Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

While NBA 2K14 featured the voice of LeBron James, all of the other voices came from voice acting talent. NBA 2K15 will change that, as it will feature many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER.

2K Sports has been tweeting many pictures from various NBA players in their studios, including the cover athlete himself Kevin Durant. Other confirmed players include Thaddeus Young, Al Jefferson, Gerald Wallace, Andre Drummond, Channing Frye, Brandon Knight, Al Horford, Trey Burke, Brook Lopez, Andre Iguodala, Udonis Haslem and Paul George.

Expect many more to be revealed soon, possibly in the 2K Sports livestream today at 3:00pm - 5:00pm PDT.

UPDATE: Nothing new was revealed in the 2K stream.

Your thoughts?

Source: DanteExum Youtube

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 d11king @ 06/27/14 04:47 PM
If MyCareer is Association, then I personally am not taking this as good news. Leave that RPG, sitting at half court talking to LeBrom for 2 minutes, or backstage trash talking to Kobe, or any of those stupid scenes to myplayer.

# 42 RayZLAL @ 06/27/14 04:52 PM
Sounds good, just want to know how much VC will it be to unlock each NBA star's voice?

# 43 Khaos_Kiwi @ 06/27/14 05:18 PM
So this obviously confirms we are getting a scripted MyCareer again.

It's just disappointing since this should be a mode about what YOU would do if you were in the NBA.

The scripting takes away from player freedom. And they better not do that BS where you can only get drafted by a few select teams.

# 44 DJ_Solis @ 06/27/14 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
If they fix player voices, they better fix those rim sounds. 90% of them are horrible.

When you throw down a big dunk it almost sounds exactly like hitting a metal trash can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 Taer @ 06/27/14 05:26 PM
I think it is very encouraging that more NBA players are involved with 2k.

More involved roles in the MyCareer can be an extremely positive method of bringing NBA realities to the game

It all depends on the details and it is these details which will make or break this new implementation of this mode.

An example of a good expanded role to me would be if Kobe (for example) joined my guard in practice and then took me through one of his more intense workout routines. This has some basis in reality and while highly improbable it is something that could happen.

An example of a missed opportunity would be to make these expanded roles a cameo appearance for each NBA star in a contrived situation as if they were on a popular t.v. show making a "guest" appearance. The Lebron moment in 2k14 teaching a dunk is a perfect example of this type of missed opportunity.

I'm still waiting to hear the details and until I do, there is no use making an opinion one way or another.

# 46 24ct @ 06/27/14 06:09 PM
If they used the voices in regular games AND myCareer that would be useful. Like if played Warriors vs Bucks maybe Andre Iguadala and Brandon Knight chat before the game...or are able to be "mic'd up"...or in the huddles...etc...

That would be useful. If they used the player voices actually IN game cutscenes and not cut scenes only, but we'll see what they do...

Hopefully all this means the halftime show will be better.

# 47 miller31time @ 06/27/14 08:25 PM
As others have said, this is only as good as its implementation.

2K14's MyCareer Mode was, for all intents and purposes, laughable when it came to the "story" they tried to create. I'm not trying to be disrespectful - making a game is incredibly hard work and I couldn't do it in my wildest dreams. But for a game that once prided itself on simulation and authenticity, MyCareer was the antithesis of everything in 2K's past.

So yeah, really cool that they've voice captured that many players. Now use it to make an authentic experience and not some 10 year old kid's NBA fantasy.

# 48 Eman5805 @ 06/27/14 09:12 PM
I called this way back when. No one even gave my post a second look. Da well.

It'll be a nice feature, but I hope it ain't just used for implausible things like post game taunting sessions that would never go down IRL. I mean, what part of a stadium has NO ONE but NBA players walking around?

I'll still only play My career going forward, but I'll probably spend a lot of time with it on mute if they try to make these players actually act.

And once more...they're gonna do all this, and still have just one selectable voice for your my player.

# 49 lgxjames @ 06/27/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
You guys realize they have plenty of time to announce details and possible updates/fixes that are coming to 2K15 right?

They will talk about THIS FEATURE first, then others when the time comes. They aren't going to reveal everything about the game in one day, it's a process.

I do understand the frustration, but you guys need to understand THIS is what they are going to talk about NOW. Other stuff is coming.
Logic: 101

# 50 lgxjames @ 06/27/14 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I actually found the first part of that video pretty fascinating. I've always known the core basics of motion capture but it was interesting to hear some light details, such as the difficulty many players have adjusting to the suit they're wearing, sometimes affecting their shot animations. It looks like that'd be a pretty fun experience.

Regarding the voices, I feel as though it could help the authenticity. I did not own 2K14 for next generation, but I do recall seeing clips of MyPlayer teammates "miming" their interactions with you and it looked absolutely ridiculous. I'd wonder if 2K would be able to get enough dialogue from enough players to cure that ailment though.

