Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PVarck31 @ 06/27/14 07:02 PM
I've watched a few other videos as well as this one, so some of my observations will come from those as well.

Some of the good things I saw.

-Graphics are great.
-Player models are well done. Much improved.
-Love how you can put the ball in specific places. Nice to see more catch animations.
-QB Accuracy adjustments seem to be promising.
-Kaepernick run was nice.
-I don't think the tackling is as bad as some are making it out to be.
-The game seems to have some life to it finally. Love all the little player movements, fidgeting, and non-cut scene celebrations.
-Love the play calling.
-Love how receivers reach for the ball
-The AI looks to be improved on defense.
-Kick meter looks interesting.

Some of the bad

-Sidelines still need a lot of work. What happened to "Living worlds?"
-Commentary still seems bland.
-Animations, while not horrible imo, still need work.
-Player movement is still not where it should be. Somewhat improved, but needs more work.

And of course the penalty and challenge systems still needs overhauled. But that's for another discussion.

I see a lot of good things and think the series is moving forward. I'm done looking back and lamenting about how bad last gen was. I see some promise and am looking forward to the future of this game. As of right now I'm leaning towards a buy this year.

# 42 inkcil @ 06/27/14 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can respect that Smitty, yet I'm sure you're well aware of the sentiment that why does it have to be either or? The game should be capable of presenting a "WOW" factor and becoming more fundamentally solid. When you look at games like The Show and NBA2k, even with their understandable flaws, you get all that, in one package.
Personally I can't respect it because what WOWS us about those other games is how they nail the numerous nuances of their respective sports as well as player individuality.

I argue that it is "WOW-ing" when you have working penalties, accurate challenge system, WRs and DBs acting like what we see on Sundays and Line play that makes you use the "replay" function.

# 43 The JareBear @ 06/27/14 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Personally I can't respect it because what WOWS us about those other games is how they nail the numerous nuances of their respective sports as well as player individuality.

I argue that it is "WOW-ing" when you have working penalties, accurate challenge system, WRs and DBs acting like what we see on Sundays and Line play that makes you use the "replay" function.
Yeah, if they show me a video of an incomplete pass that involves an under thrown ball that the DB and WR are fighting to adjust to and as they both play the ball the DB gets called for PI due to trapping one of the WRs arms, or something like that, I will definitely be wow'd. Or any number of things that happen in real life all over the field. A nose guard playing like a nose guard instead of every interior lineman playing like Suh or Sapp, that would amaze me.

The little things on their own are wow factors.

# 44 jmaj315 @ 06/27/14 07:43 PM
I think the only thing i liked was the kick meter. :/
This players look really.... Xbox-y... if you know what i mean?

and at 4:20 Kaep is OP...wow

# 45 Earl1963 @ 06/27/14 07:59 PM
This game is really dated.

# 46 btrapp @ 06/27/14 08:04 PM
The only thing that goes through my mind while watching these videos is thank God they don't have an exclusive NBA license. Sports gamers would be in serious trouble.

# 47 Gosens6 @ 06/27/14 08:09 PM
Wow. Iv'e never seen a crowd on OS be so harsh toward Madden. Guys are finally realizing and it's strange to see. No, "wait till next year" or "Have to play it to see the changes" replies. It's a strange change of pace from the usual

# 48 The JareBear @ 06/27/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Wow. Iv'e never seen a crowd on OS be so harsh toward Madden. Guys are finally realizing and it's strange to see. No, "wait till next year" or "Have to play it to see the changes" replies. It's a strange change of pace from the usual
I actually think this is a lot better than it was last year. I remember when streams of M25 on PS4 started popping up it was almost a riot.

# 49 Jerros @ 06/27/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
The only thing that goes through my mind while watching these videos is thank God they don't have an exclusive NBA license. Sports gamers would be in serious trouble.
LOL, you're not kidding. That's exactly one of my thoughts. Bottom line Madden has been stagnant for years. All this BS about needing more time is just that, BS. Prime example, go look at NBA live 15's small sample of this years game vs last years. That's proof right there that the time argument is bogus. Simply put, without competition, time is irrelevant to Tiburon. I guarantee you if they actually had competition to light a fire under them Madden would be a completely different game. As it stands the product remains subpar. Same clunky animations, same lack of details when it comes to real football logic. SOS.

