Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

MyMaddenPad.com has posted a pair of articles on Madden NFL 15 discussing the defensive changes to the gameplay as well as presentation changes within Madden.

Here are some highlights:
  • On the overall feel of Presentation: "The pre-game is much shorter, more authentic, no dead air, there is visual variety for everything you are hearing. You finally feel like the UI, the commentary team of Sims and Nantz, and the camera team are all in sync."
  • On the coin toss: "Removed coin-toss from pre-game. You can set your strategy before the game, if you like to receive or defer."
  • On in-game storylines: "Emerging stories during the game that commentators will talk about. So if Percy Harvin is having a great game with 2 kick–off returns for a TD Jim and Phil will talk about it and they will highlight and go back to those replays. So telling emerging stories with replays adds to the presentation."
  • On the halftime show: "Larry talks and shows highlights of the first half by linking plays that tells how the score has been reflected. It’s more than just two clips. They also show some player stats at the bottom of the screen as well."
  • On smarter crowds: "Crowd now has more logic. There is a long list of things. For example when you throw a deep bomb the crowd will start to stand up and explode when the catch is made."
  • On QB Accuracy: "The defense also may seem better because of the inaccuracy of QBs but that’s on the offensive side of the ball and we’ll talk about that later."
Be sure to read both articles which are full of much more information on Madden NFL 15!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JayD @ 06/10/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
Hoping that during halftime show, they'll talk about other games around the league. At least show scores and stats.

Other than that, presentation sounds as if its taken a step forward.
They've already mentioned that it only covers your game and not others around the league.

# 2 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/10/14 01:49 PM
Nice, can't wait to see this and see if it plays out how's it's being reviewed.

# 3 Ueauvan @ 06/10/14 01:59 PM
so good news if you want to play with the sticks, but what about your teammates are they going to do this appropriately linked to bsh, awr, prc etc? whilt you are being a lolb for example?

what if you play coach like me will both team' players do this?

# 4 SVCbearcat10 @ 06/10/14 02:27 PM
I'm not one of those equipment people, but it is strange that arm sleeves aren't in the game. They keep on using screenshots of Manziel and we know he'll be wearing one.

# 5 azdawgpound @ 06/10/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I'm not one of those equipment people, but it is strange that arm sleeves aren't in the game. They keep on using screenshots of Manziel and we know he'll be wearing one.

there in the game BUT only the GOLDEN BOY RG3 is only player allowed to wear it in madden.

so far of all pics I've seen and video of manziel hes had the long sleeves it be nice if they added it to him but I doubt it happens just have to edit it in.

# 6 stlchamp10 @ 06/10/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I agree with allstar dad! One thing that NFL2k5 did well was the halftime and postgame but I felt like they missed out on putting in some info on the other games. To feel like there is more to the league than just the games you play. This would be a great addition...because really...i know what happened in my game...I just played it...give me game stats for my game and a few others...like in my division or something.
So sad that a game on PS2 9 or so years ago can get everything so right on presentation (Pre-Game, Half Time, Post-Game, Weekly Highlight Show) but a PS4 game in 2014 doesn't have anything close.

# 7 tmac747 @ 06/10/14 03:57 PM
Some of the so-call added features sound more like some borrowed features from ncaa football, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But, if EA is going to use ncaa football as a guide to go by why not go all the way. Have OC/DC go after head coaching jobs, and put in CPU vs CPU as well as more customization.

# 8 Cardot @ 06/10/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
Hoping that during halftime show, they'll talk about other games around the league. At least show scores and stats.
Alot of this comes down to personal preference. But a couple years back, NCAA had Rece Davis cutting in with updates from out of town. I was pretty excited about the feature, but ended up HATING it. Part of it was probably poor implementation.....Rece seem to cut in at the worst times when I didn't want to be bothered....and most of the games discussed were games that had little relevance to my own team.

Although I did really like the weekly wrap up show from another NFL game about 10 years back. Again though, personal preference.

On a seperate note, I actually really like the new coin toss system. I guess I have been playing video game football long enough that I don't really need to see the coin flipping cut-scene anymore.

