Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

AiiRxJONES has posted a Madden NFL 15 video containing some more gameplay footage, as well as more information about the new play call system.

If you are fan of this video, make sure you subscribe to his channel here.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 06/16/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
That's what scares me about this new Halftime Show. They had the Extra Point, which also had bad camera angles (angles need to be further away such as broadcast) and wasn't great, but was a start. I don't know why they abandoned that and didn't keep building on it and I fear the same may happen with the new Halftime Show.
I remember when they removed it from Madden 12, at the time, the new team said they wanted to gut it out and make their own.

So, this can be attributed to changing of the guard.

# 22 ajblithe20 @ 06/16/14 11:00 PM
I'm not sure why people keep living in the past and pointing out how NFL 2k5 was, and possibly still is, better than Madden. People really should look at the past couple of years of Madden and see how it has improved. I think M25 was an upgrade from earlier Madden's and it's looking like M15 will be an improvement as well. We all know Madden fell apart last gen and took a while to recover. It's definitely not the best sports game out there and it could be much better, but given the amount of time they have to work on each game, it's nice to see the past couple of games have been better each time.
I'm not telling people to spend their money on every new Madden, but it's the only football game on the market and it's a "good enough" one at that. I understand that many people won't spend $60 on a "good enough" game, but given that it's football, I am. The only time I'd consider not getting it is if it regresses again.

# 23 Mckinley Cash @ 06/16/14 11:14 PM
I can see the improvement from the final build of Madden 25 to this Alpha build of Madden 15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

# 24 mt8732 @ 06/16/14 11:36 PM
This Madden is way too fast. Im seeing sliding and robots out there. Slow the game down. 2k5 May not look better but it moves and flows better

# 25 Jarodd21 @ 06/16/14 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i have been focusing on the cpu IA and its not much different from madden 25 so far.

the back to back sacks on russel while a treat for some worries me, i dont mind the sacks but its how he just stands there and let himself get destroyed, it looks scripted and not like the cpu is trying to win...

so far not wowed by anything gameplay related....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Exactly.. Which is why I haven't lost a game on Pro/All-Pro in years. The CPU has no sense of urgency ever really.
Yeah the CPU still looks bad on All-Pro. The CPU QB always holds on to the ball like that. I wish I can see some gameplay footage on All-Madden just to see if its just an issue with the game or the level it's being played on All-Pro. The CPU just looks clueless on All-Pro..

# 26 riichiieriich @ 06/16/14 11:46 PM
The same ol' Madden but prettier. The NFL license needs to be free to all again. EA is just raking in the money from these people that are just getting a face lift and a roster update.

# 27 lgxjames @ 06/16/14 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

Madden 15 Halftime Show

start @0:36 mark

Madden 10 - Halftime Show Extra Point

Start @0:30 - Notice how there was commentary for the stat lines
i remember when they were saying this was just the start and they would build on it (I see this has been stated several times already)

# 28 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 06/17/14 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Thats why:

Cake icing:

9 years and two consoles ago.
Sick of hearing about 3 year plans, short dev cycles and whatever, every year these things are said.
They have tech to implement something as simple as a decent half time show and have fallen significantly short every year...im not even a presentation guy and it pains me.

As for gameplay, the graphics look great, the overlays good too but man, the same awful animations!
They say they are focusing on defense this time around (long friggin overdue if you ask me) and yet where are the gang tackles and new tackle animations? Has any of these guys watched a game of NFL? defenders missile themselves into ball carriers even when they're an inch from the ground but in the video i just watched and in the maddens i've played they just stand around or walk away - ridiculous.

How in 2014 and on something as powerful as these consoles is there not an abundant and a superfluous amount of tackle/break tackle animations? The amount of times i've seen that stiff arm attempt tackle that lasts like 3 seconds in 25 and earlier games is a joke.

