Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The MLB 14 The Show Day 1 digital download was scheduled to arrive on May 6th at 12:01 AM EST, for PlayStation 4 users. It didn't go according to plan and there were quite a few upset gamers. Users were finally able to start downloading the game at roughly 2:30 PM EST that day.

Sony and the official MLB The Show Twitter account offered apologies.

This morning users started receiving emails from them, providing frustrated gamers with a $5.00 voucher to be added to their wallet and 6,000 Stubs (valued at $4.99), which can be used as in-game currency.

Check your email and let us know if you received anything.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LastActionHero @ 05/08/14 01:22 AM
Just got it as well.
Nice gesture I must say.

# 2 HozAndMoose @ 05/08/14 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Just got it as well.
Nice gesture I must say.
Yeah it is. I wasnt really expecting anything. I didnt think the delay was that big of a deal. Good for Sony. Im sure people will still call them thieves though for some reason.

# 3 dalger21 @ 05/08/14 07:25 AM
I received this as well. Say what you want about Sony but when they mess something up (the security breach a few years ago, digital downloads, etc) they will make up for it in ways such as offering vouchers for PSN Money, discounts on games, etc. To me, they didn't have to offer anything for what happened on Tuesday but I'm not surprised that they did. Nice gesture by them.

# 4 JEDI_CAPRICORN @ 05/08/14 07:31 AM
i havent gotten any such email yet..

# 5 FrodoUK @ 05/08/14 07:44 AM
Got mine as well ... Nice touch really

Sent from somewhere near to your house

# 6 SVCbearcat10 @ 05/08/14 08:02 AM
Got it as well. I was once of those suckers (first time owning a Playstation since PS1) that thought they were given a refund when they weren't and got a physical copy (lesson noted and learned). Dumped the physical copy on eBay for $55, got these vouchers for $10 in value, so I actually came out ahead by $1.50 with taxes included. Moral victory!

# 7 LingeringRegime @ 05/08/14 08:17 AM
Got mine too!

Sony is the best.

# 8 ckarlic @ 05/08/14 08:54 AM
Thought I would be left out since I didn't see an email from Sony in my inbox but decided to check my spam folder and lo and behold, the email was there.

Thank you Sony and scea!

# 9 willz1985 @ 05/08/14 01:08 PM
it'd be nice if they'd actually put this on the UK/EU store, seems to resolve the problem within a day for US store but we've still got sweet F.A......

# 10 LetsGoBucs @ 05/08/14 01:44 PM
Got my email this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't as affected as most as I couldn't really play it that day anyway, so it is a nice gesture for me...

# 11 Mitchrapp @ 05/08/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Thought I would be left out since I didn't see an email from Sony in my inbox but decided to check my spam folder and lo and behold, the email was there.

Thank you Sony and scea!
Same. Thanks.

# 12 Blublub @ 05/08/14 06:03 PM
Yup, very nice indeed. I was miffed at the time but this makes up for it. When they mess up they do make good (as with the security breach). Well done Sony!

# 13 RandyBass @ 05/09/14 04:55 PM
This was cool of them, and I didn't even hold it against them either.

# 14 Nexgenrulz @ 05/10/14 08:11 PM
More reason to never buy a digital download. I'll take a physical copy any day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.