Home
News Post

Americans seem to tire quickly of the status quo and there are few things we love more than seeing the guy at the top get torn down. Oh, and we also love sports.

Combine these three aspects and you have a recipe for a surplus of disdain for the two-time defending NBA champions, the Miami Heat.

I was only a kid when Michael Jordan and Co. went on their incredible runs during the 1990's -- but I don't recall the resounding hate for the Bulls like we're seeing with the Heat. At the time it seemed as if America loved to see the dynasty thrive and the greatest of all time continuously claim his crown.

Sound Off: Why does America dislike the Miami Heat?

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
LeBron didn't do much to increase the effectiveness of his Cleveland teammates. He didn't set screens or move without the ball. The opposing defense knew he was always going to be put in a screen/roll up top and they loaded up on him.

C'mon AB, you know good and well that Cleveland team couldn't afford to play LeBron off the ball anymore than what they did.

Definitely do not agree he didn't increase the effectiveness of his teammates either.. He had Gibson, Sasha, and Gooden all playing at a starters level, 3 guys who a few years later don't even have jobs in the league anymore. Propelled Mo Williams from a bench guard to an All-Star. The only player who didn't elevate his game paired with LeBron was Hughes. Who Mike Brown often played out of position, and let him go iso whenever he wanted which led to contested jumper after contested jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 Lakers24win @ 06/04/14 04:29 PM
I don't hate the heat or lebron. When they came together as a team it was completely legal and there choice.. But what people forget is that they conspired there contracts to be up at the same time while they were still with there current teams for that perticular summer.. Which means they were planning to team up while claiming to be all in for there current teams.. And I must say that is pretty sleazy

# 23 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 04:32 PM
Jordan was a total jackass on and off the court. Let's not get hypocritical lol.

Plus he only bolded one part of your first post when making his reply.

# 24 OkayC @ 06/04/14 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
It's EVERYTHING about them.

-The team is a bunch of prima-donna, 'look-at-me', d-bags.

-Even the PA guy is a loud-mouthed, arrogant, annoying ****stick.

-They found a "loophole" in the system to team up.

-They also get ring-chasers helping out.

-The amount of egregious bull**** calls they receive during the playoffs is an absolute travesty.

-The 'prison-ball' defense they're allowed to play.

-The suck-***, blowhard Miami media that is constantly swinging from their junk.

-But more importantly and probably the biggest reason a ton of people hate them, is because of their arrogant, mouthy, douchey, front-running, pathetic fanbase. If LeBron were to leave, that gym would be completely empty on a nightly basis.

Simply can't wait until they're done. THAT'S when you'll see the REAL Heat fans. All 7 of them.
The only thing I disagree with is the foul thing, in playoff time, they don't really get calls, they just get away with them.

Your sentiments mirror mine, though mine aren't quite as, umm, angry as yours are. I feel the way you do but to a lesser extent, i guess you could say.

For me, i actually don't even really hate lebron, im just indifferent about him. I like his approach to the game as a player, but in the media, every now and again he says things that make me completely facepalm. I think my biggest knock on him is he comes off as a little whiny and entitled at times(and this attitude is a pet peeve of mine with people in general). But overall i got no animosity or hate or whatever towards lebron himself. He seems like a cool dude off the court with a passion for the game of basketball.

My tendency to root against miami comes from a place of simply not liking the players themselves. wade, ray allen, chalmers, battier on occasion, and bosh(depending on what hes playing like that day). Are really where most of my dislike comes from for the team as a whole. Of course i also can't stand those heat fans that are super arrogant and act as if any player or team that isn't the heat is irrelevant. But even with the fans, any dislike i hold for the small majority comes from experience i had with friends, family, and forum members of other forums that act this way. the bandwagonners themselves don't bug me because i know that in 2 years from now they'll be back on the laker or clipper or knicks, or bulls bandwagon. In all i don't hate miami per se, but i do have my issues with them.

If there is anything i do hate, its the fact that anyone who dislikes miami for any reason often gets put in the "troll" or "*****" group. especailly when the building of the big three is brought up, I personally don't care about it, but i don't think people should be condemned for disliking the forming of this squad, no matter however many teams in nba history did it before.

OS blocked the word H a t e r?

# 25 JODYE @ 06/04/14 05:04 PM
Three, From one Bulls fan to another, just let it go man.

# 26 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 05:14 PM
How is LeBron a jackass off the court though. For the most part he's considered one of the better guys in the league in that aspect.

# 27 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 05:17 PM
Quote:
guy was one of the most well-spoken, well-respected athletes of his time.

Aside from the people who just openly hate LeBron just to hate LeBron, how is he not the exact same?

# 28 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 05:17 PM
Quote:
LeBron really isn't, a lot of his teammates are though.

Explain how???

# 29 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 05:25 PM
Y'all still listening to ThreeKing when it comes to Miami and Michael "Gandhi" Jordan?

Come on oj, don't feed the trolls man.