# 9 apollon42 @ 06/10/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
Some of the so-call added features sound more like some borrowed features from ncaa football, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But, if EA is going to use ncaa football as a guide to go by why not go all the way. Have OC/DC go after head coaching jobs, and put in CPU vs CPU as well as more customization.
If they are borrowing from NCAA, they need to borrow the equipment. Nike gloves, ect. Moreoever, I don't know why they ever got rid of the Sports Illustrated covers that used to be in NCAA. Those were pretty awesome. I loved playing NCAA to see if my team made the cover that week. Finally, why did they ever get rid of the Tony Bruno show. I used to like hearing that to see what was going on in the league. That was pretty cool playing in the background during your franchise.

# 10 asu666 @ 06/10/14 07:09 PM
Madden needs to implement the scores from around the league ESPN ticker like NCAA and the cut ins for big games. I'd like to see scores from around the league at half time too with significance of games in the playoff hunt.

# 11 friscob @ 06/10/14 07:13 PM
Enjoy that the pregame is focused on getting the game started quicker now. No more coin toss is a good thing

# 12 CyberRudy25 @ 06/10/14 11:00 PM
I'd like to see ps4 share used with online league websites.View other games in leagues. NFL draft , and a platform for commissioner to talk about status of League. TV Network for each Team and National Station for everyone to watch. Rank viewers and advertiser and boost own team.

# 13 johnprestonevans @ 06/16/14 12:56 PM
Just saw the new Madden 15 Halftime Show video. Yikes. It's been 10 years since 2K5, and this still looks like garbage compared to that Chris Berman Halftime show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvbtu3St_4Y

This looks and sounds nothing like a true broadcast halftime. The camera angles are all wrong. The pacing is slow and clumsy. Lack of music. No around the league highlights and updates. I'm sorry EA, but this seals the deal for me - a 3rd year now without buying Madden. : ( Very disappointing.

# 14 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/18/14 02:09 AM
I am just now going through all the M15 information, but it seems to me the players are scaled better; am I just seeing things?

# 15 PacMan3000 @ 06/18/14 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am just now going through all the M15 information, but it seems to me the players are scaled better; am I just seeing things?
They are definitely scaled better.

# 16 mestevo @ 06/18/14 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
I'm sure they absolutely want to do stuff like that but what you describe is far from a copy and past job.

# 17 BezO @ 06/18/14 08:34 AM
The right/left stick pass rush controls sound cool if they're tuned correctly. I like the sound of the disengage button if tuned correctly. But I'm not a fan of only having a finesse & power move button. I'd want to know exactly what move I'm using. And no mention of the acceleration burst feedback being turn off-able. The last thing this game needs is more pop ups.

The tackling sounds ehh. Without new & improved animations, I'm not sure how good this could be.

Coverage sounds ehh. Without the implementation of WR/DB interaction, it can't be all that good.

# 18 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/14 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Presentation camera angles are all jacked up with this game yo. They keep hiring experts and it's still not right. I'm not saying Madden 12 cams were perfect, but how in Madden 15 can you have dudes celebrating big plays and the camera is not even giving them a tight shot, when you had it right 3 years ago? What happened?

What stations are these EA cats watching football on?
It looks right to me, the opening kickoff camera where it shows the kicker up close is EXACTLY like what you see on TV. A lot of the replays look way more like what you see on tv now than ever before. The camera cuts to the coaches are authentic, as are the replays on TDs that I have seen.

# 19 Aggies7 @ 06/18/14 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It looks right to me, the opening kickoff camera where it shows the kicker up close is EXACTLY like what you see on TV. A lot of the replays look way more like what you see on tv now than ever before. The camera cuts to the coaches are authentic, as are the replays on TDs that I have seen.

Opening kickoff I agree. Beyond that and I have said it many times before the halftime highlight camera angle is horrible.

Need more replays and highlights for the halftime show from a further angle whether it be a broadcast angle or another angle with depth.

# 20 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/14 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Opening kickoff I agree. Beyond that and I have said it many times before the halftime highlight camera angle is horrible.

Need more replays and highlights for the halftime show from a further angle whether it be a broadcast angle or another angle with depth.
I'm not that concerned about the halftime highlights camera as some I guess. I'd much rather have the replay and in game cameras correct first. They have the first phase and foundation of halftime in place now, lets see where they build it from here with 16, 17, and so on. Hopefully by final though they will make the commentary sound more natural and flow, and eliminate the awkward silence. I was told they are still working on it and the final version if halftime will be better, so we'll see what they can accomplish in the next month or so.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.