Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

ESG has posted this new Madden NFL 15 video featuring the Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers. This is a direct feed video, not a shaky cam taken off screen.

Make sure you check it out and leave your thoughts. Subscribe to the YouTube channel here.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jaynral @ 06/13/14 12:27 AM
The reality is this... As long as they are still making a last gen madden also which is where the real money is at, we will NEVER see a true Next Gen Football game from EA....Most Next gen games(i.e nka 2k14, the show) used up almost all the space on the disc....My point being that madden 25 on next gen only used like 16GB of the available ~45GB space(look at the back of boxes for your games)...Also, I hope this whole gimmick tackling cone is not the cause for no gang tackling...Think about, if there was true gang tackling, it would be like 2-4 guys super close with tackling cones on them...Damn, I think im sad now!!!

# 62 The_Balm @ 06/13/14 01:21 AM
I'm not liking the way EA it going after next gen at all. They aren't fixing legacy issues close to fast enough for me to believe band-aids are the way to go (I never really have, but I wanted to see what this team could do with the new gen). This game needs a total from the ground up rebuild so bad.

This is not to say they haven't made good improvements, but this foundation is crumbling. The animations look so, so bad, the gliding is awful (even when running in a straight line). It really is a shame to let down some really nice graphics when the players move.

I feel like all of the good work they have done will be a waste when the foundation completely implodes and they're forced to rebuild and it's gotten so bad I'm now hoping it does.

# 63 inkcil @ 06/13/14 04:17 AM
Animations are just horrible. Synchronized movements by multiple players on defense abound as well as defense players "standing up the running back" and the running back running in place for 4-5 steps before falling over. Graphics look ok, so I guess the CPU AI might be the tie breaker.

# 64 Smirkin Dirk @ 06/13/14 05:06 AM
Im not a big football fan but I enjoy the games.

I know the more knowledgeable NFL fans on this forum want better WR/DB interactions.

Well look what happens at 0.50 of the video.

That's PS1 gen.

# 65 jpdavis82 @ 06/13/14 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
The reality is this... As long as they are still making a last gen madden also which is where the real money is at, we will NEVER see a true Next Gen Football game from EA....Most Next gen games(i.e nka 2k14, the show) used up almost all the space on the disc....My point being that madden 25 on next gen only used like 16GB of the available ~45GB space(look at the back of boxes for your games)...Also, I hope this whole gimmick tackling cone is not the cause for no gang tackling...Think about, if there was true gang tackling, it would be like 2-4 guys super close with tackling cones on them...Damn, I think im sad now!!!
The tackling cone isn't a gimmick it's there to help people new to the game learn how tackling works. The cone disappears at all pro and all madden difficulty.

# 66 BigBadTom @ 06/13/14 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
That Zoom cam makes all the difference in the world! It really gives you the feeling of being on the field which I love. It makes the game look so much better than the far away "God" view lol.

-Russell Wilson is too dark
-Why is every player on the sidelines wearing HIGH SOCKS? There aren't that many players in the league who wear high socks & it really looks awkward when you see most players on the field wearing medium or low socks. At least make the sideline players wear medium socks so they'll blend in better. EA please fix this!
Hey I dont know about the rest, but players are required by the NFL to wear socks that cover from the end of the pants to the cleats. If you see a player not wearing them they will be fined

# 67 esham313 @ 06/13/14 09:07 AM
looks like the same old madden. i will be passing on this years version.

# 68 apollon42 @ 06/13/14 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
Hey I dont know about the rest, but players are required by the NFL to wear socks that cover from the end of the pants to the cleats. If you see a player not wearing them they will be fined
He's talking about the high white socks. Also as far as Wilson goes, he looks terrible. I tweeted EA about this. He had the correct skin color last year, why is he darker than Marshawn Lynch now?

He looks like Michael Vick in the bottom picture. And that's Madden 15, it's not the lighting, I saw the demo.

# 69 apollon42 @ 06/13/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I agree. That animation has to go.
We've had problems with gang tackling for the past 8 years. I don't get it. One year they annoucne the "Infinity Engine" one year "Pro-Tak" this year they are like "whatever" back to one man tackles. It's like they just set us back 5 years.

