Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LingeringRegime @ 06/02/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
If you're talking about my stream, I have no idea how to play and the cpu doesn't help either. Same old cpu super aggressive spamming power punches.

I'm sure it'll be better playing humans, but this game isn't fun against cpu. Animations are weak as well
No I wasn't talking about your stream. I was watching some others before I watched yours.

I just watched yours just now, and I saw that you had CPU vs. CPU set up.

I hope that there will be a setting to make it more realistic. The CPU does seem way too aggressive.

# 22 mikenoob @ 06/02/14 10:13 PM
Not sure how to sprint either. I rocked gustaffson and he stumbled backwards across the mat. I would have chased him, but I ended up just straddling towards him.

# 23 Cpre5 @ 06/02/14 10:17 PM
nm, fixed it

# 24 aholbert32 @ 06/02/14 10:18 PM
+ CPU pushes the pace but the more I play it the more I see its manageable. If you move and land strikes, the CPU will back off. If you defend, the CPU will back off also because its stamina is draining. If you stand in front of the CPU and fire punches, the CPU will fire back.

+ Stamina is apparently better on higher difficulties so its not a concern to me. Its not that bad on Easy.

- Same issue as mikenoob, I dont think there is a sprint button which is ****ing ridiculous.

- Realized I'm already playing on accelerated clock so getting to a decision may be tough. Especially in stand up fights. Ground battles are more likely to go to decision.

+ Presentation elements are incredible.

# 25 aholbert32 @ 06/02/14 10:29 PM
+ Cant defend Jones' takedowns for the life of me.
+ Love the highlight package they show before a decision. Shows highlights of all three rounds.

- Typical EA BS: They dont read the cards at the end of a decision. They just say "The winner by Unanimous Decision: Jon Jones". Same **** has been in EA games forever. It was in the fight night series. It kills the drama of a decision.

- Crowd sounds great during a fight but is eerily quiet in between rounds and during the decision

# 26 LingeringRegime @ 06/02/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
+ Cant defend Jones' takedowns for the life of me.
+ Love the highlight package they show before a decision. Shows highlights of all three rounds.

- Typical EA BS: They dont read the cards at the end of a decision. They just say "The winner by Unanimous Decision: Jon Jones". Same **** has been in EA games forever. It was in the fight night series. It kills the drama of a decision.

- Crowd sounds great during a fight but is eerily quiet in between rounds and during the decision
SMH. Why can't they change this? I have put that on so many wishlists.

# 27 m1ke_nyc @ 06/02/14 10:35 PM
Did anyone quit the tutorial and see that ? awesome

# 28 LingeringRegime @ 06/02/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
I don't know why they won't get rid of that nonsense.

Anyway, I like what I'm hearing so far. Now if Sony would update their store
Sony updates their store somewhere between 5 PM and 6:30 PM (EST) on Tuesday. We won't be getting the demo until tomorrow, unless you make a UK account.

# 29 djblue @ 06/02/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
I don't know why they won't get rid of that nonsense.

Anyway, I like what I'm hearing so far. Now if Sony would update their store
Just make a UK PSN account. That's what I did and I'm downloading it now !

# 30 aholbert32 @ 06/02/14 10:46 PM
+ I saw somebody post on EA's forums (which I'm never going back to after release) that grappling was simple but it isnt at all. Once you learn how to do it, its actually kind of awesome. Its WAY more realistic than UFC 3.

In UFC 3, each transition took really one move on the stick. One move took you from side control to mount etc. In EA UFC, each transition is actually two moves. For example, if I'm in half guard and I do a stick rotation, you will see me use my leg to free my other leg to move into side control. The next stick rotation will move me into side control. Thats how it works in real life. Also, that first step gives my opponent a chance to react and block my transition.

Its also stamina based so if you have no stamina even if you block I can still advance.

# 31 aholbert32 @ 06/02/14 10:53 PM
Small praises/complaints:

- No touching gloves button. That was in EA MMA so no excuse for that.

+ figured out how to push someone against the cage and the cage work is well done. I was able to hold Gus against the cage for 2 minutes straight by striking and stalling.

- Cant even see the scorecards after the fight so I have no idea whether I lost 29-28 or 30-26.

-Brittney Palmer looks off but Arianny looks like she was scanned.

+ Lighting looks incredible. I really cant complain at all about the graphics. Interested to see if it looks better or worse on PS4.

- Dont love Jones being able to do a cartwheel kick.

# 32 mikenoob @ 06/02/14 10:53 PM
Finally got Jones to tap by gogoplata in the first round, can't stop his takedowns though

# 33 m1ke_nyc @ 06/02/14 11:04 PM
Sometimes I find strikes are not as responsive. I find myself going for counter punches but the fighter never pulls the trigger. Plays good though. Tomorrow i'll dig deep into it.

# 34 How High @ 06/02/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Finally got Jones to tap by gogoplata in the first round, can't stop his takedowns though
Gus pulled off a gogo? -_-

# 35 mikenoob @ 06/02/14 11:06 PM
Probably wasn't that lol, i think it ended in plata though. I'm a newbie at mma. Can't remember what the commentator said.

# 36 mbrancato157 @ 06/02/14 11:26 PM
Wow I suck at this game lol

# 37 CaliDude916 @ 06/03/14 12:04 AM
I tried to make a UK account but every time I try to sign in it says "cannot sign in using another player's i.d." Any idea?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW!

# 38 p_rushing @ 06/03/14 12:09 AM
I'll just wait until tomorrow for PS4. I don't want to like the game anyways as I have some backlogged games I need to finish, plus the show and watch dogs.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 39 mbrancato157 @ 06/03/14 12:10 AM
This game is everything I hoped for and so much more. As long as online play is not laggy, this is early contender for Sports game of the year

# 40 Toma @ 06/03/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrancato157
You have to log in to you european account on the playstation website and download it from the website, atleast thats what I had to do
Where do i go to download it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.