Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K15 Most Valuable Players trailer, containing NBA 2K14 gameplay footage.

For those of you expecting something big, this isn't it. At the end of the trailer it shows the KD MVP bonus pack details for anyone pre-ordering NBA 2K15.

NBA 2K15 is scheduled to release on October 7th. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC.

KD MVP Bonus Pack Details
  • 5,000 Virtual Currency
  • Kevin Durant Throwback MyTEAM Card
  • Two MyTEAM Card Packs
  • MyPLAYER Leg Sleeves, Inspired by Kevin Durant

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lgxjames @ 06/05/14 04:45 PM
I'm already on 20 likes in this thread and these gifs are amazing. Nothing I can say that hasn't been said...

VC destroyed all the love I had for Association mode, Didn't even get to the all star game before I shelved that (digital version at that!). People like myplayer...cool whatever but that mode isn't for me, Between that seemingly being the focus and VC I'm a bit sour.

All that being said, It's only 6/5/2014 I'm not going to assume (yet) that this is the direction they're going this year but if gameplay and association aren't the primary focus this year I'll be visiting the Live thread a few more times this year to see what they're doing. This is the hottest the iron may be for EA...Perfect time to strike.

Where is my beloved 2K?

# 62 sticks323 @ 06/05/14 05:01 PM
Did they really need a trailer for this announcement? More VC and My Team stuff...That's it for a pre order. I can't stand teaser trailers like this. Pointless old 2k14 footage. WHY? Show us new stuff, New My Player faces, customize our characters without VC...how bout NO VC

# 63 Sports fanantic @ 06/05/14 05:02 PM
Not feeling the VC stuff. 2K just doesn't learn that NOBODY likes the whole VC concept.

# 64 jmaj315 @ 06/05/14 05:08 PM
was that QJB? i couldnt tell... i love watchin his videos lol

I think those pre order bonuses are kinda whack... :/

# 65 kolanji @ 06/05/14 05:16 PM
I mean ........well to be fair we still haven't heard or seen anything gameplay wise, or about the servers...........................

ahhh who am I kidding?????

Am just as bummed out as most of you guys.... but more so worried that am not the targeted audience for NBA 2k anymore... that bothers me a lot

Been with NBA 2k since Dreamcast and 2k2 was the reason I got Xbox, and NBA 2k14 the reason I got Xbox one.....

Its not u its me 2k that is the problem and I think it is best we go our separate ways and just be friends...VC is just not my thing.... but am sure u will find some great consumers along the way....

Maybe if the gameplay is so impressive down the road that it over shadows this whole DRM stuff, we can see each other again..... maybe

Good luck

# 66 YoungTurk @ 06/05/14 05:33 PM
I also wish they'd get rid of the VC. And putting such an emphasis on MyPlayer, a mode that from the sounds of it no one really cares for, is baffling. What happened to the days when The Association was the focus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 67 nddot @ 06/05/14 05:40 PM
i'm almost at the point where i wish that nba 2k15 would fail. and i'm not the type of guy to wish harm to anybody, but damn breh...

# 68 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/05/14 05:55 PM
Really lame preorder bonus and doesn't motivate me at all to pre-order.

Still holding my breathe for gameplay though

# 69 Sinner @ 06/05/14 06:02 PM
Well many of you have said all that needs to be said on this VC crap. 2k has officially killed my interest of this game coming out right now. I know it's early but it really doesn't matter...usually this time of year i'm excited for more news at E3 about NBA2k.

I'm not even feeling it this year, I knew they wouldn't get rid of it totally but was hoping they would move toward that and them advertising 5,000 VC.....5,000 VC? Shows they are going full steam ahead with it, hoping Live will offer something as a good alternative this year but I know i'm not getting this day one if ever. Only chance I would is if it's really good, VC is toned down and bargain shelf cheap somewhere. ...2k...5,000 VC?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
i'm almost at the point where i wish that nba 2k15 would fail. and i'm not the type of guy to wish harm to anybody, but damn breh...
I'm hoping sales take a deep hit this year and people send a message personally.

# 70 RyanLaFalce @ 06/05/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I honestly expect sales to go down from last year because of the servers and the VC. In return 2k will ditch the VC not entirely but as it is now and the servers will b worked on. 2k big wigs aka the suits don't care about us the community, it's only exploiting and making money.
And Ronnie 2k thinking he's a celebrity

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

# 71 sirfreshalot718 @ 06/05/14 06:13 PM
Idk about you guys but like E3 last year I'll expect something serious just my opinion I feel this game will be good and if u don't like vc just don't buy it, it's going to be the same as gaining sp anyway so if people spend money or not you make your own choice their not forcing you to buy anything.

# 72 ShogunTake @ 06/05/14 06:22 PM
What a letdown. VC? MyTEAM? I don't care about MyTEAM and I was hoping they would ease up on the VC.

# 73 reptilexcq @ 06/05/14 06:24 PM
Not interested in MyTeam...MyWhatever!! I am interested in if they get rid of canimations...everything else is pointless. No actual game play means no prove...so why should i plunge my $$?...for what?? No freaking way!!

# 74 exposedaking @ 06/05/14 06:36 PM
A leg sleeve? LMAO

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

# 75 ShogunTake @ 06/05/14 06:37 PM
That commercial itself was quite unintentionally disrespectful. Listening to KD's MVP speech was great, he definitely has come a long way but listening to some famous Youtubers recite it? NO, making Youtube videos is in no way the same as the amount of actual hardwork KD has put in.

# 76 Freak123 @ 06/05/14 06:52 PM
The pre-order bonuses sound fine to me, don't know what everyone is complaining about. They could just not have any pre-order bonuses at all, so 5,000 VC + a throwback KD card + 2 MyTeam Packs + leg sleeves is nothing to complain about IMHO.

I'll probably place my pre-order of NBA 2K15 at Gamestop so I can just pick it up after my usual Tuesday workout since it's right next to the gym I go to. Can't wait for NBA 2K15, but I'll certainly continue to enjoy NBA 2K14 in the meantime.

# 77 SnakeEyez @ 06/05/14 07:10 PM
sadly the Madden Ultimate Team garbage is going to destroy basketball games next.... in the 5 years or so of Ultimate Team and MyTeam's existence, I've yet to care.... Online Franchise for 2k was absolutely TERRIBLE the past 2 years.. filled to the brim with bugs and glitches...please fix that first instead of marketing this fantasy team crap

# 78 volstopfan14 @ 06/05/14 07:21 PM
I may get the game just so I can play with my Charlotte Hornets rather than the Bobcats, but 2k is trending in the wrong direction. This game is getting worse each year for me. It feels like 2k is just targeting the teenager who will use their parents credit card on VC so they can build up their MyTeam or MyCareer and play 3 on 3 street ball in the park.

I just want to play legit realistic basketball. I just want to play a franchise mode and play basketball. Not have to jump through a million hoops to get there.

# 79 XXstormmXX @ 06/05/14 07:38 PM
So... Being a fanboy who hypes tiny features gets you in a trailer. Interesting.

# 80 ggsimmonds @ 06/05/14 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I would not be so sure about that. I never thought I could be driven away from 2K (owner of NBA 2K2 through 2K13) but it happened. Since I've historically enjoyed the series so, I'm hanging on and hoping for them to return to form in 2K15. But it was a lot easier living without buying 2K14 than I thought it'd be. It is my belief that others may feel similarly.
Same here. I am boycotting NBA 2k as long as they follow this VC garbage. Did not buy this year, and by the looks of it I will not be buying next year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.