# 30 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 05:30 PM
The LeBron thread has been open for a few years now and people have constantly praised how good of a guy he is. You can search through it right now and find guys who will come out and say "I don't like LeBron but he seems like a great guy" with links and whatever else you wanna find. I know he doesn't like LeBron but he's just talking **** from his *** right now lol. Nobody, other than him now, has even mentioned anything about him being a jackass off the court from what I've seen..

He even freakin trains with and mentors his rivals, like KD and PG, because he wants them to become better as well. Idk, smh.

# 31 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
The LeBron thread has been open for a few years now and people have constantly praised how good of a guy he is. You can search through it right now and find guys who will come out and say "I don't like LeBron but he seems like a great guy" with links and whatever else you wanna find. I know he doesn't like LeBron but he's just talking **** from his *** right now lol. Nobody, other than him now, has even mentioned anything about him being a jackass off the court from what I've seen..

He even freakin trains with and mentors his rivals, like KD and PG, because he wants them to become better as well. Idk, smh.

I just knew this thread would go bad man. King, 13, Nathan, sky are all good dudes who loved MJ but man when Three starts posting about MJ you'd think he cured cancer and **** pure gold.

LeBron is one of the most humble stars there's been, you never see him attacking other guys first in the media or on the court, he really lets his game do the talking

# 32 carvis#15 @ 06/04/14 05:36 PM
Say what you want, LeBron James is known as the best player in the NBA today. What we think doesn't mean jack. Kids look up to him, and haters..."dislike" him.

# 33 SiRRreal @ 06/04/14 05:40 PM
I really can't understand what all of the hate is for. Was it a bad choice to do the show about his decision? Of course it was but why do people hate that he left Cleveland for Miami when he earned the right to do that. It's not like he didn't honor his contract and forced Cleveland to trade him. He fulfilled his obligation to the team and then made the choice that was best for him and his career. Why should he have stayed loyal to them when we all know that once a team has no use for a player they get rid of him. Who cares that he and D-Wade decided to play together? i hope that we're not that naive to believe that it hasn't happened before or that it won't happen again. Bottom line is that it's about winning and they did what they thought was necessary for that to happen.

# 34 hikwelity @ 06/04/14 05:40 PM
People don't hate the Heat, they hate the people in their city who all of a sudden became Heat fans when the Heat got LeBron. As with any good team, people hate the bandwagoners for that team in their own city, and just wish those people would go away.

# 35 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 05:42 PM
It's doesn't have anything to do with being a fan is the thing. Jordan has always been my favorite player of all time too, I looked up to him when I was younger as more than a basketball player he was basically my role model, super hero if you wanna call it that. The Bulls were obviously who I wanted to win every year, and I'm glad they could. I defended Jordan against comments like these up until the day he retired, the same as I now do LeBron.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to use Jordan to have a biased opinion on every other star who comes into the league. Or to bring down what LeBron does, or somehow let me being a Michael Jordan fan make me a LeBron James *****. That's just ridiculous.

# 36 The 24th Letter @ 06/04/14 05:43 PM
Lol I knew this thread would get interesting...

I don't hate the Heat (don't quote me on that, this might change after this
Finals). How they got together doesn't bother me other than the parade. That was 4 years ago though, I'm over it. I like the way the play the game and they are entertaining to watch...

Like I said in another thread, has their road to the finals been completely non competitive, I may feel differently...but no hate here...

# 37 VDusen04 @ 06/04/14 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
LeBron is one of the most humble stars there's been, you never see him attacking other guys first in the media or on the court, he really lets his game do the talking
I've already stated as to why I do not root for the Miami Heat to be victorious (cliff notes: I felt their Dream Team stacking was overkill and served a serious blow to the idea of competition) but I believe others (again, not me) may feel some of his public displays suggest he is not as humble as one may assert. I think he could do some of the things he does just to get a rise out of folks, but it's tough to know for sure.

Earned not given is a tough statement to convey to non-Heat fans, considering the construction of a super team. But again, that's not really my issue. Perhaps I should stick to only speaking for myself (for which I did on pages 2 and 3 of this thread).

# 38 Brooke2011 @ 06/04/14 05:44 PM
I think most people dislike the Heat because of lebron. Not because of his confidence or his so called arrogance , but the fact that through all of the nitpicking and scrutiny , this guy actually turned out to be better than people had imagined. And I think in the end ,the haters are the one's that have a hard time swallowing humble pie.
I think most fans that hate Lebron also fear lebron.

# 39 The 24th Letter @ 06/04/14 05:45 PM
wasn't that "Check my stats" picture form 2009? Geez.

# 40 VDusen04 @ 06/04/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
wasn't that "Check my stats" picture form 2009? Geez.
I am unsure if you read my post alongside. To assist, the post I initially quoted referenced LeBron being very humble. My response was to cite what sort of things may lead some folks to believe otherwise. My apologies if this was unclear. The "check my stats" was the first visual that came to mind.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.