If they were truly trying to innovate and make Madden the game what it should have beem then why is it that most of the so called new features added to this year's game are from older games? Even older versions of Madden and NCAA. Shouldn't they be trying to implement REAL new Innovations? Not the same stuff we've all seen before on older platforms. To me, that speaks more to being lazy than innovative.

# 50 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/27/14 08:22 PM
Running backs need to get lower when running through holes. I hate seeing RB's running with their backs straight up like on those Marshawn Lynch runs smh. The only time that should happen is when they're in the open field. I really hope EA focuses on animations next year specifically SIGNATURE RUNNING ANIMATIONS. It's definitely an eyesore & stands out more being that the game has such good graphics.

# 51 Cableguyiiixii @ 06/27/14 08:25 PM
A penalty hasn't been called in any video released. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

# 52 The JareBear @ 06/27/14 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableguyiiixii
A penalty hasn't been called in any video released. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it was confirmed that penalties pretty much weren't touched this year. Someone can correct me if I am wrong here

# 53 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/27/14 08:34 PM
They also need to tune up the physics. I'm still seeing ball carriers arms getting bent back too far when grazing other defenders body parts with the ball. The ball needs to be tucked tight to the ball carriers chest when running through holes but it should swing freely when in the open field. Ball Carrying is not as dynamic as it should be.

# 54 iLLWiLL @ 06/27/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
Looks good enough for me. I didn't have a problem with madden 25's gameplay(demo, i didn't buy the game last year). My main concern was that the on field presentation was stale. The atmosphere is super important for me in a sports game. The little things like the seamless celebrations after 1st downs, tackles for loss, TDs etc is major for me.

I know my views are against the OS norm but for me its:

1. Atmosphere/Presentation
2. Gameplay (is it fun and varied)
3. Good single player modes
4. Simulation of sport
5. Graphics

A perfect example of this is NBA2K. There are plenty of things that could be fixed from a sim standpoint, but 2K does such a good job of capturing the atmosphere of the sport that those things don't really matter to me because I'm entertained overall.
This may be a 'buy' for me as well. Not so much because I'm blown away by video of fantastic gameplay (because I am not). But I am blown away by the graphics (yes, the animations still need a TON of work).

But the biggest thing is I have not purchased a football game since madden 11 (sucked), I think I am at the end of my rope and need my NFL fix. Which absolutely blows since both EA & the NFL puts us in this position that we don't have any other options but oh well...

I am just hoping that I am not tremendously disappointed, and that things like losing full control of your ballcarrier to canned animations and bs plays in the passing game don't ruin it for me. If so then EA won't be getting my money after that for a few more years, and I will keep waiting for 2K...

# 55 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/27/14 09:29 PM
Running backs still don't use their hands like they should either. Where are the push offs or RB's holding on to the backs of lead blockers backs as they guide them through holes ala 2K5? This stuff is way overdue. Come on EA!

# 56 SageInfinite @ 06/27/14 09:44 PM
The game just lacks so many animations, not to mention real quality realistic ones. Just little things missing. Not many nuances in player movement. No attention to detail in the actions of players on the field. As long as they keep going with these short choppy animations and that twitchy base movement, the game will never look realistic in motion.

Even with that said, it still looks like the best Madden in years..........whether that is a good thing or bad thing is up to you.

# 57 jyoung @ 06/27/14 10:34 PM
It is hard to understand how Madden's textures, models and lighting have improved so much, while the player movement and player interactions continue to look so dated.

Those areas of the game should be completely separate jobs for completely different types of employees, not a situation where your manpower has to suspend work on one element to work on the other.

From an outsider's perspective, it just seems like Tiburon either aren't hiring or aren't assigning enough people to work on those parts of the game.

# 58 KBLover @ 06/27/14 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I'll be honest with you. I think this is the best we're going to get from Tiburon.
If that's the case, then I just need to walk away.

Close the "Madden player" chapter of my gaming life and move on. Wouldn't be the first franchise I quit on and probably won't be the last.

I refuse to reward with a buy of a game that's not progressing. A real player that progressed this slowly would get cut. Might be time for me to "cut" Madden.

# 59 FBall Life @ 06/28/14 12:01 AM
Quote:
A decade of destroying the football videogame market has taken it's toll, finally...

# 60 m1ke_nyc @ 06/28/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
You must not have ventured into the threads of the Monday night football vids from last year. OS let them have it and rightfully so. I know sometimes it gets out of hand and trolling occurs but those vids were really that bad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.