Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The OSFM Hybrid V2 is now released and in the Vault - I have included the description of the roster from the V1 thread below with some updates.

Version 2.1a has been placed in the Vault, called OSFM Hybrid 2014 v.2.1a

It is a slight ratings tweak with +5 added to discipline thanks to Waittilnextyear who came across and found this - it basically get most offensive categories as close to real life as you could want

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game. It is also based off of Knight's OSFM Player Ratings Charts

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings including pitch type, control and velocity updates using Seanjeezy's pitch edits

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

NEW players updates were included in this roster with the exception of pitchers at this time - aprx 200 updates were applied in this release

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our ratings spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations
authentic - ran the pitch edits
Iliveforthis - also on pitch edits
Waittilnextyear - assisted in running a ton of tests and finding/compiling needed corrections
Seanjeezy - his pitch edits make those possible

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

Note it is recommended that you play this roster with 30 Team Control - more info to be included shortly

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V2.............psn Crapinmyshoe

How to use 30 team control is below

You set you profile up as you want - I tend to leave the banking and crap at auto but any player stuff is set to manual

Setting 2 should be set up as follows

Manual Control - 40 man roster, lineups, trades, waivers, rosters

Auto Control - Banking, Training, Management, Transportation

You can go into Gameplay setting and change injuries on both profiles to manual if you want to do the injuries yourself, off or CPU

I tend to do manual to start the year and disable any players out for the season

If you want to let the CPU make trades - when you start your franchise put CPU trading on but also turn off instant trades - check the transactions in your franchise every day - skim through and cancel any stupid trades the CPU wants to make.

Remember you can change on of the player 2 or your own settings anytime during your franchise

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Willard76 @ 05/29/14 08:58 PM
Recommended sliders for this Roster
thanks to jschef

Human contact - 7
Human power - 6
Human timing - 5
Stride difficulty - 5
Human foul - 2
Human solid hits - 3
Human starter stamina - 7
Human reliever stamina - 2
Human control - 7
Human consistency - 8
CPU contact - 7
CPU power - 6
CPU timing - 5
CPU foul - 2
CPU solid hits - 3
CPU starter stamina - 7
CPU reliever stamina 2
CPU pitcher control - 3
CPU pitcher consistency - 4
CPU strike frequency - 3
CPU manager hook - 6
CPU pickoffs - 5
Pitch speed - 6
Fielding errors - 6
Throwing errors - 6
Fielder run speed - 3
Fielder reaction - 7
Fielder arm strength - 5
Baserunner speed - 4
Baserunner steal ability - 4
Baserunner steal frequency - 4
Wind - 5
Injury frequency - 6

# 2 PleasedToMeetMe @ 05/29/14 09:02 PM
Great, thank you. Will try it out now.

# 3 Willard76 @ 05/29/14 09:09 PM
I will say it right now - not everything is perfect to what everyone will want - this roster is based off preseason projections and updated based on hitters performances this year.

Defense has been reviewed from V1

Pitch Edits have been happened

In tests I had as many as 22 hitters over .290, 11 over .300 and about 6 at .299

I have discovered through far too many tests that you get varied results each time you simulate - but the important thing is we are only off by a few points in league Batting Averages.

This is the roster I am going to use myself - hope all enjoy this!

# 4 Willard76 @ 05/29/14 09:10 PM
I am heading to my Ps4 now to make some beard and hair adjustments - I will share that as V2a

# 5 jmurphy @ 05/29/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I am heading to my Ps4 now to make some beard and hair adjustments - I will share that as V2a
when might that drop?

# 6 Willard76 @ 05/29/14 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy
when might that drop?
Honestly I am not sure - I just want to enjoy the game a bit - if someone wants to volunteer to do that, we have a good list to work from

# 7 Coper3000 @ 05/29/14 09:15 PM
Many thanks to all for the work put in. It is very much appreciated.

# 8 shaneomac @ 05/29/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Honestly I am not sure - I just want to enjoy the game a bit - if someone wants to volunteer to do that, we have a good list to work from
I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. You deserve it! I'm glad I could contribute if even in a small way.

# 9 URBYJT @ 05/29/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
I agree. Let's all shut up and play. haha

# 10 Willard76 @ 05/29/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac
I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. You deserve it! I'm glad I could contribute if even in a small way.
Every little bit helped - trust me

# 11 Shock1011 @ 05/29/14 09:25 PM
wooooooooooooooo

# 12 htamosan @ 05/29/14 09:25 PM
The new game has come !!

I am grateful for your stunning work !!!

# 13 The Kid 24 @ 05/29/14 09:28 PM
Is using those sliders a must?

Sent from my LG G2

# 14 IK720 @ 05/29/14 09:28 PM
Thanks for all the hard work! Just one question. What difficulty do you play with those sliders? Or does it not matter? Thanks!

# 15 davis25 @ 05/29/14 09:30 PM
Lets finally start our franchises!!!!! Thanks all, its been a blast, I cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 davis25 @ 05/29/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
Thanks for all the hard work! Just one question. What difficulty do you play with those sliders? Or does it not matter? Thanks!

I play on dynamic difficulty, it starts you low, rookie level hitting and pitching but as you hit and pitch better it will move you up to veteran all star etc!

# 17 ReturnoftheTmac @ 05/29/14 09:41 PM
Nice work. Can't play the game until some in depth rosters are out. Really appreciate it. Just curious is Seanjeezy still going to be doing any pitch edits and if not just curious where the info for pitch edits and velocity etc. came from.

# 18 Scott @ 05/29/14 09:42 PM
Any recommended sliders for Quick Counts?

# 19 Scott @ 05/29/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
Nice work. Can't play the game until some in depth rosters are out. Really appreciate it. Just curious is Seanjeezy still going to be doing any pitch edits and if not just curious where the info for pitch edits and velocity etc. came from.

These are from seanjeezy

# 20 BEasy20 @ 05/29/14 09:47 PM
I saw it linked yesterday but cant find it right now. If anyone knows the thread guiding you how on 30 team control can you relink it? thanks

« Previous1234567892324Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.