Home
Forza Horizon 2 News Post

Forza Horizon on 360.

IGN has a ton of exclusives concerning Forza Horizon 2 hitting their site today. Here's a rundown of what's been revealed thus far:

• The Southern European setting is based in France and Italy. Several other areas were considered but the European setting won.
  • Southern Europe was decided upon because it felt "fresh" vs. American locales.
  • Half of the barn finds in Horizon 2 are completely new to the Forza series.
  • Forzavista won't be a part of the game.
  • Car Meets is a replacement for ForzaVista of sorts, an online meet up which allows you to take your car and see it in all its glory. You and your friends can see what you've all been doing with your cars.
  • BBC Radio DJ Rob da Bank is curating the three main radio stations within the game. There's a dance electronic station, an indie rock station, and then there's a station with a huge summer vibe.
  • Game will run at 1080p at 30 frames per second.
  • There will be unique race events such as racing a steam engine across the countryside.
  • Driveatar is back and is the same system from Forza 5.
Be sure to keep an eye here for the latest on Forza Horizon 2. We expect to hear much more about the game from E3 next week!

Game: Forza Horizon 2Reader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Forza Horizon 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LBzrule @ 06/05/14 02:30 PM
Will definitely be looking to hear the sites impressions next week. I'm pre-ordering this next week.

# 2 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/05/14 02:50 PM
Ugh another racing game at only 30fps. 1st Drive Club now this smh. What's with this 30fps stuff? I thought this was Next Gen? Why are we still having to sacrifice frame rate for graphics? That should be a last gen problem. 60fps + 1080p should be the standard for all Next Gen games especially racing games. Wake me up when Next Gen really arrives.

# 3 porkys8077 @ 06/05/14 02:59 PM
I loved the first Forza Horizon so I can't wait to get the Xbox1 for this.

# 4 Cyros @ 06/06/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Ugh another racing game at only 30fps. 1st Drive Club now this smh. What's with this 30fps stuff? I thought this was Next Gen? Why are we still having to sacrifice frame rate for graphics? That should be a last gen problem. 60fps + 1080p should be the standard for all Next Gen games especially racing games. Wake me up when Next Gen really arrives.
Probably 30FPS because open world.

# 5 analogdan @ 06/06/14 04:54 PM
You forgot to put a big Forza first: weather and night time!

# 6 doubledeuceR6 @ 06/06/14 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogdan
You forgot to put a big Forza first: weather and night time!
For Forza Horizon it is and the tradeoff is 30fps. FH1 also had a day/night cycle.

# 7 LBzrule @ 06/09/14 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
The first Horizon game was also a locked 30fps. If people enjoyed that one without 60fps, I'm sure this one can be enjoyable too. That's not to say, if 60 can be achieved they shouldn't shoot for it. I just don't see it as a deal breaker if a person thoroughly enjoyed the first game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.