Home
Project CARS News Post

Slightly Mad Studios has just announced Project CARS will feature the Indianapolis 500.

Quote:
Players will be able to experience the thrill of driving a 700hp open-wheeler inside the world’s most famous oval as Project CARS will feature a true to life virtual version of the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway venue. Aside from offering an exciting place for action-packed multiplayer races and quick race events, the Indy 500 will also become a integral part of Project CARS’ career mode.

To go along with the track, players will be given access to all cars and drivers of the 2015 IndyCar Series season, featuring the series’ Dallara-built DW12 open wheeler. Powered by 2.2l V6 turbo-charged engines from different manufacturers, the DW12 is used by all IndyCar teams in various configurations for both oval and road-racing.

As Project CARS strives to provide the most authentic racing experience possible, all aspects of modern American open wheel racing will be accurately featured within the game, including asymmetrical setups, the IndyCar Series’ push to pass feature as well as proper oval racing rules.

They also released some new Project CARS PS4 screenshots, you can see here. The game ships in November for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, Wii U & PC.

Project CARS screenshot gallery - Click to view Project CARS screenshot gallery - Click to view Project CARS screenshot gallery - Click to view Project CARS screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 05/23/14 11:37 AM
This game sounds and looks amazing. Wow.

# 2 bluengold34_OS @ 05/23/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This game sounds and looks amazing. Wow.
No doubt - with every new announcement my excitement level goes higher

# 3 pj_28 @ 05/23/14 12:53 PM
I was very skeptical of this game when I first heard about it, but now that it is getting closer to release I'm nothing but excited. They have really changed my opinion over the past few months.

# 4 jaosming @ 05/23/14 01:12 PM
This is what sold me

Day/Weather cycles are sped up

# 5 OPDriver @ 05/24/14 09:47 PM
Gonna be a day 1 purchase for me. Can't wait for a good racer on the PS4.

# 6 Shaffer26 @ 05/25/14 12:51 PM
Wow, can't freaking wait for this!

# 7 lnin0 @ 05/26/14 02:58 PM
Nice sky box

# 8 Cyros @ 05/26/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No doubt - with every new announcement my excitement level goes higher
We getting the old Legends Racing league back together?

# 9 bluengold34_OS @ 05/26/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
We getting the old Legends Racing league back together?
That's the intention Sir -

# 10 Shaffer26 @ 05/27/14 08:06 PM
Just so I get this straight, will their be like an IndyCar season or something similar? I've been wanting that for a long time and I just don't want to get my hopes up haha.

# 11 ZB9 @ 06/09/14 04:12 PM
So then the rumor that I heard of Chevy not being in the game MUST be false considering Indy Car consists of strictly Chevy and Honda.

# 12 H0VADIP0 @ 06/09/14 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
So then the rumor that I heard of Chevy not being in the game MUST be false considering Indy Car consists of strictly Chevy and Honda.
Chevy and Honda motors. Dallara chassis. They could just not specify the engine in the car and only worry about the chassis.

# 13 ZB9 @ 06/11/14 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0VADIP0
Chevy and Honda motors. Dallara chassis. They could just not specify the engine in the car and only worry about the chassis.

good point..i hope not though

# 14 H0VADIP0 @ 06/12/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
good point..i hope not though
I'm not even worried about the motors all that much. I've just been waiting for a legit IndyCar game (or game featuring IndyCar in this case) since I got into the sport, which was like 2001. Never got the chance to play the IndyCar Series game that came out around 2005.

# 15 thewolverines24 @ 06/12/14 12:14 PM
This is awesome. Please tell me it is going to include the full 33 car field for the Indy 500? I will be really disappointed if it's like a 15 car field. Including all the drivers gets my hopes up for the full 33.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.