Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Richard Sherman is your Madden NFL 15 cover athlete, beating out Cam Newton in the finals 56% to 44%. The image above is NOT the actual cover, it will be revealed after the cover shoot, which is happening this evening. We will post it when it is available.

Read the full press release below.

Richard Sherman Wins Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote

Seahawks Defender Defeats Cam Newton in Finale

The Legion of Boom has earned another accolade, as Seattle Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman has won the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote. Sherman faced off against Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in the finals and was revealed as the winner of the fan-voted cover in a special segment on SportsCenter. The announcement was made on the heels of the release of the first official Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, which features reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly.

Sherman proved to be just as dominant off the field as he is on it, shutting down his opposition throughout the tournament. After dispatching Chicago Bears wideout Alshon Jeffery in the opening round, he also thwarted New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham and division rival Colin Kaepernick en route to the title. The fans have been especially active in this year's Cover Vote competition, casting approximately 10 million votes over the course of the contest, and averaging nearly 650,000 votes per matchup.

"Richard Sherman is a fantastic cover athlete selection by the fans," said Anthony Stevenson, Vice President of Global Marketing for EA SPORTS. "Defense is a big focus for Madden NFL 15, and Sherman is one of the brightest defensive stars in the NFL. He shares the same energy and passion for the game as our ‘legion' of Madden fans."

Madden NFL 15 allows players to transform into their rival's worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new broadcast-inspired presentation and it's not just football, it's Madden Season.

Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. A version of Madden NFL 15 will also release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Aggies7 @ 06/06/14 07:39 PM
Not all that shocked. With improvements to the defensive side of the ball in Madden and the season he just had, I expected this outcome.

# 2 TracerBullet @ 06/06/14 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Is that the actual cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highly unlikely. Just a placeholder till the actual photo shoot more than likely. That's how they usually do it.

# 3 ERA @ 06/06/14 07:44 PM
I still want to see him play Cam in Madden...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 4 kingkilla56 @ 06/06/14 07:44 PM
Ive seen like 3 different versions so far. ESPN has aired two and tweeted another. Definitely not final yet.

# 5 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 07:44 PM
Why was there a vote? This seems like it should be automatic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 6 thaima1shu @ 06/06/14 07:46 PM
I doubt that one's official (in the OP) because that looks like it's from his rookie season where he's wearing the old Seahawks jersey in that one.

# 7 azdawgpound @ 06/06/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Ive seen like 3 different versions so far. ESPN has aired two and tweeted another. Definitely not final yet.

yea they useally do the cover after the cover is announced or atleast that's how they did it when hillis was on the cover.

# 8 roadman @ 06/06/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Why was there a vote? This seems like it should be automatic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I think everyone called it, but it's to generate hype over a period of time.

After the cover vote, the momentum continues with E3

# 9 MLcardinalfan @ 06/06/14 07:55 PM
Hopefully the Madden cover curse comes back for this year.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 06/06/14 07:56 PM
I figured Sherman would be on the cover. I wonder how many people voted for Cam lol

# 11 mjavon @ 06/06/14 08:00 PM
Well, that's annoying.

# 12 TracerBullet @ 06/06/14 08:01 PM
Yeah, nothing you see now is the real cover. They always do a photoshoot later.

# 13 RocketTMac1 @ 06/06/14 08:02 PM
Panther fan here. Wouldn't have been mad if Cam made the cover. But happy he didn't. Didn't need that curse in Carolina. Good luck Sherm.

# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/06/14 08:09 PM
While I'm not surprise at the out come. Congrats to Sherman on winning the cover vote. Now go hide under a bed for the rest of the year and you will be fine. But again congrats to him. Better luck next year Cam. If there is another vote next year that is.

# 15 XXstormmXX @ 06/06/14 08:15 PM
I probably won't get the game now, don't want to support my least favorite player.

# 16 vnardella5 @ 06/06/14 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825

This was on twitter, I'm guessing this one may be real or just a custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i made this one...ive seen it like 287483939 places with no credit at all..check out the custom cover thread for the full cover

# 17 friscob @ 06/06/14 08:16 PM
Chew on that Patrick Peterson. Much deserved

# 18 apollon42 @ 06/06/14 08:18 PM
[quote=EaglesFan1825;2046293329]

Did Richard have to get a waiver from his tattoo artist to put him on the cover?

# 19 TripleCrown9 @ 06/06/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42

Did Richard have to get a waiver from his tattoo artist to put him on the cover?
No, because it's a photograph.

# 20 kehlis @ 06/06/14 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I probably won't get the game now, don't want to support my least favorite player.

Lol. Okay then.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.