Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has published the NHL 15 E3 Trailer a bit early on their site and it looks wonderful. This is our first look at the new-generation console gameplay in action and there is a lot to like about the trailer.

“This is the start of a new era for the award-winning NHL videogame franchise,” Dean Richards, General Manager, EA SPORTS NHL. “New technology gives us the freedom and horsepower to change almost every part of the game. From the way players look and move on the ice, to the unrivaled electricity of the in-arena experience, to the sights and sounds of an all new broadcast team, NHL 15 brings the game we love to life in ways that were never possible before.”

n NHL 15, fans will see the most realistic looking and skating hockey players ever in a videogame, along with most detailed and authentic representation of the game of hockey itself. 12 Player NHL Collision Physics and Real Puck Physics capture the hard hitting chaos and unpredictability of the sport. Gamers can look, move, play and think like a real hockey player with all new authentic player modelling and an evolved arsenal of tools, including the Superstar Skill Stick and Vision AI that allow for an unprecedented level of control and elevated player intelligence.

Witness the sights and sounds of authentic arenas across the National Hockey League, as 9,000 individual crowd models, the most ever in a sports videogame, hang on every play called by an all-new commentary team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk from NBC Sports. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide insights at ice level. In addition, a new partnership with NBC Sports brings a world class broadcast package to the game.

NHL 15 is set to arrive on store shelves for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on September 9th.

Check the trailer out above and let us know what you think and what you find!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 csamuelsvt @ 06/10/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymid
As much as I want to believe it's in-game commentary, I don't think it is. You can hear noises in the commentary track that are usually heard in a real-life game broadcast and not in a virtual game. The whole commentary track is also noticeably blurred from the background music. I doubt it's in-game commentary, but I will be very impressed if anything near that level of commentary carries over to the actual NHL 15 game.
That's definitely not in game, unfortunately. as you said, you can hear the crowd and other noises in the back that show it's not real. I hope someone can record some gameplay that will show the new NBC presentation and hopefully commentary and other sounds so we can see what new stuff they have in this years game

# 82 jake19ny @ 06/10/14 11:26 AM
I know it doesn't mean much to many and in the grand scheme of things if the game delivers on everything promised its not that big of a deal, but I am personally disappointed that the goalie masks are the same old same old same old. I know they cannot get the actual ones but couldn't they do a mask more team/city oriented? Like something with the liberty bell in Philly, A Hollywood themed mask in L.A., etc. etc.....Some of the masks like Montreal and Philly are downright horrible. I also hope they update goalie gear a little better. I'm one of the anal ones who tries to make all the goalies gear as accurate as possible and last year it couldn't be done to a 3rd of them due to the gear not being in game. Please don't shred me on this like I said its a personal thing for me and the game looks awesome and will be a release day purchase regardless and my main concern is gameplay.

# 83 JaFFiTh @ 06/10/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I know it doesn't mean much to many and in the grand scheme of things if the game delivers on everything promised its not that big of a deal, but I am personally disappointed that the goalie masks are the same old same old same old. I know they cannot get the actual ones but couldn't they do a mask more team/city oriented? Like something with the liberty bell in Philly, A Hollywood themed mask in L.A., etc. etc.....Some of the masks like Montreal and Philly are downright horrible. I also hope they update goalie gear a little better. I'm one of the anal ones who tries to make all the goalies gear as accurate as possible and last year it couldn't be done to a 3rd of them due to the gear not being in game. Please don't shred me on this like I said its a personal thing for me and the game looks awesome and will be a release day purchase regardless and my main concern is gameplay.

I'm with you on this one, i'm into goalie equipments/masks as well as players helmet. Doesn't look like they bothered to bring Bauer 4500 back..... Again! It's still one of the popular helmet IRL. I would love to see updated goalie masks especially when it's onto a next gen, yet they still move shˇt over and fix it up it seems.

# 84 MizzouRah @ 06/10/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymid
As much as I want to believe it's in-game commentary, I don't think it is. You can hear noises in the commentary track that are usually heard in a real-life game broadcast and not in a virtual game. The whole commentary track is also noticeably blurred from the background music. I doubt it's in-game commentary, but I will be very impressed if anything near that level of commentary carries over to the actual NHL 15 game.
Yeah I could be wrong, I was just reading articles about the trailer and most commented on how great the commentary was - if it's not from the game what a downer.

# 85 jboe235 @ 06/10/14 01:47 PM
Couldn't agree more on masks and equipment. Everything else aside, I've been pretty disappointed with goalies for the last few years. Most of the masks in the game have been the same for like 5 years and look terrible, and why not have the few different brands that goalies use mask-wise. All the goalies look the exact same which really takes away from immersion too, it may be asking too much but eventually having different brands actually shaped different with different sizes would add a lot having goalies look different from one another. The color schemes for pads,especially after moving goalies around, needs an overhaul to.

Gameplay wise, they are all so robotic and there's no difference is the 3 "styles" they have. Best example is Brodeur shouldn't be doing the splits to stop a 2-1, stuff like that. I think they should have the capacity to at least have 4 or 5 actual diverse styles, which actually include different stances, saves, etc. Obviously every goalie is different but at least that would give some diversity.

Basically I think it would add a lot to the game having Quick, Lundqvist, etc look and play somewhat close to their real life counterparts, instead of the robots that are in the game now.

# 86 zonadrk @ 06/10/14 02:17 PM
All this hype and they still screwed up the benches at the boston garden. Bruins should be on the left. Very simple detail.

# 87 thejudicata @ 06/10/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboe235
Couldn't agree more on masks and equipment. Everything else aside, I've been pretty disappointed with goalies for the last few years. Most of the masks in the game have been the same for like 5 years and look terrible, and why not have the few different brands that goalies use mask-wise. All the goalies look the exact same which really takes away from immersion too, it may be asking too much but eventually having different brands actually shaped different with different sizes would add a lot having goalies look different from one another. The color schemes for pads,especially after moving goalies around, needs an overhaul to.

Gameplay wise, they are all so robotic and there's no difference is the 3 "styles" they have. Best example is Brodeur shouldn't be doing the splits to stop a 2-1, stuff like that. I think they should have the capacity to at least have 4 or 5 actual diverse styles, which actually include different stances, saves, etc. Obviously every goalie is different but at least that would give some diversity.

Basically I think it would add a lot to the game having Quick, Lundqvist, etc look and play somewhat close to their real life counterparts, instead of the robots that are in the game now.
If they incorporated goalie play styles/tendencies, that would be mind blowing, which is why I doubt we can expect it anytime soon

# 88 BlueNGold @ 06/10/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
Don't use anything Basketball related for Hockey game, vice versa for Basketball as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.