Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It looks like we will finally have tattoos in Madden. Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 screenshot of Colin Kaepernick showing off his ink.

UPDATE: Via @EricFisherSBJ

Quote:
Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan.

NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Not trying to be negative, but shouldnt people wait to see if thats really an in game shot before getting excited? Lest we forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWVSwEtJQU

Looks great, but until I see the gameplay with my own eyes, Im not sold.

Not trying to hate, but we have been duped before.
Its been confirmed by OS's Executive Editor MMChrisS that it is an in-game shot.

# 82 bcruise @ 06/05/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is an interesting claim that hopefully doesn't get overlooked. Maybe you could post some actually personal screen shots as examples, for comparison.
Quick and dirty - I'm not really trying to make a point here, just providing some examples (and these certainly aren't perfect recreations of that shot angle and animation):

Bright sunlight (beginning of game):

Less sunlight (late in game):

The lighting really matters. And check out that visor in the 2nd pic - you couldn't even see that much detail in EA's shot.

I'm not sure if I can get the uniform to look too much better though, and it's definitely not the quality of EA's shot.

The one thing other than the lighting I want people to take from these - Depth of Field is a powerful visual effect.

# 83 apollon42 @ 06/05/14 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Quick and dirty - I'm not really trying to make a point here, just providing some examples (and these certainly aren't perfect recreations of that shot angle and animation):

Bright sunlight (beginning of game):

Less sunlight (late in game):

The lighting really matters. And check out that visor in the 2nd pic - you couldn't even see that much detail in EA's shot.

I'm not sure if I can get the uniform to look too much better though, and it's definitely not the quality of EA's shot.

The one thing other than the lighting I want people to take from these - Depth of Field is a powerful visual effect.
That second pic is awesome.

# 84 Aggies7 @ 06/05/14 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
Can't believe so many people thought Madden 25 graphics was acceptable for a next gen sports game, they were just willing to lay back and accept anything Tiburon put in their face. Me including others on here knew better than that!

Everyone has a different taste. I agree I was quite disappointed with the graphic package EA brought to Next Gen especially compared to NBA 2K.

But in all honesty a lot of folks want their yearly NFL fix, and I admit I am one of them. So for us NFL fanatics we have no other choices so you deal with what you get in Madden. It's sad but true.

# 85 CT Pitbull @ 06/05/14 04:37 AM
Its only a screenshot BUT props when props are due it looks much better. And it actually shows us something that we have wanted for years now in tattoos being IN this year. Its about time.

Textures in the uniform as well as the colors look much more realistic as well.

Kaep's arms look a little large to me but this shot, if legit, definitely shows a significant improvement in the details.

# 86 TexasFan2005 @ 06/05/14 05:10 AM
When I first saw this pic, I was excited for about 20 seconds until I opened up the pic comparison thread that shows last year's effort on CK. Now I'm just baffled at how I ever called Madden 25 on Xbox1 even "decent" in the graphics department. I don't even think M25 on next gen consoles looked adequate even if they were actually just ps3/360 games.

But, whatever, that's in the past. Here's to hoping Madden 15 on these new consoles is every bit as good as the OS community hopes it will be.

# 87 kc10785 @ 06/05/14 06:44 AM
Only thing we can hope for is that last year was a straight up port (which it looked like) and they held back to give themselves more time to release a true next gen football game. The screenshot looks great but I'm not getting hype about any EA sports game tell I see game play footage. No practice mode demo or flashy trailer I need to see it in action. This was the first year I bought Madden on 360 and traded it in after 2 months and didn't even bother to buy it on Xbox 1. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a tru next gen football game. Come EA get it right this time around.

# 88 RGiles36 @ 06/05/14 07:07 AM
Impressive.

Madden, in recent history at least, hasn't been a game that emphasizes the details. If we can be optimistic for a moment, maybe this represents a changing of the guard so to speak.

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but I think this [potential] level of detail is what we hoped we'd get when they brought in Kolbe from The Show. Perhaps that acquisition is starting to bear some fruit.

Still things I'm looking out for (signature animations, fixed auto subs, to name a few), but this appears to be a big step in the right direction.

# 89 Artman22 @ 06/05/14 07:17 AM
Screen shot looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 90 Rams_3 @ 06/05/14 07:26 AM
I'm loving the attention to details. As well as the textures. I hope they finally put in mouth guards. If not, oh well can't have it all in one cycle.

# 91 Rams_3 @ 06/05/14 07:27 AM
Colors on point. And that's coming from a Rams fan.

# 92 Blzer @ 06/05/14 08:23 AM
Here's the thing:

The screenshot not only look beyond gorgeous, but I'm also fine with assuming that this is an in-game screenshot. However, one thing that's really impressing me is the look of the jersey. Now, in screenshot form, I can lead myself to believe that there will be cloth physics that will flap all over the place, and it will crease and wrinkle as appropriate. Unfortunately, I don't think I can live up to that kind of hype and believe that is going to be happening. So while it looks amazing, it's probably always going to look exactly like that for Kaepernick, whether he's running, throwing, being tackled, etc.

Arms look detailed as hell, though. I'm not even referring to the tattoos.

# 93 bad_philanthropy @ 06/05/14 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Here's the thing:

The screenshot not only look beyond gorgeous, but I'm also fine with assuming that this is an in-game screenshot. However, one thing that's really impressing me is the look of the jersey. Now, in screenshot form, I can lead myself to believe that there will be cloth physics that will flap all over the place, and it will crease and wrinkle as appropriate. Unfortunately, I don't think I can live up to that kind of hype and believe that is going to be happening. So while it looks amazing, it's probably always going to look exactly like that for Kaepernick, whether he's running, throwing, being tackled, etc.

Arms look detailed as hell, though. I'm not even referring to the tattoos.
I wouldn't be surprised by this. One of the things NHL is touting is individual layers of equipment—pads, and uniform—that act independently of one another to movement and impact. Likely some proprietary tech developed for all EA titles this gen.

# 94 BezO @ 06/05/14 08:45 AM
With this being confirmed as an in-game shot, I feel comfortable saying, WOW! This looks on par with this year's NBA 2K.

On the other hand, it's not the first great still we've seen from Madden. With the exception of a few years, stills of Madden have always looked great compared to the comp. So my hype meter has barely lifted of zero. I'm at 0.03 or so.

I won't get off topic, but I'm waiting to see more.

# 95 jmurphy31 @ 06/05/14 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxson_mateo
Please lord let this be how the game looks in actual live game play and not just in instant replay!!!
Its got to be from a replay. EA always takes screen shots in replay mode.

# 96 eaglepoint @ 06/05/14 09:03 AM
Well I for one is skeptical bout E.A. But as of late they've been using the same hi def camera in the same games as in E.A Ufc and NHL.
Plus they were going to each NFL city to take Hi def pics of all players of the teams. So I do think its real pic of the gameplay.

# 97 Just_c00lin @ 06/05/14 09:06 AM
It looks great, a huge upgrade. I still don't see the upgrade in the equipment. Those are the same gloves from Madden 2006. The NFL had been sponsored by Nike for the past 2-3 years. Let's upgrade the equipment ea sports. Stop being ****ing lazy now

# 98 noplace @ 06/05/14 09:42 AM
Looks nice, I just hope they have specific running animations and passing motions to go with these great graphics.. M25 run animations where horrible.

# 99 bad_philanthropy @ 06/05/14 09:45 AM
As others have said, I hope the animation, and player interaction matches the jump in superficial appearances.

# 100 Sdrawkcab321 @ 06/05/14 09:56 AM
My god....

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.