Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their breakdown of the top 5 new defensive duos for Madden NFL 15. These duos include J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller, Jairus Byrd and Kenny Vaccaro, Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner and Joe Haden and Donte Whitner.

Check out some of the new screenshots of them in action, as well as a few rating reveals from Donny Moore and let us know what you think.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 apollon42 @ 07/01/14 08:50 PM
[quote=unfriendlyghst;2046359781]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Side note/off topic: Don't like the Alex Smith picture. Honestly who throws like that. I know they haven't recaptured QB throwing motions yet, but the way Alex has his arm in that cocked position, looks as generic as can be. quote]

LOL! I'm sorry, I ve never been an NFL QB but I know how to throw a football. The ball is being held BACKWARDS, as if he is going to throw to the endzone behind him.

P.S. only Tim Tiebow turns the ball that way and we all know where he plays now.
You're right, that animation does look really weird. He should look closer to this. As the graphics get better, EA needs to move away from these awkward old animations

# 22 Rams_3 @ 07/01/14 09:09 PM
No Quinn and Long love huh? Life as a Rams fan lol

# 23 roadman @ 07/01/14 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
No Quinn and Long love huh? Life as a Rams fan lol
Answered in post #6 of this thread.

I think it meant new duos, first year duos, getting people excited for their new draft pick/FA addition

# 24 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/01/14 09:18 PM
Player models look good. It amazes me that the on field graphics are so detailed but yet the sideline players don't have names on the back of their jerseys or the correct sock length & accessories smh.

# 25 apollon42 @ 07/01/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Dont worry that will be added in 2016
Madden drastically needs to redo those passing animations. They just look super awkward, especially with the beautiful graphics. Passing, running, and tackling don't look right. Graphics look good.

# 26 Rams_3 @ 07/01/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Answered in post #6 of this thread.

I think it meant new duos, first year duos, getting people excited for their new draft pick/FA addition
Didn't read anyone's response I just looked at the pics and responded. But thanks anyways

# 27 CT Pitbull @ 07/01/14 09:58 PM
Lamarr Houston and Jared Allen are gonna be nice bookends for my Bears this season. But I am extremely biased...haha

# 28 mk20051 @ 07/01/14 10:13 PM
Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman....

# 29 oneamongthefence @ 07/01/14 10:48 PM
Peppers and Matthews obviously.

# 30 Jr. @ 07/01/14 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
LOL! I'm sorry, I ve never been an NFL QB but I know how to throw a football. The ball is being held BACKWARDS, as if he is going to throw to the endzone behind him.

P.S. only Tim Tiebow turns the ball that way and we all know where he plays now.
Check that Brady picture earlier in the thread.. he has the ball turned out like that too. It's actually a pretty common motion in throwing. Keeping your hand on the outside of the ball will cause you to push it.

# 31 BucksFan5Covers @ 07/01/14 11:22 PM
@unfirendlyghost You obviously don't understand the concept of throwing the ball over head. As the QBs arm goes over his head his shoulder turns making the ball spin at the fastest possible rotation. You just don't push the ball which is what you're making it sound like. But like the guy already said above me, every QB throws like that. It is absolutely necessary that they do too.

# 32 strawberryshortcake @ 07/02/14 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Check that Brady picture earlier in the thread.. he has the ball turned out like that too. It's actually a pretty common motion in throwing. Keeping your hand on the outside of the ball will cause you to push it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan5Covers
@unfirendlyghost You obviously don't understand the concept of throwing the ball over head. As the QBs arm goes over his head his shoulder turns making the ball spin at the fastest possible rotation. You just don't push the ball which is what you're making it sound like. But like the guy already said above me, every QB throws like that. It is absolutely necessary that they do too.
Short version. It's not about ball position so much as it is about arm to torso position, and the lack of angular body lean, real meaninful weighted rear footplant to build up potential energy. Followed by conversion to kinetic energy when the QB shifts his weight forward (through forward angular torso lean, transferring his weight to the front foot, and strong arm follow through). Madden does NOT animate the conversion of potential to kinetic energy well when the QB throws the ball.