# 70 briax87 @ 06/13/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Looks like no scoring summaries yet again. Ncaa has always had it. I want to know how many plays and yards it took to score.
They had this in Madden 2003 on the original Xbox (I still have this game)

# 71 BigBadTom @ 06/13/14 09:33 AM
I have read a lot about some gang tackling complaints and in this video I never really noticed any times where it caused problems. In the past the issue was that the player would get caught in tackle animation, the teammates would stand and watch and if the carrier escaped the first tackle he escaped everyone. Every time the players weren't involved in the tackle it seemed the carrier was going down for sure. Regarding this game as a whole, I think this is the first year that madden's 5 year game plan came to fruition. Since madden 12 they have made more significant upgrades than in the past and for the first time since EA's Gen 2 consoles (xbox, ps2) that the game has its feet underneath itself. While it isn't legacy issue free, they have changed around the game to fix them and few remain. It seems that the major issues that remain are WR/DB interactions, infinity engine (needs to continue to be updated to 100% RTP), AI, the old MOCAP animations (just need to be replaced), better commentary and more authenticity. As far as I'm concerned, the major issue list is about 100 feet shorter than it was 5 years ago and now madden can be potentially viewed as a solid and fundamental game for the first time since Madden 05. The game has light years to travel before ever rivaling the like of NBA 2k, FIFA, and NHL but now when you play the game it can be played without feeling shattered and fundementally flawed.

# 72 BezO @ 06/13/14 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
I have read a lot about some gang tackling complaints and in this video I never really noticed any times where it caused problems. In the past the issue was that the player would get caught in tackle animation, the teammates would stand and watch and if the carrier escaped the first tackle he escaped everyone. Every time the players weren't involved in the tackle it seemed the carrier was going down for sure...
That's called a band-aid.

It is very difficult to tackle someone. Power backs like Lynch usually don't get tackled by one defender, especially a DB. Yet, in these vids, Lynch is tackled by one defender every time.

I get the impression that many gamers are only concerned with the results. As long as teams average a certain number of rushing & passing yards, cool. But some of us are concerned with how. The how is what makes football, Football.

IRL, Lynch on the edge, one-on-one with a CB typically means trouble for the defense. In Madden, no worries, especially with cone tackling.

Due to poor footwork and lacking engaged player animations, there's too much open space in Madden. They cover this up with band-aids too keep stats in check. Some folks are cool with it, some are not. The difference in perspective is why someone only concerned with the outcomes can call someone concerned with the unfolding, a complainer.

# 73 BlackBetty15 @ 06/13/14 06:12 PM
Visually= looks great
Everything else= really hope this is an early build. I will leave it at that.

# 74 friscob @ 06/13/14 08:53 PM
Well the ridiculous hard cuts obviously made it into this game.

# 75 TurboTitan @ 06/14/14 02:29 AM
I know I shouldn't judge this game on one gameplay video......but with EA's track record, I am going to do just that. Unfortunately I am not surprised that this is basically the SAME game from last year with some useless " back of the box" features that no one cares about or will use (cone tackling?!?! Gimme a break.). OL/DL interaction looks the same ( which is nonexistent), there is NOTHING in regards to WR/CB interaction on the line. Just really disappointed. I didn't really expect any improvements from EA at all...they have zero motivation to make this game better. I guess it just hits home when you actually see it in motion.

# 76 CujoMatty @ 06/14/14 05:52 AM
Such a roller coaster for me. I read some articles and was totally underwhelmed. Then I watched the other video the 15 minute one and saw a lot I liked and kinda got excited. Then this video and im back to completely uninterested again.

As a side note I cant believe no one has mentioned the player who completely clips thru the other player on the ground close to the begining of the video. Ugly

# 77 jpdavis82 @ 06/14/14 06:09 AM
The video Shop has is the best one so far, it's on all pro difficulty, QB in accuracy is more noticeable and so is the improved defense that they talked about. All of the other videos we have seen before his were on rookie and pro. The ai is better on all pro therefore the game plays better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.