It's laughable that that Rex guy calls out 2K - while the license is still held by them (tough guy) - and yet you've just reminded a lot of us how 2K still have it over EA in areas still to this day.

# 29 Cowboy008 @ 06/17/14 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

Madden 15 Halftime Show

start @0:36 mark

Madden 10 - Halftime Show Extra Point

Start @0:30 - Notice how there was commentary for the stat lines
If they would have kept building off of the Extra Point show I think it could have turned out pretty good.

# 30 CM Hooe @ 06/17/14 12:27 AM
I have no idea why we're talking about the halftime show in a thread that has nothing to do with the halftime show.

We'll be getting back on-topic now. Thanks.

# 31 vision @ 06/17/14 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Relax guys. This is an early build.

(Copied/pasted from 09,10,11,12,13 Madden threads)
The sad thing is that, we may have a culmination of 15 years of foreseeable bad football gaming.

...That's insane...

A feel like there is an alternate universe/dimension out there, where this is against the laws of nature.. And we have a decent fball game.

# 32 inkcil @ 06/17/14 03:09 AM
The extra point show was also flawed but did a lot of things better:

1.) "Live studio person"
2.) A second "anchor"
3.) Updates from other games
4.) Replays were handled better - panned out instead of zoomed in on just 1 or 2 players
5.) Multiple stat screens
6.) Commentary not as choppy
7.) Personal stats shown

New one had this better:

1.) Music
2.) Referencing dominate performance by 49ers
3.) I liked how they showed Kap celebrating in slo mo after a Gore TD. Just don't show the player who scored. That was actually my favorite nugget from the piece.

Both are terrible but the newer one is still worse than the other.

# 33 rudyjuly2 @ 06/17/14 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah the CPU still looks bad on All-Pro. The CPU QB always holds on to the ball like that. I wish I can see some gameplay footage on All-Madden just to see if its just an issue with the game or the level it's being played on All-Pro. The CPU just looks clueless on All-Pro..
We need a QB awareness slider so QBs on all-pro can be made smarter and CPU QBs on all-madden can be dumbed down to avoid robo QB and Havre backups always play well.

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 07:18 AM
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.

# 35 FBall Life @ 06/17/14 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
And you're NOT making a lot of assumptions????? In your video thread, you make a comment that doesn't even need to be in there and is far off base - regarding how Madden 15 is going to be the year! (which you say every single year)

So stop it. Stop your Madden hype. You do this every single year, hyping it up as "this year is going to be amazing, you guys! I guarantee it!" Just stop. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is sick of it. Please. Stop.

P.S. If the first post in your video thread was just regarding the videos, that would be fine. But you had to throw your best Madden blah blah blah stuff in there. You should take that out, imo, and just update the thread with videos. We don't need your preaching in every one of your threads.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this stuff you post every, single, year is getting so overbearing and embarrassing, it should probably be ban worthy as many times as you've been wrong. It seriously looks like to many people you really are getting paid by EA.

# 36 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And you're NOT making a lot of assumptions????? In your video thread, you make a comment that doesn't even need to be in there and is far off base - regarding how Madden 15 is going to be the year! (which you say every single year)

So stop it. Stop your Madden hype. You do this every single year, hyping it up as "this year is going to be amazing, you guys! I guarantee it!" Just stop. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is sick of it. Please. Stop.

P.S. If the first post in your video thread was just regarding the videos, that would be fine. But you had to throw your best Madden blah blah blah stuff in there. You should take that out, imo, and just update the thread with videos. We don't need your preaching in every one of your threads.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this stuff you post every, single, year is getting so overbearing and embarrassing, it should probably be ban worthy as many times as you've been wrong. It seriously looks like to many people you really are getting paid by EA.
I have a way that I feel about this game and so do you. I'm not preaching anything and in the past yeah I used to try to get people to think more positive about the game, but now, now I'm just giving an honest opinion. The problem is that everyone is used to being pessimistic and negative, that the slightest bit of positivity or optimism, is seen as overbearing and embarrassing. In most people's opinion the game hasn't improved and never can whatever, in my opinion it has and will continue to greatly. I see no difference. We're at opposite sides of the spectrum and we both are passionate about what we believe.

