Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Ok, after much anticipation we finally have the OSFM Hybrid roster ready for release.

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game.

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings not including Pitch Edits - they will be included in V2.

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

Players Ratings have not been updated yet - that will be included in V2.1, so players like Solarte, Bettances, Melky Cabrera, Mark Buerhle to name a few will have lower ratings then you would expect based on their performances so far this season.

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this and if you want the version with Pitch Edits it will be completed and released ASAP.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V1.............psn Crapinmyshoe

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/27/14 07:54 PM
Thanks!!!!

# 2 Mrmagoo @ 05/27/14 07:55 PM
Thank you to all that helped in this project!! It really is appreciated! Just grabbed it n gave it a thumbs up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

# 3 Willard76 @ 05/27/14 07:56 PM
Before anyone complains about it, if you did not follow our previous thread, there were some issues with Batting Averages in the game this year.

I will release a set of slider suggestions to make to create good gameplay as well as help the sim stats.

You will find and this is the same in every roster I downloaded and tested, the for some reason Batting Averages and RBI's seemed a bit low. Also more players then I remember in the past had career high and low years on every test we did.

What I can tell you is the following.

Pitcher K/9 and BB/9 match up with what was projected

Hitter's BB/PA and K/PA also match up with what was projected.

What is happening I found is many batting balls in play are outs - although with the defense changes this has dropped.

Unfortunately everything that can be done has been and the same results came when using the default roster.

# 4 ggabriel @ 05/27/14 07:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for their time and effort on this!

# 5 Future Spartan @ 05/27/14 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the hard work put into release.

Anyone going to be using these rosters for an Online league? I want to get one going.

# 6 Willard76 @ 05/27/14 07:59 PM
For those wondering - V2 will be a duplicate of this release with Pitch Edits done as well as updated transactions to the time of release.

Shortly after that I will release V2.1 which will basically be the same release as V2 but with hair and beard corrections for the Ps4

# 7 ch46647 @ 05/27/14 08:01 PM
Members like all of you are what make this site special.

# 8 Mattchu12 @ 05/27/14 08:06 PM
Thanks again, guys! You really do make the best rosters available, and all of your hard work is greatly appreciated!

# 9 BEasy20 @ 05/27/14 08:10 PM
Do you have your slider suggestions made already or are you just beginning to do those? also will you be posting it in here or on the slider part of the forum?

# 10 PleasedToMeetMe @ 05/27/14 08:15 PM
I only have to say 2 words:

THANK YOU

# 11 Willard76 @ 05/27/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Do you have your slider suggestions made already or are you just beginning to do those? also will you be posting it in here or on the slider part of the forum?
Slider Suggestions - of course everyone can play around to find what they like - I am actually heading out the door and don't have my PS on, but this is what I remember - similar to last year

All sliders not mentioned leave at 5 or default - do the same for both player and CPU

Contact - 6
Power - 6 or 7
Solid Hits - 4-6
Starter Stamina - 7
Reliever Stamina - 2
Manager Hook - 6 or 7

I am sure we are going to find a perfect set through everyone trying different things - if you have suggestions - please share

# 12 giantsteps @ 05/27/14 08:29 PM
Thanks for the hard work Willard and co.

Willard: Did you get a chance to put together tips for 30 team control/keeping lineups accurate during franchises?

# 13 Shock1011 @ 05/27/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies
Is there someone releasing an Opening Day roster of these?
Yes, Totte is doing a set but I believe he's waiting for pitch edits so its a complete roster

# 14 wisdom less13 @ 05/27/14 08:34 PM
Fiekding ratings are confusing me. Juan Lagares a 46, to Bobby Abreu's 83? Is it posistion based? These look tits otherwise.

# 15 Mattchu12 @ 05/27/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
Fiekding ratings are confusing me. Juan Lagares a 46, to Bobby Abreu's 83? Is it posistion based? These look tits otherwise.
Not to step on anyone's toes here, but my understanding is that ALL of the ratings are weighted by position, hence the odd looking overalls. Just what I'm to understand, not 100% on it, but pretty sure.

# 16 mgcst5 @ 05/27/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
Not to step on anyone's toes here, but my understanding is that ALL of the ratings are weighted by position, hence the odd looking overalls. Just what I'm to understand, not 100% on it, but pretty sure.

I believe he was referring specifically to the fielding rating. Not the overall

# 17 wisdom less13 @ 05/27/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
The overalls don't bother me at all. I prefer them lower. I know fielding has a lot to do with overall as well, but Lagares is a bit of a studd with the leather.

# 18 jeschafer_1 @ 05/27/14 08:43 PM
Willard, thanks so much everything looks great and I am loving them as I play them right now. The one question I do have though is what base set is this off of? Is it the OSFM v1 or v2? Cause I do not see Reese McGuire for the Pirates on here and I know that he wasn't included in the v1 but he was added in v2. Kinda bummed that he is not included in these as he is one of there top prospects, but it's not a big deal I will just import him over someone else. Thanks again

# 19 wisdom less13 @ 05/27/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcst5
I believe he was referring specifically to the fielding rating. Not the overall
I was. I just want a better understanding as I see he has 82 speed. I assume that it could have something to do with it?

# 20 Dienerbird55 @ 05/27/14 08:53 PM
Yankee OF prospect Mason Williams is suppose to Bat Lefty and Throw Righty. Right now in game, it's the other way around. I noticed that from the original OSFM rosters though. Just mentioning in case anyone wants to fix it. Love how these look though! Starting my franchise now!

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.