Home
News Post

After several interviews, the most impressive man in the room was the part-owner himself -- newly appointed head coach of the T'Wolves -- Flip Saunders.

The bigger question in the Twin Cities, however; may be surrounding the apparent impossibility of resigning Kevin Love who has opted for free agency. Love is a prime example of an All-Star caliber player who has "paid his dues" and now wants to find a team where he can plug in to fill a void for a deep playoff run.

The major question now though is "What team?". Kevin Love has spent time in Boston entertaining the possibilities of being a Celtic, but some feel that teams such as Golden State, Houston or the Lakers would be the optimal spot for all parties involved.

Sound Off: Which NBA team would be the best fit for Kevin Love?

Sports Headlines for June 5, 2014

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 turty11 @ 06/08/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I'm sorry but Wall, Beal and Love were made to play together.
ironic since love cant play with wall unless beal gets traded

# 22 jmillhimes @ 06/12/14 08:57 AM
Dont be surprised to see Houston try and shed Ashik and lynn contracts for Love. They are looking for another key rebounder and scoring threat.

As long as its not Miami I could care less

# 23 OSUFan_88 @ 06/12/14 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I'm sorry but Wall, Beal and Love were made to play together.
Maybe, but Nene, Porter and a 1st is an insanely low offer that would probably end with Flip Saunders never doing business with the Wizards ever again.

# 24 turty11 @ 06/12/14 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillhimes
Dont be surprised to see Houston try and shed Ashik and lynn contracts for Love. They are looking for another key rebounder and scoring threat.

As long as its not Miami I could care less

thats litterally not happening unless its a 3 teamer taking both asik and lin. minny has no need for either of them

# 25 janmagn @ 06/15/14 12:51 PM
To the Golden State Warriors. David Lee, Jordan Crawford, Harrison Barnes and the 2015 first round pick.

# 26 KSOR24 @ 06/15/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
thats litterally not happening unless its a 3 teamer taking both asik and lin. minny has no need for either of them
The Lakers could take them 😛

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

# 27 KSOR24 @ 06/15/14 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
To the Golden State Warriors. David Lee, Jordan Crawford, Harrison Barnes and the 2015 first round pick.
David Lee's contract socks, Harrison Barnes sucks, that first rounder will be a late pick, and Crawford is nothing more than a bench player. They'd have to at least include Thompson or Green if not both. I'm pretty sure Love will be traded for a lot of picks, and the Warriors basically have none.

# 28 ojandpizza @ 06/15/14 03:12 PM
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the T-Wolves are going to be super stingy in dealing Love..

Yes he's a very good player, but their team as a whole is pretty rough right now. If they add 2-3 starters, a pick, a role player I think they EASILY pull the trigger.

Again yes, Love is a very good player, and he's easily the focal point of their franchise.. But it's not like he's been leading them into the playoffs every year or having any sort of success at all.

You can say "so and so" doesn't add up to Love's value. And it might be true. But why wouldn't Minny do it if those guys are younger, have room to grow, and could in turn equally 2 or 3 new starters for a team in desperate need of some help? Even if those guys don't immediately improve them team why would it matter? They really aren't even a borderline playoff team right now, so it's not like they lose anything. Just one guy who gave them big numbers. Those numbers can easily be replaced by 3 guys, if not improved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 KSOR24 @ 06/15/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the T-Wolves are going to be super stingy in dealing Love..

Yes he's a very good player, but their team as a whole is pretty rough right now. If they add 2-3 starters, a pick, a role player I think they EASILY pull the trigger.

Again yes, Love is a very good player, and he's easily the focal point of their franchise.. But it's not like he's been leading them into the playoffs every year or having any sort of success at all.

You can say "so and so" doesn't add up to Love's value. And it might be true. But why wouldn't Minny do it if those guys are younger, have room to grow, and could in turn equally 2 or 3 new starters for a team in desperate need of some help? Even if those guys don't immediately improve them team why would it matter? They really aren't even a borderline playoff team right now, so it's not like they lose anything. Just one guy who gave them big numbers. Those numbers can easily be replaced by 3 guys, if not improved on.

Obviously they're not gonna get equal value for Love, but there are certainly better trade packages than what the Warriors have to offer.

# 30 ojandpizza @ 06/15/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
Obviously they're not gonna get equal value for Love, but there are certainly better trade packages than what the Warriors have to offer.

Oh I wasn't specifically commenting about the Warriors trade, just in general.

# 31 iLLosophy @ 06/16/14 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesthyme
Chicago bulls would be a perfect fit after they get rid of boozer... and Melo should come on over as well

Rose , Melo , Love.. wow
Reinsdorf would never pay for that.

# 32 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 06/16/14 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24

I think a package of Klay, Barnes, Lee's contract, and whatever draft picks Golden State can offer is a very good package personally. Don't know it Golden State would offer it though.

# 33 Sutt0n @ 06/16/14 02:59 PM
I think golden state is the best place for him also. Green, Barnes, Lee, Crawford and a 2015 first for love and maybe a bad contract like barea will be the best deal Minnesota can get IMO.

# 34 iLLosophy @ 06/16/14 03:05 PM
If Love's not happy with his team because of lack of success, the last thing he should do is sign a long term contract on a team with an unproven coach.

# 35 King_B_Mack @ 06/16/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Reinsdorf would never pay for that.
If Reinsdorf thinks that will win a title, he'll pay for it. This cheap argument needs to go die in a ditch somewhere.

# 36 areobee401 @ 06/16/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Good luck Boston my ***.

Let them continue to stink going forward. They had their little run already so let others eat. Keep him out West and trade him to Golden St.
I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Love is coming to Boston to team up with Melo and LBJ. Nets fans stay starving.

# 37 Jmb4life @ 06/16/14 06:32 PM
If Im Kevin Love, I'm looking at San Antonio real hard. Duncan has made all indications he's coming back and I expect Ginobli to return as well. He would fit in like a glove in their system. Put him at the 4 and Tim at the 5. But man, he plays no kind of defense. The beauty of the Spurs is that all their guys are effective on both ends of the floor. Idk.

# 38 vtcha @ 06/16/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmb4life
If Im Kevin Love, I'm looking at San Antonio real hard. Duncan has made all indications he's coming back and I expect Ginobli to return as well. He would fit in like a glove in their system. Put him at the 4 and Tim at the 5. But man, he plays no kind of defense. The beauty of the Spurs is that all their guys are effective on both ends of the floor. Idk.
I know right! He would be a great fit, not to mention his also a really improved passer. Spurs will also likely re-sign Diaw and Mills, whom both will probably be offered more than their current salary. A starting line-up of Parker, Green, Kawhi, Love and Duncan, with a bench comprising of Splitter, Diaw, Mills, Belinelli and Ginobili would be insanely crazy !!!!!

But then suddenly I realise there's this thing called salary cap ...

# 39 King_B_Mack @ 06/16/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmb4life
Are you aware that the Spurs don't have the money for Kevin Love? Even if they did and even if he wanted to go to the Spurs, he's not a free agent, he's under contract for another year and would have to be traded there which would need the Spurs to actually WANT to trade for him and being willing to give up whatever it is that Minnesota wants back.

# 40 da ThRONe @ 06/19/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
The Celtics' pursuit of Kevin Love isn't as hot as reports are indicating.

Sources close to the situation have told the Herald that Boston's offer of draft picks and players isn’t nearly the best the Timberwolves have received — or expect to receive — for their All-Star forward.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti...ing_minnesotas

I would think that Jeff Green would be in the discussion, but I haven't heard his name yet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.