Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Choosing which team to pick for your franchise in MLB: The Show can be a daunting task. Do you want to rebuild? What about picking a team loaded with cash, but little talent to show for it? What if you just want to pick a team with all of the tools at your disposal, and your only job is to win a World Series? The fact is, there is a variety of great teams to kick off your franchise with, but you only get to choose one. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll be going division by division and team by team to help you make your choice. With our next entry, here's the AL West...

Read More - Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DallasRocks @ 06/30/14 01:17 PM
This is definitely the deepest division, every team has it's own strengths depending on what your looking for. Seattle has a great young pitching staff with a great bullpen and you get to hit with Cano, Rangers have Yu and a loaded lineup. Oaklands pitching is filthy just filthy, the Astros are young and have some great prospects and the Angels you get to play with the best player Trout.

# 2 RandallB21 @ 06/30/14 03:09 PM
"Ballpark: Cisco Field is probably the worst ballpark in baseball. It's a shame that such an excellently run team can't have a halfway decent park to play its games in. D"

O.co is the name of the stadium. I am an A's fan and I would have given it a F grade. Well maybe a D-, at least the field is playable until the Raiders start playing games.

# 3 jilly55 @ 06/30/14 07:56 PM
Are there more of these for other divisions?

# 4 BenGerman @ 06/30/14 10:23 PM
Hi jilly, if you look through our list of old features you can find them all archived there. Or, a google search with the same title (just a different division), should work fine.

# 5 Bat @ 07/01/14 12:11 AM
Felix is King! The M's are a great team to use, only downside is they have two guys making around 30 Mil. So if you plan on signing Heyward or Stanton, you need to lock everyone up early. I have a franchise in 2016 with Felix, Cano, Chris Davis.. Won 104 games. Davis MVP, Felix CY Young.

# 6 Birdman85 @ 07/01/14 02:55 AM
Did one with the Angels, turned them into a dominant franchise. Traded basically everyone except Trout and Bradley, whole new staff. I am entering 2035 or 36 and Bradley is still playing, he broke Ryan's career strikeout record last season and is over 400 career wins. I acquired a Closer early on, year 1 draft i think, or else traded for him, but he holds the record for career saves and is still playing. I think I've won 15 championships, won 3 in a row around years 3-5, a few playoff appearances, and now have just won my 12th title in a row.

# 7 B Easy @ 07/01/14 08:27 PM
Nicely done, Ben. I like the AL West, it's a competitive division throughout. In years past I liked to mash with Josh Hamilton and his Rangers, but in '14 I'm all about the A's. Just love the way they win ball games with underrated talent and hidden gems. They have a great set of uniforms as well.

The Astros also intrigue me. Obviously, they aren't going to compete right away, but there's tons of young talent on the up and up. Jose Altuve is one of the most underrated players IRL. I like Springer, Singleton, Dominguez and Castro as well. They also have some great arms scratching the major league level, like you said.

# 8 BenGerman @ 07/02/14 05:53 PM
Thanks again for the kind words, Easy. And thanks for following!

I'm a big fan of the A's and Astros this year as well. The Astros have enough in place where you just have to be smart with what you have. The A's are always going to be a challenge, especially with the lower budget. Give me a create-a-stadium feature next year, and I'll probably run a franchise with them.

# 9 Spokker @ 07/07/14 02:47 PM
"There isn't a lot going on, but the rocky center field settles in perfectly with the dynamic Los Angeles skyline right in the background."

The team does not play in Los Angeles and the view from the stadium is not the Los Angeles skyline.

From center field and moving Northeast from the stadium, you can see Chino Hills and the Santa Ana Mountains, which sort of straddles the border between Orange and Riverside Counties. Los Angeles is Northwest of the Big A. You might be able to see Los Angeles on a clear day if you peek over the walls of the upper deck facing Northwest.

# 10 Spokker @ 07/07/14 02:51 PM
"O.co is the name of the stadium. I am an A's fan and I would have given it a F grade. Well maybe a D-"

Yeah, Cisco Field is a proposed ball park.

I like the Coliseum. It looks like a "tough" stadium, but it's more of a football stadium than a baseball stadium.

# 11 Turbojugend @ 07/07/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
The team does not play in Los Angeles and the view from the stadium is not the Los Angeles skyline.
Exactly. Although with all of the name changes (The Los Angeles California Anaheim Angels of Anaheim, etc. etc.), can't say I blame folks for being confused.

# 12 nomo17k @ 07/08/14 04:17 AM
O.co is one of the few remaining stadiums from the last generation, and I like it just for that aspect. Shea was the baseball mecca for myself, so I'm obviously biased though...

To be fair, I do think O.co is a fairly crappy place to watch the game... compared to, say, AT&T park which is great for watching wherever you are in the stadium. Walls are too thick in many places and there just aren't many good spots to watch the game unless you have the seat. Also, it brings tears to my eyes with all the CRT TVs showing the games throughout the stadium... haha.

Good thing about having a crappy stadium though is that fans seem to go to A's games for the game itself, and the A's play great baseball. There are just too many people who don't really care about the game going to Giants games, not to mention the Giants generally suck.

# 13 3fiddy @ 07/15/14 01:59 PM
Certain times there are homers to be had in Safeco field. I fantasy drafted and in the middle of a franchise now.

# 14 1StUnA @ 07/19/14 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
"O.co is the name of the stadium. I am an A's fan and I would have given it a F grade. Well maybe a D-"

Yeah, Cisco Field is a proposed ball park.

I like the Coliseum. It looks like a "tough" stadium, but it's more of a football stadium than a baseball stadium.
and in case anyone cares this is what cisco field looks like

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HDMi-qgsh1...w_wContext.jpg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.