Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 601 Phobia @ 06/12/14 01:07 PM
The only way full 5 min rounds will last to take full advantage of the stamina, will be in the AI strike output is lowered much more.

# 602 aholbert32 @ 06/12/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Wait, has this been confirmed? Because that's really really bad if true, but I'm 90% sure it isn't true.
Its confirmed.

# 603 vpizzle28 @ 06/12/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its confirmed.
That is fine by me. I always use CAF anyway.

# 604 Creezey @ 06/12/14 02:38 PM
So I've spent a good few days playing the demo on the PS4. My impressions are from more of a casual outside perspective as I've admittedly just suddenly got interested in the UFC and MMA fighting in general. I've never played any of the prior MMA games as well. I've got UFC preordered, and this will be my first entry.

Firstly - the graphics. Certainly decent. Next-gen? I don't know. I come from computer gaming, and I've always kept my hardware up to date to be able to run most games on high(ish) settings. To be honest - I've never felt even the best looking console games can look as good as a maxed out computer game. When I picked up The Show this year for my PS4, I was very pleased with the graphics and the presentation. UFC is definitely up to that level if not just plain better looking. The blood, the sweat, the body deformation.. blah blah blah. It makes the virtual fights believable - and to me that's what matters.

So the gameplay. I haven't in the past followed the UFC nor MMA.. so I suppose this more of a gamer's impression, but... I like it. Now I do see a lot of AI aggressiveness in the demo no matter whom I choose. Wildly throwing strikes to the point of stamina drain, leaving the AI open for counters and possibly KOs. That may be directly related to the AI setting restricted to Easy in the demo. The striking, to me at least, feels good. Hits have force, and each strike carries weight. The stamina drain affects the force. At full drain you're throwing wet paper bags. Sometimes if both fighters are doing fancy strikes simultaneously there's some strange as hell physics going on but whatever - it's pretty rare.

It seems like I'm having to defend truckloads of takedown attempts. At first I kept getting my *** thrown to the canvas, but now I seem to have a pretty good eye for it and have gotten better at defending it. The clinches and the groundwork is where I need better understanding of the game and of MMA in general. I understand the different positions somewhat, and how to get there.. but I find myself still swinging that right stick around like an idiot. I also need to figure out how the stamina plays a part in being able to advance, reverse, etc. The back side mount, or the sprawl positions I have not been able to get myself into. I suppose that may be only possible from clinch takedown positions? I'm not sure.

One thing I am excited about is the UFC Career mode. For some reason, I've always enjoyed these types of game modes in sports games. NBA 2k, The Show series, and now UFC. Should be fun! Sorry for the lengthy post - but felt like if I was going to give an impression, OS is definitely the place to post it.

Come Tuesday, if anyone wants to get into some friendly scraps on the PS4 or teach a newcomer a thing or two - feel free to add me on PS4. Same PSN: Creezey.

Also, quick question: is the stacked guard initiated by the top fighter, or the bottom? It seems to happen randomly and I can't figure out how the fighters are getting there.

# 605 Benz87 @ 06/13/14 07:04 PM
The more I've played the demo, the more I have began to enjoy my experience. There are still some things that I just can't believe are put in this game as an honest attempt at representing MMA. Who at EA would possibly have the idea that after a fighter gets KO'd, the referee should just extend his hand and help him off the ground, only to have the fighter walk away like nothing happened. Things like that make me think some of the guys who worked on this game for EA have never seen an MMA fight in their life.

# 606 Swamp Swagger @ 06/14/14 10:10 AM
So, guessing you didn't get the game yesterday aholbert?

I've been anxious

# 607 jeremym480 @ 06/14/14 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
So, guessing you didn't get the game yesterday aholbert?

I've been anxious
He got it on Thursday. Check out the retail impressions thread

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

# 608 Swamp Swagger @ 06/14/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
He got it on Thursday. Check out the retail impressions thread

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Dang didn't know that. I just kept this topic tracked an didn't bother to check the others

Thanks

# 609 bigeastbumrush @ 06/15/14 06:09 PM
Shoot me, but I like the demo. Really like it.

My guess from scanning posts in this thread is that the hardcore MMA fans have serious issues with this game and the casual MMA fans (like myself) are enjoying the experience.

It's my first time playing UFC and the controls do take awhile to get used to (struggling with my stand up defense).

The stamina is definitely an issue. And it is a button masher on these demo settings.

But I'm having a blast playing this game, even when I lose.

Preordered the digital retail version today and I can't wait for Tuesday.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.