Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of Madison Square Garden and Joe Louis Arena.

As many people have pointed out via Twitter and in the comments section, we have more referees! 2 linesmen, 2 referees and look at the scratches on the glass at MSG!

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 enice128 @ 06/04/14 04:38 PM
Wow, very impressed especially with MSG's recent renovations just this season! It's gonna be great to finally play in MSG & not just simply "NY arena" (or whatever it used to say generically).....cannot wait for this game! http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1..._600/image.jpg

# 2 huntt26 @ 06/04/14 04:41 PM
WOW.

There is even scratches on the glass of the Madison Square Garden shot!

# 3 GoBlue848 @ 06/04/14 04:42 PM
Looks great! Good to see four referees on the ice!

# 4 njdevils14 @ 06/04/14 04:43 PM
Wow, still early, but I have some high hopes for this game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 5 csamuelsvt @ 06/04/14 04:44 PM
Finally two linesmen and two refs!! Beautiful looking game!

# 6 FBeaule04 @ 06/04/14 04:56 PM
If the Ai in this game gets the same attention as the arenas, I might start talking positively about that game for the first time since a while. It looks amazing, plain and simple.

# 7 jyoung @ 06/04/14 05:04 PM
Nice to see the octopus hanging in the rafters.

# 8 munky1307 @ 06/04/14 05:12 PM
Hard not to be impressed with the scratches on the plexiglass in that New York screenshot. Looking forward to more info

# 9 dlxsf18 @ 06/04/14 05:12 PM
Nice. Hopefully they show some exterior shots as well, I actually find those more impressive.

One thing still missing from the arenas is netting around the rink, would like to see them add that in.

# 10 Wiggy @ 06/04/14 05:21 PM
Scratches in the plexiglass are great.

Also: four officials! Finally.

# 11 ericromain @ 06/04/14 05:29 PM
The crowd looks fantastic as well as the ice surface. Four officials is exciting too. This is going to be such eye candy.

Perhaps i'm too picky, but i have to wonder why EA NHL posts an article boasting Authentic arenas when it focuses on a Joe Louis Arena that has had these exact same incorrect banners since NHL 10. They aren't the correct design and don't display individual years of the championships, not too mention they don't even have Lidstrom's #5 hanging.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they aren't perfect, but why release this about authenticity when so much of what i can see is inauthentic?

# 12 spidertour02 @ 06/04/14 05:37 PM
I know it's an EA screenshot, but ... damn, that MSG image is GORGEOUS.

Hey, wait a second ... I just realized that Madison Square Garden is now confirmed to be in the game, as opposed to a generic "New York Arena." I'm pretty sure that this is the first time it's official.

# 13 giantsharks @ 06/04/14 05:50 PM
Wow looks incredible. Looks on par with how mlb the shows stadiums were rebuilt

# 14 blinkfan77 @ 06/04/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
Nice. Hopefully they show some exterior shots as well, I actually find those more impressive.

One thing still missing from the arenas is netting around the rink, would like to see them add that in.
Good point, it never even crossed my mind that they don't have that. Would be a nice little touch, as long as it doesn't effect the view of the game.

# 15 nhlnut74 @ 06/04/14 05:53 PM
Wow it look awesome and can't wait to see Rexall Place in Edmonton and 4 refs hope they will be used on deciding like no goals or offsides or anything else the ref needs to do

# 16 bwiggy33 @ 06/04/14 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
If the Ai in this game gets the same attention as the arenas, I might start talking positively about that game for the first time since a while. It looks amazing, plain and simple.
Absolutely!

This is the type of stuff that makes a games replay value sky rocket. I'm still just mind blown at how all of a sudden they make drastic changes to arenas like this, but never saw even a touch of it last gen. Whatever though, it finally looks like a dev team that cares. If the on ice gameplay got as much attention as the look of these arenas, this game could be really really good. Those bare EA arenas are finally gone. Also congrats Ranger fans, your arena is finally licensed. Hopefully the Shark Tank will be licensed as well.

# 17 ghettofocker @ 06/04/14 06:15 PM
"This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home."

Sooooo...... is this coming out between now and August?

# 18 Hockeynut99 @ 06/04/14 06:23 PM
OMG 4 refs!!!!! Please 5 man hug!

# 19 Griffey30 @ 06/04/14 06:32 PM
When i first saw the screens I thought they were actual pictures from real life.

# 20 N2J NY @ 06/04/14 06:32 PM
Wow..just looking at these pics you wouldn't even think that this is an EA game. Gameplay is still much more important to me but damn..this looks incredible.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.