Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K15 Most Valuable Players trailer, containing NBA 2K14 gameplay footage.

For those of you expecting something big, this isn't it. At the end of the trailer it shows the KD MVP bonus pack details for anyone pre-ordering NBA 2K15.

NBA 2K15 is scheduled to release on October 7th. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC.

KD MVP Bonus Pack Details
  • 5,000 Virtual Currency
  • Kevin Durant Throwback MyTEAM Card
  • Two MyTEAM Card Packs
  • MyPLAYER Leg Sleeves, Inspired by Kevin Durant

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 kadzier @ 06/08/14 10:17 AM
MyCareer focus? Awesome.

Presenting leg sleeves like its some sort of premium reward? Not so awesome.

Makes me think it's going to be like this year where you choose between making your player good or buying ridiculously overpriced gear so he doesn't look like every single other generic player out there.

# 162 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/08/14 11:11 AM
I understand vc as a priority to make money . So having it as a focus in myteam or the park is understandable .

But who wants this crap in their association mode ?

# 163 calzonesays @ 06/08/14 05:53 PM
They are already pushing VC on us as a pre-order bonus, LOL.

I will not be buying this game.

# 164 Clappington @ 06/08/14 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calzonesays
They are already pushing VC on us as a pre-order bonus, LOL.

I will not be buying this game.
it was on 2k14 last gen also? Assuming you bought that game lol, so whats the difference?

# 165 KidKoopa22 @ 06/08/14 07:34 PM
lol at qjb n them in the commercial

# 166 Vni @ 06/08/14 07:57 PM
If SubTheGamer is in the commercial, I'am preordering.

# 167 RayZLAL @ 06/08/14 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

SubTheGamer is that you?

# 168 ShogunTake @ 06/08/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Who?

# 169 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 06/09/14 05:30 AM
If only 2k could use that VC $ for a better online system. If only we got real CREW mode back,working servers, online lobbies,actual leaderboards, .

# 170 calzonesays @ 06/09/14 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
it was on 2k14 last gen also? Assuming you bought that game lol, so whats the difference?
Bro I haven't bought a last gen 2K game since they took crew out. Got it for PS4 since it was one of the few games out. Was blown away by their greed. Giving people stingy *** VC rewards yet making everything cost ridiculous amounts. People had to VC Farm MyGM just to progress or play multiple modes at once.

What does 2K do instead of fixing prices on items? They hotfix nerf MyGM rewards. (They sure weren't in that much of a rush to upgrade servers or fix free agency on MyCareer, I wonder why they patched MyGm so fast!!!)

Them pushing VC as a preorder bonus shows me they are still at the same place as last year, which is why I'm not buying it..

# 171 Vni @ 06/09/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
SubTheGamer is that you?
Spoiler

# 172 midwestking100 @ 06/09/14 01:43 PM
This is sad. NBA 2k is starting to frighten me. 2k went from being a sim-realism,legends heavy basketball video game to a VC, my whatever driven machine smh.

# 173 Sports fanantic @ 06/09/14 01:48 PM
If 2k doesn't pull it together, their competitor will start to creep up on them

# 174 ERA @ 06/09/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
If 2k doesn't pull it together, their competitor will start to creep up on them
Word, those Live screens released today really caught me off-guard.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 175 franzis @ 06/09/14 06:32 PM
The commercial is nice but they basically stole the idea from the "Becoming Joel" Last of Us commercial.
VC is really bad news. I guess there is no coming back.
I'll tell ya one thing T, I'm gettin' too old for this nonsense (cit)

# 176 Clappington @ 06/09/14 08:46 PM
We all know why VC is in the game and why it wont be going anywhere...and why wouldn't you have microtransactions from a company stand point?

# 177 VDusen04 @ 06/09/14 10:16 PM
Quote:
We all know why VC is in the game and why it wont be going anywhere...and why wouldn't you have microtransactions from a company stand point?
I'm with you, from a business standpoint it most certainly makes sense, particularly if the company is certain virtual currency and its increasingly all-encompassing emphasis will not drive away enough customers to create a negative monetary impact (that is, that sales lost - for whatever reason - does not eclipse money made from VC).

From an artistic aspect though, I think there are myriad reasons as to why virtual currency is a very questionable feature in many regards. And since gamers tend to play the games whose artistic triumphs they find most exceptional (and by artistic, I am referring to the entire creation of product), I do not believe we're bound to find many folks on this forum who will excuse poor creative choices simply because it might be better for that company's bottom line.

# 178 Taer @ 06/09/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
It is not about having it or not. It is about the implementation and deployment of the system within the game. The dlc/microtransaction model a company uses and models into their game is the issue.

A perfect example of how implementing this wrong is in the next-gen Association mode. Leftos has a lot of awesome ideas and his vision of what an Association mode can be excites me and most Association nuts to no end. However, when you couple his design with a microtransaction design that puts even the most basic function behind a gate it turns the experience into a cluster.

Charging virtual currency to even get off the most basic roster moves is a perfect example of an implementation gone wildly wrong.

# 179 franzis @ 06/10/14 06:53 AM
The real point is that you cannot invade alle the modes with VC. It's already hard to have a balanced (from a consumer standpoint) system when you have VC in 1 or 2 modes. It becomes impossible when every mode you play needs VC to some extent.

# 180 JasonMartin @ 06/10/14 12:20 PM
Shame to see 2K going down this path. I truly miss the 2K11 days. I'm definitely not buying this game anymore as long as it has VC.

I hope EA takes advantage and brings out a better product.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.