Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #5 is available now for the PS4. It should arrive for Xbox One users within 48 hours. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: The patch is available now for Xbox One users.

General
  • Voice Chat should now be much more reliable when three or more people on a team are voice-enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where users would not see server-based content (thumbnails in the store, NBA Today video, clothes in The Park) when signing into a first party account after having already booted the game.
  • Fixed an in issue in MyCAREER where an in-game save (specifically, in the game before you were set to receive your own signature shoe) would freeze when attempting to later load the file.
  • In MyCAREER, the On-Court Coach signature skill will now properly allow you to call plays when equipped.
  • In MyGM, fixed an issue where no players would appear (in specific circumstances) in the list when attempting to propose a trade.
  • Fixed in issue in Online Leagues that prevented some users from being able to matchmake against select other users. Online Leagues in general should be much more stable now.
  • Duplicate players (the same player from different years) are no longer allowed in the same lineup for a MyTEAM game, as was originally intended.
  • The default quarter length in MyCAREER has been reset to 6 minute quarters, as originally intended. Users are welcome to re-adjust as necessary.

The Park
  • Addressed an issue where specific player types were unable to complete alley-oops.
  • Users will no longer experience a freeze when loading into The Park after previously playing a different MyCAREER file that was terminated by quitting out of the Rookie Showcase.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop moving or even skip/glitch around the court when spectating a game.
  • Fixed an issue where a game would sometimes disconnect when another player quit the match.
  • Players will no longer get stuck after lining up to start a game if another user drops/quits right as the game is about to start.
  • Addressed a very rare crash that would occur when users would spam their controllers while waiting on a ‘Got Next’ spot.
  • Fixed an issue where a user playing on controller two will not up in The Park on other user’s screens.
  • A number of other smaller Park changes have been made to increase the stability and overall performance of this feature.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RayZLAL @ 05/21/14 12:09 PM
Shoe update could be unlocked via roster update. They've done that in the past before

# 62 Magnus1959 @ 05/21/14 12:23 PM
Taking forever for me to download.

# 63 JasonWilliams55 @ 05/21/14 12:36 PM
The shoe update is separate from the patch and will be dropping soon.

# 64 J_Posse @ 05/21/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
The shoe update is separate from the patch and will be dropping soon.
Hope this is accurate, but you've always been a reliable source JWill. Waited all season for this one shoe update and we saw one court update on next-gen.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 65 DaWolf @ 05/21/14 01:38 PM
Could be placebo but I feel like the controls are a bit tighter and some animations are slowed down. Players dont run around like headless chickens as much as before. Game feels less hectic which is good.

# 66 2_headedmonster @ 05/21/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Could be placebo but I feel like the controls are a bit tighter and some animations are slowed down. Players dont run around like headless chickens as much as before. Game feels less hectic which is good.
I know nothing was really said, but is the cpu choosing to "play physical" less and is the on-ball defense sync'd better?

# 67 nddot @ 05/21/14 02:45 PM
LMAO well done 2k... well done

# 68 lkasprzak @ 05/21/14 03:51 PM
So they didnt fix anything important... oh well....

# 69 tha_show256 @ 05/21/14 04:01 PM
They did do some gameplay tuning as well...this is via of Chris Manning's twitter, also known as LD2k...he didn't say what was touched on the gameplay update though so...

# 70 CoachDavid @ 05/21/14 04:04 PM
I would like to know if anyone playing after the update noticed they needed to press pass a second time after a collision animation played. I also would like to know if anyone noticed the lack of a steel, jump, or bad inbounds pass after an opponents made basket.
I've, in the past noticed my guy trying to steal the inbounds pass despite him being at half court.

# 71 wallofhate @ 05/21/14 05:04 PM
Sorry if it sounds stupid but how does a person know if the update got downloaded? I never got prompted for one and I hope it's right about the shoes coming later and gameplay tweaks also

# 72 regroc88 @ 05/21/14 05:43 PM
did yall fix the Higtlights after the game.

# 73 JasonWilliams55 @ 05/21/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regroc88
did yall fix the Higtlights after the game.
no, after a 12 min game, highlights and pog dont show still

# 74 regroc88 @ 05/21/14 06:13 PM
nope they didn't fix the Highlights after the GAme !!! Come On 2k

# 75 Noel. @ 05/21/14 07:31 PM
2K is really doing a poor job on this.

Its a new low for them, sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 76 hawley088 @ 05/21/14 07:56 PM

# 77 DJ_Solis @ 05/21/14 08:01 PM
Dude, you're overthinking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 78 vidalmoore @ 05/21/14 08:09 PM
I've actually noticed a difference in the gameplay this patch, I Just played The okc thunder on hof sim (cpu) and I noticed Durant coming off screens
catching and shooting Rather than recklessly attacking the basket all the time. Also I'm happy to say that im seeing alot of pull up jumpers from
the cpu something i didn't see before.

# 79 SPRINGS03 @ 05/21/14 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
They did do some gameplay tuning as well...this is via of Chris Manning's twitter, also known as LD2k...he didn't say what was touched on the gameplay update though so...
Well that's dumb, why would he be so vague about it?

# 80 datruth251 @ 05/21/14 08:28 PM
Same here. Just played a game against the Knicks and Melo was doing a lot of scoring out of the triple threat, posting up, and pull-up jumpers. Also coming off screens shooting jumpers where as in the past he barely would put up 15 shots a game playing 12 min quarters.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.