should Upgrade" article. Just saying...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.