Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by SimFBallCritic.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 fancyclaps @ 06/28/14 02:26 PM
Looks like the AI has improved. Hopefully they can clean up some of the animations and make it run a bit smoother over the next month or so.

# 2 MajorSupreme @ 06/28/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
"You need to play the game" Hmm... Maybe they should just make that EA Sports new mantra lol...
"EA Sports. It may be in the game, but you gotta play it because we're not going to tell you. GIVE US YOUR MONEY."

# 3 SageInfinite @ 06/28/14 03:25 PM
Until they address the transitional animations the game will be filled with the quirky stuff that kills the look. Perfect example on the opening kickoff, #20 closest to the camera goes from his starting animation into his sprint, when the animations switch his feet slide until the animation can catch up. Stuff like that is everywhere. Another example is the qb walk up animations. They look great, until the animation ends and it goes into that goofy stock jog animation until the qb gets under center. Until they remedy this the game will continue to look goofy, stiff, and amateur.

And yet it's still the best looking Madden in years, lmaoooo.

# 4 The JareBear @ 06/28/14 03:32 PM
I do love seeing him get stopped twice trying to throw the HB screen

Like Big said, anything else I could say has already been said in numerous other threads.

I wouldn't mind seeing that pass he hit to the TE up the seam be broken down in slow mo

# 5 Bowinkle08 @ 06/28/14 03:36 PM
in game celebrations look good

# 6 carnalnirvana @ 06/28/14 03:40 PM
at this point the fact the 49ers had a 3rd and 18 and didnt call a 4verts or screen is enough for me to rent this game....

thats my biggest problem with madden now, the cpu needs to call a better game to beat me, they can hold me to 17 but i can hold then to 10... and its not my stick skillz, its the cpu cant convert anything over 9yds on 3r down... thay call that stupid 4verts or screens that i know is coming and can stop EVERYTIME...

THE CPU literally goes 2 for 15 on 3rd down against me most games...

at this point the animations and movement/ presentation is what it is but playcalling for the love of god just let the cpu mix it up on 3rd down....

only in the madden universe is 4verts or a screen a high% play...

# 7 Cowboy008 @ 06/28/14 03:43 PM
Were the Seahawks and 49ers the only teams they had available in the alpha? The video looks decent I like the things that they are trying to do.

# 8 BlackBetty15 @ 06/28/14 03:51 PM
Well...unless he stinks at playing football I believe we got our first glimpse of all pro difficulty! LOL

# 9 SageInfinite @ 06/28/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Were the Seahawks and 49ers the only teams they had available in the alpha? The video looks decent I like the things that they are trying to do.
On some of the off camera footage I saw some other teams(definitely saw the chiefs), but the direct feed footage it's only been Hawks 49ers. Which is why my conspiracy theory is this footage isn't from E3, lol.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
When you have to preface it with saying you have to play the game to experience the difference I cracked up laughing. The canned animations is killing the game, when a tackle animation starts surrounding defenders just stop playing when they should attempt to help out on the tackle, the user controlling the game can just stop playing too once a tackle animation starts they play is over. The on field presentation is nice though.
I'm really not sure why people are surprised that he's saying you have to play the game to notice the difference. It was just last year where people were saying Madden 25 next gen looked exactly like current gen and then after the game came out people were like oh ok I see the difference now, it's an improvement, a step in the right direction. 15 is another jump in that same way, 16 will probably be a bigger jump(more dev cycle time) and IMO the game where things will come together for most people to truly understand the shift that's happening. Rex said last year that he compares it to turning around an aircraft carrier, it was also said that 25 was the first year of the "3 year plan". 15 is the second, if 16 isn't that game we've been wanting all along, then we should probably write this team off. Until then, people are just jumping to conclusions based on the past.

As far as why we are only seeing Seattle and SF, it's because those were the only two teams that EA was finished working on with player models, faces, equipment, etc...as of E3.

I do believe the Seahawks have the "new" Nike shoes that we saw a pic of back in Madden 13 blog.

# 11 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The very first thing that comes to mind for me is the player movement. It's so fast! Everything happens way to fast and twitchy. It's absolutely KILLING this game. The other issue I see that pops out is the lack of gang tackling. You will never see more than one defender "wrap up". Also, why are the players always hunched over? You see Zach Miller in the flat, the ball is thrown and when he catches it, he's hunched over and standing still like a zombie. Another problem I see is that I still don't see the pocket being pushed. None of the cpu players on the 49ers moved the pocket. This is why pocket passing in Madden still feels like a crap shoot. There is no sense of the pocket collapsing. It's still binary. Either you will have all day, or your lineman will get instantly beat and you get clobbered. This is a legacy issue for 10 years and despite the line play being rewritten with all of their fancy buzzwords, it's still a problem.

Some of the solo tackles look a lot better, but I've seen every animation 100 times already. Some even repeat in the small amount of footage shown. It's still scripted, as you hit a guy and magically he spins and falls forwards for 4 yards even though it doesn't fit the context of the hit.

Not having interaction between defenders and receivers is a killer. Everyone talks about WR/DB interaction, but it's more than that. Anyone in coverage should be interacting with anyone out on a route. When receivers run through zones, I want to see them being passed off or carried. Give a guy a shove, hand check, something. Make it look like they are alive. Penalties may end up resulting from these types of things.