As far as Madden 15 blowing people away, I said I believeMadden 15 will blow us away. I had no idea we would be getting so little amounts of footage which makes it harder to be impressed. We still haven't seen how a game plays out from beginning to end even.I still think it will blow people away once they put the controller in their hand, but I realize some need to see more to be impressed, some will never see enough, some will never accept a EA football title, and some will be happy because its football, that's just the way it is. Do what's best for you, don't worry about me or what others think.

# 37 DeuceDouglas @ 06/17/14 09:31 AM
I wonder if the playcall stats it keeps is only for the community or if it can be changed to just view the plays I've called, how much I've called them, how successful they've been for me, etc.

# 38 l_reed05 @ 06/17/14 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Real-time physics/player movement is STILL broken. I saw several times where a WR with a free release was able to get to 12 yards in 1.27 seconds. The fastest any player has ever run a 10-yard split in ideal conditions with fresh legs and no pads was only 1.40 seconds.

The players are still accelerating WAY TOO FAST to be considered "realistic".

I really don't care to hear about the speed threshold either. That shouldn't matter. The game should be made with one setting, IMO: True-To-Life.

This superhuman acceleration is NOT true to life. Unreal.
mannn I get your points and i'm all for any improvements to madden... me personally just give me better graphics and new rosters every year and i'm happy... anything else is just a plus.... but at the end of the day its a video game... so when you get into the science of it by saying on the game a plyer gets up the field in this amount of seconds and in real life its this amount of seconds is CRAZY!!! thats just like in real life its 15min quarters and 3-5 min commercials. do you want that in madden also??? all im saying is a game is a game and life is life... sure madden could use improvements but some of u guys expect to much..

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wonder if the playcall stats it keeps is only for the community or if it can be changed to just view the plays I've called, how much I've called them, how successful they've been for me, etc.
Found this

Madden NFL 15’s new playcalling also tracks how often you call certain plays over the course of your career, as well as how successful the plays are.

# 40 hanzsomehanz @ 06/17/14 10:22 AM
Regarding playcalling, I did read from someone that defensive pre play adjusgments (audibles) also take longer to process and are prolonged by delays that wait for x player(s) to respond accordingly to the adjustment.

I like the aforementioned news and hope it will usher in an era where the o-line responses to blitzes are timed appropriatley ( tied to awareness and footwork RTGs & head-tracking: must be in line of sight ); void of suctioning, sliding and esp the removal of clipping that results in no stumble and/or fall to reflect impedance on their path to the target when they clip teammates and/or defenders.

I am suggesting that the defensive delay in pre-play adjustments could minimize the prevalence of nano sacks albeit I believe the hurries are essential to replicating the speed on the battlefield of the National Football League and moreover: the fireworks of defense.

Providing the offense has a legit football counter: it should not be considered cheese or glitchy to send nano heat.

I remember a highlight of Troy Polomalu timing a sack so well that he hurdled the line and sacked the QB in mid-flight!

That is a highlight folks may imagine only creating in a videogame but lo and behold: it happened in the NFL.

If stock blitzes with minor adjustments worked more effectively: lab monkeys would have one less impetus to dial-up glitch sacks and max protect coverages that send one man -- and that one man still gets a hurry or sack because the AI in o-line play is not wired to football knowledge and realistic reaction times but cheesey gimmicks that are present to pacify those who cannot hold up to make key adjustments.

The scheme scientists in the lab will continue to match psychic, suction, sliding, non-falling over o-linemen w glitch defensive tactics of their own design until those tactics become unnecessary.

Not everyone is fit to hold up in the competitive jungle of online play and so I am glad Madden is offering more in the instituion of training.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.