My bigger problem (or question) is with the scripting and dialogue itself. From the clips I've seen, many of the interactions are embarrassing and cringe-inducing. Sometimes I feel it may be more realistic to allow gamers to assume certain interactions are occurring instead of introducing a forced, awful, and apparently non-skippable moment like this:

So with that in mind, I think it'll depend upon how the new voices are used. When done with authenticity at the forefront, I think they could be great. I believe there's a clear difference from the 4th grade Power Ranger script above and something like this:

The 1st video is exactly what I hate about mycareer, It seems focused on making the player the biggest ball hogging, flashy, type player. It would seem it fits better if they made the player for you and you experienced HIS story but what If I want to play nothing like this.

2ndly, I loved real voices, only problem I had was drafted players not being featured (or atleast I never saw it). They have to find a way to get drafted players in these.

# 51 miller31time @ 06/27/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
The 1st video is exactly what I hate about mycareer, It seems focused on making the player the biggest ball hogging, flashy, type player. It would seem it fits better if they made the player for you and you experienced HIS story but what If I want to play nothing like this.
Absolutely. I think 2K's biggest error in MyCareer is that you should make the story, not follow it.

And if you are going to follow a scripted story, for god sake, make it more believable and rooted in realism.

# 52 BA2929 @ 06/27/14 10:27 PM
This is a cool addition, but I'm only going to want to watch these scenes once. But, this is basically the only mode I play in this game, so anything new they add to it really helps I suppose.

They need a story mode and another version like the last-gen MyCareer where you just proceed how you want and you don't have to see the same cut scenes over and over again. THAT'S where the fun of making multiple guys comes from. Seeing my guy dribble on the rooftop then get invited to the draft showcase the same way 10 times gets a little old. Doesn't matter if Rondo says hi 100 times to my guy if it's said the same exact way each time.

# 53 SPRINGS03 @ 06/27/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
As others have said, this is only as good as its implementation.

2K14's MyCareer Mode was, for all intents and purposes, laughable when it came to the "story" they tried to create. I'm not trying to be disrespectful - making a game is incredibly hard work and I couldn't do it in my wildest dreams. But for a game that once prided itself on simulation and authenticity, MyCareer was the antithesis of everything in 2K's past.

So yeah, really cool that they've voice captured that many players. Now use it to make an authentic experience and not some 10 year old kid's NBA fantasy.

Exactly. More voice actors, nothing wrong with that. That's cool. But that means the corny unrealistic b movie story mode for my player is staying, and that's not cool.

# 54 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 06/27/14 10:44 PM
am i the only one who thinks kevin durant will be our rival in mycareer in 2k15

# 55 bballshawn24 @ 06/27/14 11:44 PM
No scripting. The story mode needs to go atleast 5 seasons in. I shouldnt have to score 70 to win on HOF. <<< I should be able to score 125 at will.<<<<< i shouldnt be able to win every game on HOF. Raise the attribute caps please.

# 56 DonWuan @ 06/28/14 12:00 AM
And there is the answer of who is the target audience. I know twitter hype.

# 57 Humdinger80 @ 06/28/14 04:53 AM
It would be better for me if they released info about whats NOT gonna be in NBA2K15 as well as what will be. It would've been nice to know before NBA2K14 released that PlayVision would be broken, there would be no real offseason for your myplayer, no more face editing, created players over 6"10 would have problems rebounding, the problems VC would have concerning MyGM mode and that most of these problems are apparently not patchable...the rate we get this info about the new additions doesn't matter much when the "finished" game feels incomplete.

# 58 knick9 @ 06/28/14 08:33 AM
If it's like the RealVoice postgame interview that you can click through, then everyone will click through it and not care. If you can't click through it, then it's really annoying. Honestly this seems like more of an opportunity for them to hang out with NBA players in their offices.

# 59 friscob @ 06/28/14 10:57 AM
Waiting for the announcement that i can change sliders in mycareer... for quite a few yrs. And i dont care about voice acting, would be fine if nobody in that mode (main character included) ever had to speak. Rather have real depth to the game mode and not superficial cutscenes.

And when will they add the ability to sim any game instead of simming to next key game??

# 60 Sinner @ 06/28/14 11:59 AM
We shouldn't be worried about 2k wasting their resources on this...they have plenty of resources and different departments to handle every aspect of the game.

My worry is where all of their resources are leading this product that as a customer I have supported and enjoyed for so many years. For the first time at this point I'm not excited to buy this game. Before any little information I was looking for and waiting to cling to.

Not happening for me this year, whether I'm right or wrong hearing this just makes me feel like more scripted story lines in a mode that is supposed to be about MyPlayer. "Me" didn't feel like I was living through a 2k game and making my own story in 2k14. Felt more like I was borrowing MyPlayer in a game I bought and living out the way THEY wanted my career to go.

I want immersion, give me summer league, D-League and combine...let me play how I want to play. Right now with so many games coming out and of course VC at least for me this game is falling further and further off my radar.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.