Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

For those of you that enjoyed the coordinator camera angle in NCAA Football 14, the same angle is used in Madden NFL 15, called the All-22.

Were you a fan of the coordinator cam in NCAA Football 14? Will you use it in Madden NFL 15?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RickyAC @ 06/20/14 07:51 PM
I would love a feature where different cameras could be set for specific situations. I would love to play from this All-22 camera when passing, but keep it in tight for run plays. The ability to transfer smoothly from the traditional behind-the-back to the broadcast cam, for things like screens or passes to the flat, would make me interested in new camera angles.

I liked the Coordinator camera very much in NCAA, just not all the time.

# 22 ggsimmonds @ 06/20/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
YES!

I LOVE being able to see everything!

...But my gut tells me the reason they changed the name is because they want to keep us from remembering that coordinators exist.
Best comment of the day. Thank you sir.

# 23 solmon @ 06/20/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
I would love a feature where different cameras could be set for specific situations. I would love to play from this All-22 camera when passing, but keep it in tight for run plays. The ability to transfer smoothly from the traditional behind-the-back to the broadcast cam, for things like screens or passes to the flat, would make me interested in new camera angles.

Agree - best use to me of this angle is on returns.

# 24 khaliib @ 06/20/14 10:04 PM
Wish they would just give the gamer the option of a User Defined Camera.

Here is the reason why....

You can either have a view that provides gameplay in "Greater Detail" (players, uni's, grass/field etc...) or a view that allows more "Animations to Run Through" during gameplay.

Can't have both at the same time due to how the game is built.

Actually, the best angle that comes close to achieving both "Details" and "Animations" is from the side vies (ie Coach Mode), but it to is a little too close and the way they've coded the camera to follow the "Ball" (ie kick off/punts) instead of panning out to capture more of the field/gameplay, really kills what "Could Be".

Using Xan's editor, I've tinkered with camera angles and got it on a pulled back "All 22 Side View" and it looks sexy all the way around (will try and get that view to post and show).

Stadium graphics in Madden really pop and animations that play out during gameplay are just crazy.

I think it was NCAA 06 or 07 on Ps2 that the camera angle would pan in closer to the catch or tackle.
That would be a nice addition and actually is closer to real "Broadcast" style camera view.

I prefer more animations to greater detail, so I like the "All 22 View".

# 25 Rams_3 @ 06/20/14 11:08 PM
I'm a give it whirl. I always play corner or safety on D anyways. If I don't like it then it's back to the wide view.

# 26 avwhitechic @ 06/21/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC

I don't know how long you've been playing Madden but this WAS actually in there games for years it was called a USER-DEFINED CAM and you could set your camera for run and pass and it was seemless. The game just hasn't been the same since without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 avwhitechic @ 06/21/14 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
You can change cameras on the fly with the D-Pad this year, so you can do exactly that.

Not true...being able to change camera's on the fly is not the same as being able to adjust the camera to your own liking...Zoom, tilt, overhead, behind. It's been 10 long years and it's promised to us every year. User-defined camera please return

# 28 RickyAC @ 06/21/14 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
You can change cameras on the fly with the D-Pad this year, so you can do exactly that.
That does sound useful, and definitely a positive mark in favor of my first Madden since Madden 12.

However, what I envision is something far deeper that just adjusting which fixed angle I can use. I want a system with the ability to give me a tight over-the-shoulder view from behind a pass rusher, an All-22 view with a Free safety playing a deep or intermediate zone, and every practical permutation in between,, for Defensive, Offensive and Special Teams situations.

But for now, the ability to see everyone on a pass play without navigating 3 layers of sluggish menu is a great start.

# 29 RickyAC @ 06/21/14 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
I don't know how long you've been playing Madden but this WAS actually in there games for years it was called a USER-DEFINED CAM and you could set your camera for run and pass and it was seemless. The game just hasn't been the same since without it

I have been playing madden on and off since the early PS2 days. (my go-to game was Quarterback Club '98 on the N64 for a LONG time, until I saved for a Playstation). I vaguely remember such an option in madden on the PS2, but I don't recall how it specifically worked or whether I used it or not.

But, my tastes have changed and I know I definitely do want particular cameras at particular times. This is why the yearly feature dropping is so aggravating.

# 30 Oreo1414 @ 06/21/14 10:31 AM
That camera is cool, at first you think its to far away. But after using it, you'll love it. You can see the whole field and the animations are still good.

# 31 Mckinley Cash @ 06/21/14 02:32 PM
I like details. So I zoom. I'll use the RT button if I want to see the entire field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

# 32 lucasdolphinfan @ 06/21/14 04:19 PM
YES YES YES !!!! Like this cam / I'm a big ncaa football fan so adding this 2 madden is GREAT

# 33 BigDaddyHolmes @ 06/21/14 04:55 PM
Like most others have stated, I will be using the zoom cam. Glad it's finally the default. This all 22 camera looks like a mobile game to me. Glad it's in there for the people who need it to pass properly.

In all honesty though, this years zoom cam is closer to a standard cam in years past. Madden 10s default cam was just about as close as this years zoom. The cam got pushed way, way far out with default cams in Madden 12,13, and 25. Players were starting to look like ants on the field. I found it not to be realistic, and a move in the wrong direction. I would call this view "The Artari 2600 View" if I was naming it.

I'd like to see all the cams get some options to zoom in/out, or tilt up/down just a bit. It's been way to long that we are stuck with limited camera options. I don't see what is taking them so long to get this done, it really hasn't made them look good IMO. Even Madden 05 let you select different cameras for different situations (pre snap/pass/run,etc) and they even let you customize those cameras zoom, tilt, height levels on top of that. That is a long time to go with this option removed.

# 34 asu666 @ 06/21/14 04:59 PM
I'd like to see the ESPN ticker at the bottom of the screen and the game update cut ins for NCAA 14.

# 35 LastExit @ 06/21/14 06:39 PM
I really liked the look of the coordinator cam when the E3 videos came out for NCAA 14 but when I got to play the game it was just too distant - especially on running plays.

If I'm not mistaken, we'll be able to toggle between the camera views on Madden 15 without having to pause and go into the menu so if that's the case then this would make for a good camera view while on offense and running passing plays.

# 36 jwtucker710 @ 06/21/14 07:26 PM
Sure going to miss a next-gen NCAA football game this year. That cam angle was decent. I liked using it for the first half and then zooming in a little the second half of the game. Not sure about everyone else, but I've found that I can return punts and kicks in the wide field/high view angle.

# 37 tmac747 @ 06/21/14 08:14 PM
Sounds like to me that M15 is borrowing a few features that was in NCAA football 14 from last year.If they are so intent on using ncaa 14 features,why not implement setting your weather up in 'play now' mode like ncaa, and bring cpu vs cpu back with one controller not two.

# 38 tbook24 @ 06/22/14 02:56 PM
this could work for me because of the size of my tv. if you have a 65inch plus tv then you can really take advantage of this camera because the players will still be a good size on your tv. but for smaller tvs its not worth the look because you get dot like players

# 39 CT Pitbull @ 06/22/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I don't see how anyone would NOT like the idea of having lots of camera options. Personally, I wouldn't use this much, but it certainly is great to have. The more options, the better!

same here. EA will never hear one customer complaining about having many options. its when they limit us, that's when people get riled up.

# 40 NicVirtue @ 06/23/14 03:47 AM
When will they wise up and let us make our own camera angle? Like seriously. That will evaporate ALL the camera complaints.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.