Positives:

I liked the double team block on the Seahawks DT where he went down to one knee and got back up.

Most of the time, the line play looks pretty good.

Wrap up tackle was nice.

Graphics are incredible.

This game is a MASSIVE improvement over what we had on the 360. What we are seeing right now, sans graphics, is what we should have gotten in 2006. (Arguing that it should have been even earlier is a fair case as well). Basically, this all depends on how you are willing to look at things. From a gameplay only standpoint. If you are someone who is willing to basically say that the last 10 years were a complete waste and should be thrown in the trash, then the game will look better to you because you are viewing this as version 2 of Madden instead of version 26. If you are someone who is not willing to give them a mulligan for 10 years of disastrous football, then you probably think this is all very average. The issue I have is that if you take away the great graphics, nothing here works better, and in many cases, even as well as 10 year old games on far lesser hardware. There is more to a sports game than graphics. AI, interaction and movement and of course off the field all are big pieces.

Overall, the potential for an excellent playing football game does exist here. There is still a large list of things to go before that happens, and it is not going to be done by the time 16 or even 17 comes out. Adding a small number of fundamentals to the game each year takes too long. We will be mid way through this gen before we have a game that at least contains the basic elements of gameplay that we once had. That being said, if they follow through on their word and fix their difficulties with implementation and programming, they could really have something to finally be proud of.
Great post and I agree completely, in many ways it does feel like what we should have gotten in 2006. My theory on the animations based on what Rex and Cam have said, and what Sim has said, is that they are currently building a new animation system and implementing the other things they can before they have it ready. It's hard to see much improvement if you focus on the old animations, outside of that, there's a lot of things that start to pop up that indicate a positive shift in direction. I do believe that 16 & 17 will bring it more than people are expecting, but it comes down to implementation and execution in the end.

# 12 Kramer5150 @ 06/28/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
it was also said that 25 was the first year of the "3 year plan".
Really? do you have a link supporting this?...oh wait,I do and you're wrong.

Quote:
Multiple sources are reporting that Cam Weber, EA's General Manager of Football, is touting a new 3-year plan for Madden, starting with Madden NFL 12.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...year-plan.html

Quote:
Speaking at the press event being held by the company, Tiburon football GM Cam Weber touched on the vision going forward for the Madden NFL franchise. Of note is that there is a new “three year plan” underway with features already mapped out through Madden 14. The size of the development team is expected to be doubled as well. That news might be an attempt at reassuring consumers that the company is invested in advancing the franchise despite the turmoil and uncertainty now being experienced due to big changes within the current development team.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/13...lan-for-madden

Also note when Pasta's article was dated.....April 13th,2011

# 13 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 05:50 PM
Regarding franchise, they haven't released much info so everything people are assuming, is speculation, other than the practice stuff and that the defensive camera will be available for franchise mode as a player.

# 14 poopie @ 06/28/14 05:52 PM
Excuses Excuses...I'm sure the final build will be a little better...but overall Madden just isn't the game for me...I'm too old to be waiting on all these cycles lol...other games have improved ..Madden dragging through the mud...After u play it 2 or 3 times..you've seen every animation...Sorry but that just won't do...because no matter how sim they trying to make it...its still a video game and I want to be entertained too

# 15 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Really? do you have a link supporting this?...oh wait,I do and you're wrong.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...year-plan.html

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/13...lan-for-madden

Also note when Pasta's article was dated.....April 13th,2011
25 was the first year with Cam & Rex working together and the first year that they were able to implement things that were part of the plan. Rex said it himself, 15 is year two. Rex wasnt even there until 25.

# 16 Kramer5150 @ 06/28/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
25 was the first year with Cam & Rex working together and the first year that they were able to implement things that were part of the plan. Rex said it himself, 15 is year two. Rex wasnt even there until 25.
Spin it however you need to,the FACT remains that this "3 year plan" was started with Madden 12...

Doesn't matter who was "there" or wasn't,again...the FACT remains that this all started with Madden 12.

# 17 bxphenom7 @ 06/28/14 06:07 PM
This is actually looking pretty good. Presentation much improved overall. EA really needs to improve animation fluidity though. Also, slow the movement down. I don't understand why all EA Sports games suffer from robotic movement and fast-paced play. For example, when Wilson calls the audible, he looks like he's twitching. The game's definitely improved, I THINK, from looking at this. Also, everyone on the field should have that TrueStep feature. True step placement should be standard now in any sports game.

# 18 victorkingchamp @ 06/28/14 06:11 PM
I honesty like what I'm seeing. I'm past the point of nitpicking every detail of Madden. The gameplay looks fun, the graphics are great, and the broadcast presentation looks really nice. The things that kept me from buying the game last year have been addressed and I will likely buy madden this year.

# 19 bxphenom7 @ 06/28/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
In that case, just going to wait for what Madden 16 looks like

# 20 Richardcg @ 06/28/14 06:17 PM
Game look good. but why do the stat banners disappear so fast. hope its just an early build thing. cause not once have I seen a stat banner pop up and disappear so fast in a real broadcast.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.