Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

During a recent video interview hosted by Adam Rank of NFL Fan Pass and Madden NFL 15 Senior Producer, Seann Graddy it was revealed that Peyton Manning will indeed have his "Omaha" cadence in the game.

The video also includes quick interviews with Creative Director, Rex Dickson and Presentation Director, Brian Murray as well as a few brief glimpses of off-camera gameplay footage.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The JareBear @ 06/16/14 02:08 PM
Looks like they were playing on Xbone One, for those looking for One footage

# 2 DNMHIII @ 06/16/14 02:23 PM
@ 2:33 "in terms of seeing a bigtime reaction from a top dog cornerback give it a couple of years"

lol....No wonder the title progresses at a snails pace.

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
@ 2:33 "in terms of seeing a bigtime reaction from a top dog cornerback give it a couple of years"

That's not what he said, he was talking about having him respond using NFL Films Sound FX audio. They already have big reactions for all 22 players and they're dynamic now not cut scenes.

# 4 apollon42 @ 06/16/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's not what he said, he was talking about having him respond using NFL Films Sound FX audio. They already have big reactions for all 22 players and they're dynamic now not cut scenes.
I don't like listening to real audio and trash talk during games. I want it to resemble a television broadcast. You can't hear any of that stuff while watching a game.

# 5 apollon42 @ 06/16/14 02:32 PM
The interviews in that other game get repetitive, so I'm fine without it.

# 6 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I don't like listening to real audio and trash talk during games. I want it to resemble a television broadcast. You can't hear any of that stuff while watching a game.
Then you should be fine with the game as it is.

# 7 DNMHIII @ 06/16/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
So that takes two years?

# 8 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
So that takes two years?
I have no idea man, maybe they'll have it next year it's a luxury, too many key things to fix first.

# 9 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
I have no idea man, maybe they'll have it next year it's a luxury, too many key things to fix first.
What other game has real audio with trash talking??? I'll be waiting....

# 10 DNMHIII @ 06/16/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
oh yeah I agree with you, I was just using it as an example of how it seems like even little things that could be added or fixed appear to take years to be addressed.

Honestly the PS4 version is the only Madden since the PS2 days that I even found playable so I'm actually just really happy I can play Madden again.

# 11 DNMHIII @ 06/16/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
you'll be waiting at least two more years if ever according to EA.

# 12 jyoung @ 06/16/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
All-Pro Football 2K8 had a "Field Pass" feature, which would show close-ups of players talking to each other and talking to coaches before and after plays. They would even curse during these scenes, which is why the game got a "mild language" descriptor from the ESRB.

The original NFL Blitz games (1997 - 2003) also had trash talk between players before and after plays. I was disappointed when EA Sports left it out of their 2012 remake. It actually does add something to a game's fun factor.

# 13 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/16/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
With a good surround sound you can clearly hear a lot of the in game banter & trash talk when watching a game lol. In fact the NFL is heading more in the direction of giving tv viewers the feeling of being at the game with advanced camera views, players mic'd up, etc..to get more ratings. I think it's great that EA is adding a lot of the real audio. I personally love it because it immerses you. When I'm playing the game I prefer the feeling of being on the field rather than watching a broadcast. But hey that's why there's options for you to turn off audio, change camera views, etc...

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
All-Pro Football 2K8 had a "Field Pass" feature, which would show close-ups of players talking to each other and talking to coaches before and after plays. They would even curse during these scenes, which is why the game got a "mild language" descriptor from the ESRB.

The original NFL Blitz games (1997 - 2003) also had trash talk between players before and after plays. I was disappointed when EA Sports left it out of their 2012 remake. It actually does add something to a game's fun factor.
I said real though, the older stuff was always fake. At least Madden has the real cadences.

# 15 strawberryshortcake @ 06/16/14 03:55 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Actually, DNMHIII was on point. EA did say give it a couple years with regards to 'bigtime reaction from a top dog cornerback give it a couple of years."

Start @2:10 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pa...n-NFL-15-at-E3

Interviewer: "And what are the fun things about defense is talking trash, that is why Richard Sherman is on the cover. But are we more likely going to see something like this ... [Peyton Manning yelling out "Omaha, Omaha, Omaha"] or something like this [Richard Sherman beat his chest and yelling "Don't try me! I'm the best!"].

Seann Grady Madden 15 Senior Producer: "Well, you might see something like that in a couple of years. We do have some good sound effects in the game, so you'll hear Peyton Manning saying "Omaha" at the line of scrimmage. In terms of a big reaction from a top dog corner back, maybe in a couple of years"

# 16 N51_rob @ 06/16/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
I said real though, the older stuff was always fake. At least Madden has the real cadences.
Yeah, it does have real cadences, but you framed your question in a why where there was no acceptable answer. The fact the APF had field pass with on field player commentary is a blueprint for what Madden should do. No need to try and record real players. It would be to time consuming and honestly outside of the top 3% of the NFL who really knows what these guys sound like?

# 17 DJ @ 06/16/14 04:24 PM
I love how it's Peyton's cadence now. Eli was using it well before his big bro decided to use it 5 million times a game.

# 18 CM Hooe @ 06/16/14 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yeah, it does have real cadences, but you framed your question in a why where there was no acceptable answer. The fact the APF had field pass with on field player commentary is a blueprint for what Madden should do. No need to try and record real players. It would be to time consuming and honestly outside of the top 3% of the NFL who really knows what these guys sound like?
See, I thought 2K Field Pass was awful and one of the worst components of APF's presentation. The implementation was fine, but the writing and voice acting was painful IMO. The only way I'd want a field pass feature in Madden is if it had authentic audio; otherwise the standard pre-play player chatter is fine by me.

Just my opinion, though.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 06/16/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
See, I thought 2K Field Pass was awful and one of the worst components of APF's presentation. The implementation was fine, but the writing and voice acting was painful IMO. The only way I'd want a field pass feature in Madden is if it had authentic audio; otherwise the standard pre-play player chatter is fine by me.

Just my opinion, though.
Agreed. I turned it off after 2 minutes of it. **** was awful.

# 20 apollon42 @ 06/16/14 05:58 PM
Even the Real Voice from 2k basketball gets repetitive. I could do without it.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.