Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports will add 11 more Euroleague basketball teams for NBA 2K15, bringing the total to 25 teams. Check out the NBA 2K15 trailer here (no 2K15 footage shown).

Here is the full list of 25 teams (new teams that were added shown in bold)
  • Alba Berlin
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Brose Baskets Bamberg
  • Budivelnik Kyiv
  • Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
  • FC Barcelona
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul
  • JSF Nanterre
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
  • Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius
  • Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Partizan NIS Belgrade
  • Real Madrid
  • Stelmet Zielona Góra
  • Strasbourg
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
It will be interesting to see if we can play with these teams in other modes this year. No other details have been revealed. We'll update when we hear anything.

Read the full press release below.

2K Announces Expanded Euroleague Lineup for NBA® 2K15

25 Euroleague Basketball teams playable exclusively in NBA 2K15

2K announced today that NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, will include additional teams and players from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague as part of their exclusive multi-year global partnership. NBA 2K15 will be available on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 will feature 11 additional teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague, including top-level FC Bayern Munich of Germany, JSF Nanterre of France, Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul of Turkey and Partizan NIS Belgrade of Serbia, bringing the total number of playable Euroleague teams to 25, including every team that participated in the 2013-14 Turkish Airlines Euroleague. All squads will be fully updated to reflect trades accurate to the day of release**.

“The global response to the integration of Euroleague teams into the NBA 2K series last year was fantastic, and a key factor in our decision to include the full complement of 2013-14 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We know there’s a huge passion for basketball in Europe, and we’re excited to further expand the number of playable European teams to make this the most comprehensive basketball game ever.”

"After an exciting start last year, our partnership with 2K takes another strong step forward with an expansion of the Euroleague Basketball teams in NBA 2K15," added Jordi Bertomeu, President and CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The appeal of our style of basketball to video game fans was evident right away with just 14 Euroleague Basketball teams last year, and we are sure that seeing many more of them in NBA 2K15 will be another hit."

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
Not going to turn this it to a bigger issue than it is. But I'm basing my opinion on past actions. Not just this announcement. D League hasn't been in 2K since 2K10. In 2K10 there was just these teams and the NBDL teams. No legends teams, no euro teams. Like I said, 2K has always been capable of adding more teams to the game. Just look at the Show.

Now, like I said my first original post, I think Euro league teams in 2K is good for the game. But I can be disappointed if I feel that they might be ignoring the D League again.

Now if you think they will add those teams to it too then more power to you. I hope you're 100% right and I hope my concerns are 100% wrong. But isn't the point of a message board is to interpret the news how you see fit, draw an opinion, and then comment on it without someone saying you're reading too much into it? We're all reading too much in to it to some extent lol.
I agree, I shouldn't criticize other for feeling a certain way. I just think it is really premature to write off certain modes or features being in the game.

We know hardly anything about 2K15, past games have been GREAT. This iteration (NBA 2K14) however was disappointing and a bit of slap in the face to their core fan-base.

Maybe they get it and will change and maybe they won't. For what it's worth, I'm excited to watch NBA 2K15 and NBA Live 15 unfold. I'm hoping for the best!

# 42 VDusen04 @ 05/16/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
Not going to turn this it to a bigger issue than it is. But I'm basing my opinion on past actions. Not just this announcement. D League hasn't been in 2K since 2K10. In 2K10 there was just these teams and the NBDL teams. No legends teams, no euro teams. Like I said, 2K has always been capable of adding more teams to the game. Just look at the Show.

Now, like I said my first original post, I think Euro league teams in 2K is good for the game. But I can be disappointed if I feel that they might be ignoring the D League again.

Now if you think they will add those teams to it too then more power to you. I hope you're 100% right and I hope my concerns are 100% wrong. But isn't the point of a message board is to interpret the news how you see fit, draw an opinion, and then comment on it without someone saying you're reading too much into it? We're all reading too much in to it to some extent lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
I agree, I shouldn't criticize other for feeling a certain way. I just think it is really premature to write off certain modes or features being in the game.

We know hardly anything about 2K15, past games have been GREAT. This iteration (NBA 2K14) however was disappointing and a bit of slap in the face to their core fan-base.

