Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first screenshot of NBA Live 15, which showcases an improved player likeness for Paul George, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Blake Griffin and Steph Curry.

Your thoughts?

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JODYE @ 06/12/14 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Live's spacing is legit from a visual standpoint.

but IMO, The lack of teamate movement, the slow, unreliable nature of passing and the defenses reaction (or lack therof) makes it feel like like it's cramped regardless.

I'm confident they will touch this up though, as a dev agreed with me when I messaged them about it.
This.

The spacing is there, and it's on point. I think that is one thing Live has always done well is their player size to court ratio. Now it's just getting the players to behave properly in that space.

# 122 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/12/14 10:07 AM
Quote:

but IMO, The lack of teamate movement, the slow, unreliable nature of passing and the defenses reaction (or lack therof) makes it feel like like it's cramped regardless.

I'm confident they will touch this up though, as a dev agreed with me when I messaged them about it.
I wouldn't say it feels cramped . It does make the offense feel stagnant though . It's more of lack of activity on the floor issue

# 123 The 24th Letter @ 06/12/14 10:47 AM
Stagnant is probably a better word.

Like 13 said, the player size\court ratio is top notch...at this point they just need to correct how players interact within that space. You can see glimpses on how much of a benefit that space can really be..

# 124 WTF @ 06/12/14 12:54 PM
This is becoming relatively off topic, but just wanted to ask your guys' thoughts on the player speed. I may create a new thread on this. Do you think that the players as a whole need to be sped up when they're sprinting, and running a set play? I was thinking about how much better this would make that space that Live gives, if the guys were hustling to their spots. If the players are moving more quickly, the more of an "oh crap" moment you'll have on Defense when Lebron has you 1 on 1 on the wing with the opposite side overloaded. With his speed and agility, you "should" get the feeling that he's going to go to work on you.

# 125 Mintsa @ 06/12/14 03:37 PM
I only have the demo......but I think the game as whole is slow and sluggish. When I get a turnover I don't fell any speed from the player I'm controlling or the players the CPU is controlling.

# 126 2_headedmonster @ 06/12/14 03:43 PM
Quote:

I really think the player to court ratio on Live is actually exaggerated to look more spacious and that very well may be whats best for a video game. But I think the bigger problem with the other game is the sliding and lack of planting, so space is recovered easier.

Impressive Rondo screen as far as being on topic goes...

# 127 JODYE @ 06/12/14 04:34 PM
Not in-game, but a few more face renders in NBA Live 15.

# 128 vpizzle28 @ 06/12/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

Those look GREAT! Nice find!

# 129 TemplateR @ 06/12/14 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

I hope, that the FIFA-Team is also getting these render-faces

# 130 Jano @ 06/13/14 04:34 AM
I can tell the first face is Al Harrington but the other 2 are tripping me out! I can't figure out who they are.

They are current NBA players right??

# 131 krazyboy225 @ 06/13/14 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I can tell the first face is Al Harrington but the other 2 are tripping me out! I can't figure out who they are.

They are current NBA players right??
The last one is michael carter williams of the 76ers .. the two middle ones i dont know.. the second one seems familiar thought

# 132 FlyRice @ 06/13/14 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the second one is Bruce Willis, signed by the New York Knicks.

# 133 Pacinodapiff @ 06/13/14 04:40 PM
Al harrington pacers assistant coach dude from sixers n mcw

# 134 bumpyface @ 06/16/14 03:18 AM
Faces look nice. I'm all about gameplay though. I would suffer less superior graphics for superior gameplay. I'm looking forward to more news concerning gameplay from both franchises. I'm strictly going to gf both games. If one or both of them impresses me, then I will purchase. No longer will I blindly pre-order or even purchase a subpar basketball game. Enough is enough.

# 135 scottyp180 @ 06/16/14 01:14 PM
While the faces look good I am not overly impressed. EA scanned nearly every player in the league so it should be expected that the faces look spot on. The graphics are an improvement from last year but I'm not sure if they are at that "nextgen" level quite yet, although it is hard to tell from close up screen shots. In comparison, I was shocked the first time 2k was shown last year. I could not believe the footage shown was actually in-game graphics.

I'm not trying to be negative towards the game just my personal opinion. If we want real competition with sports game then we are going to have to compare the two games with honesty. I can't wait to see what both games have to offer this year as I believe EA is finally ready to step up their game and deliver a basketball title worth the price of purchase. Likewise I hope 2k does not sit on their success and sleep on Live because they are going to need to up their game as well if they want to continue to hold the crown into the future.

# 136 scottyp180 @ 06/16/14 01:15 PM
While the faces look good I am not overly impressed. EA scanned nearly every player in the league so it should be expected that the faces look spot on. The graphics are an improvement from last year but I'm not sure if they are at that "nextgen" level quite yet, although it is hard to tell from close up screen shots. In comparison, I was shocked the first time 2k was shown last year. I could not believe the footage shown was actually in-game graphics.

I'm not trying to be negative towards the game just my personal opinion. If we want real competition with sports game then we are going to have to compare the two games with honesty. I can't wait to see what both games have to offer this year as I believe EA is finally ready to step up their game and deliver a basketball title worth the price of purchase. Likewise I hope 2k does not sit on their success and sleep on Live because they are going to need to up their game as well if they want to continue to hold the crown into the future.

# 137 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/16/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180

It doesn't look next gen ? How can you be impressed with 2k14 faces and not these ? They look better

# 138 bluengold34_OS @ 06/16/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Well here is a comparison from NBA2k13 on the 360 and NBA Live 15 on the PS4. Not trying to sway your opinion, as everyone on OS is entitled to their own. Just wanted to throw up a comparison shot from last gen to this gen(at least 15's game)

# 139 I Djm @ 06/16/14 05:39 PM
[quote=bluengold34_OS;2046320768]Well here is a comparison from NBA2k13 on the 360 and NBA Live 15 on the PS4. Not trying to sway your opinion, as everyone on OS is entitled to their own. Just wanted to throw up a comparison shot from last gen to this gen(at least 15's game)

i think he means next gen like 2k14 can't lie it does look realstic, live still looks like it will retain the cartoony style

# 140 WTF @ 06/16/14 05:40 PM
If that first pic is cartoon style, then I'll take cartoon style any day of the week. Those released screens are extremely well done.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.