Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a couple more NHL 15 screenshots and will show a gameplay trailer on Monday, June 9th.

Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Entiae @ 06/09/14 06:02 AM
Group celebrations? Yes, please!

# 22 csamuelsvt @ 06/09/14 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
Maybe depending on the situation?? Kings photo could be right after an OT goal or something? Maybe they have different celebrations depending on the situation?
Pure speculation on my part

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
That's a good point you both bring up. I didn't even notice that.

Let's hope because as I said before, in Fifa you do your celebration and then only one guy can come in an celebrate with you, while your other teammates just are "there" and can't join in.

Anyone know why this is? It looks awkward.

Hopefully with NHL 15 like you guys notice, they have different celebrations depending on the situation and its not like FIFA or even the older NHL2k game where it was real time, but you could only hug/celebrate with one guy at a time.

# 23 Pezell04x @ 06/09/14 08:55 AM
minor gripe but facepaint. boo.

# 24 Mrmagoo @ 06/09/14 09:22 AM
Yea, and we know there's other parts of the game that need better and upgraded AI that are more important than a group hug!!! When's the real talk going to start? You know about how much better the game play is going to be?... Not trying to rain on this parade, but was just wondering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

# 25 Mrmagoo @ 06/09/14 09:28 AM
Ok thanks. It's been awhile since I've really followed any pre-release info. About the NHL series. Well here's to hoping anyway...

# 26 jboe235 @ 06/09/14 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
minor gripe but facepaint. boo.
Yeah, while I like the idea, the fact that there are like 4 or 5 per small group of crowd is a bit too much. Now maybe if that was only for the playoffs and it was dialed back for the regular season it wouldn't be so bad.

Overall I think it looks pretty good, but really can't tell anything until we get to see some actual gameplay.

# 27 Mongo14 @ 06/09/14 10:39 AM
Hopefully with the extra space to work with EA fixes the equipment issues that everyone seems to shoot down however it adds to the realism.

Gloves: For the Last gen EA added the gloves that put each team's primary and secondary colors onto the original design template of the gloves. However there are teams like the Rangers and Montreal who go by their own design. If you watch tonight's game and look at Richards' and St. Louis' gloves, the ones in this screen shot come no where close to the real design of them

Backwards sticks: Some sticks are made in ways that are reversible for each handed and not the same on all sides. I realize EA might not have had the space to put 2 sticks (left and right) for a kind of stick leaving many sticks only being able to be used by one handedness and look realistic (Easton V9 only correct for righties, Easton V9E and RSII only for left). As seen in the kings screenshot, the V9 was held by a lefty but is backwards.

# 28 Comp @ 06/09/14 10:41 AM
Here's some gameplay, hoping it's close to the in game graphics (for next gen at least).

http://www.easports.com/nhl
Right behind where it says celebrate a new era a video will begin playing

# 29 murph17 @ 06/09/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp
Here's some gameplay, hoping it's close to the in game graphics (for next gen at least).

awesome find. i think it might be the E3 video?

# 30 Comp @ 06/09/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
awesome find. i think it might be the E3 video?
If it is the E3 video I am kind of disappointed in way because I was expecting actual in game footage. I recall hearing a new trailer being released later in the day so I will definitely be on the lookout for that.

# 31 ianlast @ 06/09/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp

Sweet, nice find!

That one clip of Datsyuk looks scary realistic.

# 32 TemplateR @ 06/09/14 11:14 AM
Come on guys. Texturing of the playes in the combination of the lighting-system looks awful and like a plastic-model!

# 33 jaiman @ 06/09/14 11:18 AM
Oh, my. That was beautiful. The artwork that goes into these trailers is something to behold. I see a few nitpick things, but if you focus on the actual trailer and stirring up an emotion, this is a huge win. Looking forward to seeing more.

# 34 hgg @ 06/09/14 11:19 AM
I kinda like it.

I think we won't see actual game play for a while... except leaks maybe.

I hope nhl 15 will be huge step from the last one. Even on Last gen

# 35 Money99 @ 06/09/14 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg
I kinda like it.

I hope nhl 15 will be huge step from the last one. Even on Last gen
I thought I read on IGN that NHL15 will be a playable game at E3. If that's true, we may at least get some impressions.

# 36 murph17 @ 06/09/14 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg
i believe it will be playable at E3. should be plenty of gameplay video soon.

# 37 @legendm0de @ 06/09/14 06:30 PM
What is the point of 5000 unique fan models if they are all wearing jerseys.

# 38 Moose24x @ 06/09/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
What is the point of 5000 unique fan models if they are all wearing jerseys.
What is with ample amounts of face paint in every stadium. Great, EA, you decided to improve the crowd. What did you look at for research, pictures of soccer audiences? Don't get me wrong, the crowd still looks much better, but what possesses that kind of decision? "Hmm, let's have roughly 5-15% of all fans wear face paint. You know, because in all the photographs of real life hockey crowds we looked at when designing ours, we saw that SO often." I just don't get it.

# 39 Mrmagoo @ 06/10/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
What is with ample amounts of face paint in every stadium. Great, EA, you decided to improve the crowd. What did you look at for research, pictures of soccer audiences? Don't get me wrong, the crowd still looks much better, but what possesses that kind of decision? "Hmm, let's have roughly 5-15% of all fans wear face paint. You know, because in all the photographs of real life hockey crowds we looked at when designing ours, we saw that SO often." I just don't get it.
Lol!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.