Maybe they get it and will change and maybe they won't. For what it's worth, I'm excited to watch NBA 2K15 and NBA Live 15 unfold. I'm hoping for the best!
Well stated on both fronts. I'm hoping for the best - which would be the addition of more Euroleague teams, but also a bolstering of classics on top of rightfully returning the D-League and Summer League.

Unfortunately, while admitting it's way too early to draw any real type of conclusions, I admit to understanding where the doubters are coming from. On the surface, the resources likely needed for these Euroleague team creations in NBA 2K15 would mean, in theory, less resources for working on the team creation that'd come with a D-League, Summer League, or Classics improvement (virtually untouched for years).

Further, one would suspect 2K may move to concentrate on improving Euroleague atmosphere (and more). On one hand, if the Euroleague is bound to be included, I approve, for I feel it's quite poor to have Euro teams but seeing them play out like NBA games. On the other hand, again, without knowing if this is true, it'd seem it'd just mean more resources going into a non-NBA facet, thus possibly effecting NBA-based improvements.

# 43 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Well stated on both fronts. I'm hoping for the best - which would be the addition of more Euroleague teams, but also a bolstering of classics on top of rightfully returning the D-League and Summer League.

Unfortunately, while admitting it's way too early to draw any real type of conclusions, I admit to understanding where the doubters are coming from. On the surface, the resources likely needed for these Euroleague team creations in NBA 2K15 would mean, in theory, less resources for working on the team creation that'd come with a D-League, Summer League, or Classics improvement (virtually untouched for years).

Further, one would suspect 2K may move to concentrate on improving Euroleague atmosphere (and more). On one hand, if the Euroleague is bound to be included, I approve, for I feel it's quite poor to have Euro teams but seeing them play out like NBA games. On the other hand, again, without knowing if this is true, it'd seem it'd just mean more resources going into a non-NBA facet, thus possibly effecting NBA-based improvements.
Agreed. I can see where people are coming from, I just think it's a wait and see game for us all now.

There are A LOT of things consumers want so 2K is in for a real challenge to appease the masses. I'm choosing to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty.

# 44 Gramps91 @ 05/16/14 03:31 PM
I guess it's nice for people that use them but I probably never will.

# 45 optimi5t @ 05/16/14 03:40 PM
Hopefully these euro teams will be playable online incorporated in their own euro online mode. Also 2k should really look into getting a license for national teams over the euro teams...however 25 euro teams is a nice modest gesture by 2k. Any addition and variety to the series is a good thing, shows progress.

# 46 RyanLaFalce @ 05/16/14 06:44 PM
I don't understand adding more Euroleague teams to 2k. Who even plays with them? How about add more recent historic teams like the Yao/T-Mac Rockets.

# 47 Dr. Poe @ 05/16/14 07:30 PM
Need more historic teams. Need Barkley and Reggie miller. Kareem.

# 48 @marcusjiles @ 05/16/14 08:42 PM
Id prefer some national teams. But if they're going to do this, expand this, create the European environment. Recreate the way they play.

# 49 JerzeyReign @ 05/16/14 08:51 PM
As a fan of basketball and a father of twin girls, I'd rather see the WNBA added before Euro League teams.

Since my opinion doesn't count for much, I just hope they get the European crowd atmosphere correct this release.

# 50 WaddupCouzin @ 05/16/14 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Who said they are abandoning the D-League idea? No where in the news does it state anything regarding that. It was just news that they are adding 11 more Euroleague teams.

Maybe this is the year they add all sorts of features and make it an amazing game and maybe it isn't. We don't know and won't know until the game is out.

Stop reading so much into this.
Kobe:

The people that are arguing with you have probably never stepped foot outside of the United States. They don't understand what GLOBAL means. Basketball is a GLOBAL game! When I was in Paris in 2010, at my terminal they had a kiosk of NBA2K8 right in front of the gate! Funniest thing, it was the Spurs (T. Parker) vs. Cavs (Lebron), people love the sport! It's a global sport, the NBA, like the NFL, is going to continue to grow their game GLOBALLY.

# 51 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Kobe:

The people that are arguing with you have probably never stepped foot outside of the United States. They don't understand what GLOBAL means. Basketball is a GLOBAL game! When I was in Paris in 2010, at my terminal they had a kiosk of NBA2K8 right in front of the gate! Funniest thing, it was the Spurs (T. Parker) vs. Cavs (Lebron), people love the sport! It's a global sport, the NBA, like the NFL, is going to continue to grow their game GLOBALLY.
THANK YOU!!! Appreciate this, Basketball is life, Basketball never stops, Basketball is Global!

