Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

In a new preview posted on Polygon, it is revealed that WWE 2K15 will feature five times more animations than its predecessor WWE 2K14. With Visual Concepts adding their expertise on the project, working alongside Yukes, there is a definite push for a more polished and better presented title than in the past.

Part of that push will be thirty-five hours of new commentary in the game, with Michael Cole and Jerry 'The King' Lawler recording much of that together instead of separately for a more natural sounding conversation.

With last year's game being more of an exercise in just getting a product out of the door with so many factors working against that, this year's game is more about refinements and improvements, with particular approach to how the game will look, feel, and sound.

The gameplay will be refined to feature more of a natural broadcast feel. Mark Little, WWE 2K15's executive producer, is quoted as saying that WWE 2K isn't going to be a fighting game with a wrestling feel, but he also understands a completely natural simulation of a scripted event is also tough to do.

It all sounds very intriguing and we can't wait to hear more. WWE 2K15 is launching on October 28, look for more news and our first look at the new-gen visuals and gameplay soon.

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Reed1417 @ 06/15/14 11:55 AM
That's exactly what it was. I think that's why most people are so pumped for this years game. Seeing as 2k has had plenty of time to work on it despite this being their first time putting their stamp on the game. Am I expecting it to re-invent the genre no, but I am expecting a good quality wrestling game and I do believe that is what we will get.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 22 RyanLaFalce @ 06/15/14 04:07 PM
Hopefully last gen consoles don't hold back the PS4/ XB1 version.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

# 23 EAGLESFAN10 @ 06/15/14 04:42 PM
I think they should stop with the PS3/XBOX360 versions after this year

So their focus can solely be on Next Gen

# 24 LBzrule @ 06/15/14 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Hopefully last gen consoles don't hold back the PS4/ XB1 version.

Hopefully last gen is still on that engine and next gen is a new engine and that way last will just receive a roster update. Sorry last gen folks. Hopefully the next gen will give incentive to move on up. I really want a great next gen wrestling game because right now I'm more on the fence than I've ever been with Madden. I need something to replace it and a great wrestling title can do that.

# 25 CM Hooe @ 06/15/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
But Yukes is still involved in this aren't they?
One would like to think that 2K isn't as pressed for cash as THQ once was.

I'm not convinced that the attribute editor won't be behind a pay wall still, but it'd be a nice bone to throw the user base, surely.

# 26 Geolink @ 06/16/14 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
But Yukes is still involved in this aren't they?
I know people will growl at the fact that Yukes is still around making the game.

But you can't take away the fact that they helped make some of the classic WWE games, and with the right direction and resources given to them by 2K that they didn't get for years from THQ, they're breathing new life making 2K15.

Also, with Yukes still on hand it's damn near impossible for us to get a different or limited CAW mode. I bet if 2K/VC were making the game all that stuff would be as limited as NBA 2K14. So having them has some perks because they have experience making wrestling games.

# 27 TjJunior @ 06/16/14 05:48 AM
I'm hoping its something similar to all star pro wrestling mixed with SvR 2007. Make stamina and weight matter again.

# 28 woody2goody @ 06/16/14 08:00 AM
Yukes did a very good job with UFC3. One thing Japanese developers do well is that they appreciate the detail of the sport. With a larger 2k budget I think we could get a very good game this year.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 29 CaliDude916 @ 06/16/14 08:45 PM
This is great news. I can't wait to see some gameplay!

# 30 RyanLaFalce @ 06/16/14 08:59 PM
An online GM Mode or Universe would be pretty awesome.

# 31 RGiles36 @ 06/17/14 08:51 PM
I'm really looking fwd to this game -- maybe a system seller for me.

I picked up 2K14 back in March as I started regaining interest in the WWE. My first wrestling game in years, so I didn't see the age and warts it has. My only gripe was that Universe mode is so repetitive (unless you want to play hands on GM).

What intrigues me about 2K15 is 2K's ambition to make it less of a fighting game. Before that news came out, I thought to myself that wrestling games unfortunately would always be designed to be free for alls. Knowing that 2K is targeting that has my eyes wide open.

# 32 Aggies7 @ 06/23/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
The gameplay will be refined to feature more of a natural broadcast feel. Mark Little, WWE 2K15's executive producer, is quoted as saying that WWE 2K isn't going to be a fighting game with a wrestling feel, but he also understands a completely natural simulation of a scripted event is also tough to do.
This is the most intriguing part to me. So it's not going to be a fighting game and it's talks about it being scripted.

Very intrigued to see what this all means.

# 33 LBzrule @ 06/24/14 06:25 AM
I think right now the biggest concern I have with WWE2k15 is I don't know where to place expectations. Given that this is VC's first full year with the game, I am trying to have manageable expectations. I think there are some things they are going to hit out of the park. But given this is their first year being primary developer, I think there are some things that are going to come up short/lacking.

# 34 btrapp @ 07/26/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think right now the biggest concern I have with WWE2k15 is I don't know where to place expectations. Given that this is VC's first full year with the game, I am trying to have manageable expectations. I think there are some things they are going to hit out of the park. But given this is their first year being primary developer, I think there are some things that are going to come up short/lacking.
I pretty much feel the same way that you do. My only hope is that the caw mode isn't the part that come up lacking.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.