# 52 NINJAK2 @ 05/16/14 09:02 PM
No problem with this addition unless it negatively affects their ability to work on the art of current NBA players(I felt this is what happend last year). I don't want to see 11 new euroleague teams with atleast 10-12 highly accurate face scans and still have players like CP3(heck I would even settle for 2k13 version of him), Beardless Vince Carter, Parsons, KD, LeBron,etc. still looking the way they do on old gen (360/ps3). I'd rather they update 110 + current nba players than add 110 + euroleague players...

# 53 dbak1111 @ 05/16/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Everyone knows 2K cant go to the next level until they include Australian teams.
Need some NBL legend teams. Get some Copeland, Gaze, Bradtke action going.

# 54 vtcha @ 05/16/14 10:41 PM
I can totally understand this move from a marketing perspective, particularly within the European region. But from a fan perspective, this is utter crap! Why is 2K catering to the <1% fan base? Let's be honest, how many of you played more than 5 games with Euro teams? Matter of fact, how many of you would be pissed if they removed this concept altogether? There's a reason why the majority of us follow the NBA and not even our native league (NBL for me).

With this news, I am 70% certain that 2K have once again neglected the authenticity and realism of current players featured in NBA rosters and instead opted to add even more content to an already unstable structure. I would rather 2K not add anymore new features and fix everything and just include past content from previous platforms, such as Playoff Mode, etc.

# 55 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/16/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbak1111
Need some NBL legend teams. Get some Copeland, Gaze, Bradtke action going.
John Rille, Leroy, D-Mac, have the crowd chant "Goorjian is a wnaker"

# 56 reptilexcq @ 05/17/14 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
I can totally understand this move from a marketing perspective, particularly within the European region. But from a fan perspective, this is utter crap! Why is 2K catering to the <1% fan base? Let's be honest, how many of you played more than 5 games with Euro teams? Matter of fact, how many of you would be pissed if they removed this concept altogether? There's a reason why the majority of us follow the NBA and not even our native league (NBL for me).

With this news, I am 70% certain that 2K have once again neglected the authenticity and realism of current players featured in NBA rosters and instead opted to add even more content to an already unstable structure. I would rather 2K not add anymore new features and fix everything and just include past content from previous platforms, such as Playoff Mode, etc.
It's all about that money man...that's why i hate these greedy companies. The purpose of this announcement is none other than the try to capture the European market so they can ca$h in as much money as they can. As a fan, i don't give a crap about the European teams...i don't even TOUCH a SINGLE EUROPEAN team when I play 2k14. So in that respect, I wish they spend time and resource fine tuning the damm gameplay that people have been criticizing so much about and have something to announce as far as what they're going to do or how they're going to correct them or how much resource they're devoting to resolving the issues. SO this announcement is pretty disappointing.

# 57 PJBrownHeat @ 05/17/14 04:55 AM
The video is good, and it is good to have a news of 2k15 so earlier. It proov that 2k was not honest with us last year and in 2013, they want to change and give us more new quickly and i really appreciate it. It is good. Keep going on like that 2k, thanks.
If in the video we are seeing 2k15, the presentation is better than for 2k14 because players are not so acrobatic and play sim.

I think it is a first step. Remember on next gen, blue ray can have more space to have more features so i think a news for retro team will arrive soon.

I'm sure.

The only problem is if there is more classic team, i will play only with them once again and surely don't play with euro team but it i's not my problem. If they want to add more euro team, that's their choice. And maybe i will play euro team, who know?

# 58 brs2305 @ 05/17/14 05:51 AM
As long as they cannot offer a European Career Mode with several European Leagues (min 10+) where you have to qualify for the Euroleague, this all is pretty much pointless.

# 59 Fener1907 @ 05/17/14 06:05 AM
They are in 2k14 but the rosters are from 2013!!! Is it so hard to opdate it?

# 60 Goffs @ 05/17/14 06:29 AM
I would rather have this as a DLC with crowd atmosphere...

I would PAY to play this if they did this proper rather than that **** VC model they have implemented to this series....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.