In other words, it lacks the "physics" to execute a real life in game pass.

Long version. It's not so much about the relative ball position, and the direction it's pointed towards. It's about the angle of the arm relative to the QB's upper and lower body. Look at all the posted QB throwing motions just in this thread. The torso has a angular lean. Think about throwing a deep, deep pass. It requires stepping up in the pocket, leaning your torso backwards, transferring your body weight to the back foot to build up potential energy.

This potential energy gets converted to kinetic energy when the ball is released. When the QB steps forward, plants his front foot, changing his torso position from an angular backwards lean to an angular forward lean is what's missing from Madden's QB throwing motion. Look at real life footage or (apologies ahead of time) APF2K8' QB throwing motion.

Madden's QB animates with the torso essentially completely upright with no build up of potential energy through body lean. Throw a football with the same motion in Madden and you won't get far. It's literally all arm strength in Madden.

# 33 Jr. @ 07/02/14 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Short version. It's not about ball position so much as it is about arm to torso position, and the lack of angular body lean, real meaninful weighted rear footplant to build up potential energy. Followed by conversion to kinetic energy when the QB shifts his weight forward (through forward angular torso lean, transferring his weight to the front foot, and strong arm follow through). Madden does NOT animate the conversion of potential to kinetic energy well when the QB throws the ball.

In other words, it lacks the "physics" to execute a real life in game pass.

Long version. It's not so much about the relative ball position, and the direction it's pointed towards. It's about the angle of the arm relative to the QB's upper and lower body. Look at all the posted QB throwing motions just in this thread. The torso has a angular lean. Think about throwing a deep, deep pass. It requires stepping up in the pocket, leaning your torso backwards, transferring your body weight to the back foot to build up potential energy.

This potential energy gets converted to kinetic energy when the ball is released. When the QB steps forward, plants his front foot, changing his torso position from an angular backwards lean to an angular forward lean is what's missing from Madden's QB throwing motion. Look at real life footage or (apologies ahead of time) APF2K8' QB throwing motion.

Madden's QB animates with the torso essentially completely upright with no build up of potential energy through body lean. Throw a football with the same motion in Madden and you won't get far. It's literally all arm strength in Madden.
Completely agree with this about the torso. There needs to be some shoulder tilt in order to generate torque for explosive rotation through the throw. The torso doesn't rotate horizontally as much as it rotates on a 40 degree axis (or thereabouts, it's different with different arm slots) as the shoulder comes up and over the torso instead of just around it.

The throwing animation is extremely stiff and robotic in Madden, more reminiscent of an Iron Mike machine. But stiff and robotic are words that can be associated with the vast majority of animations in the game.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 07/02/14 04:06 PM
Besides when a sig QB animation triggers the throwing animations are just AWFUL. Honestly besides those handful of sig animations, the QB animations, movements, ect, are AWFUL. Truly AWFUL. To make matters worse they have a former QB on staff, and he's fine with this crap.

# 35 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Besides when a sig QB animation triggers the throwing animations are just AWFUL. Honestly besides those handful of sig animations, the QB animations, movements, ect, are AWFUL. Truly AWFUL. To make matters worse they have a former QB on staff, and he's fine with this crap.
How did a thread about the top defensive duos with SCREENSHOTS turn into a conversation about QB throwing animations and player movement? If there were video in the OP I'd understand but these are screenshots and this is supposed to be about the best defensive players in Madden 15. Player movement has gotten better each year since 13 and is pretty solid in 15, especially for alpha build. It's not perfect, but it's finally on par with the other football games it is compared to. It will only get better in the future.

Watch this run by RG3 at 1:35, is this AWFUL???,
http://youtu.be/Mo_Al3OBaBo

Anyway, back on topic, where are Matthews & Peppers????

# 36 BezO @ 07/03/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
...and is pretty solid in 15, especially for alpha build. It's not perfect, but it's finally on par with the other football games it is compared to...
Nah!

10 char

# 37 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Nah!

10 char
Your opinion and that's fine

# 38 apollon42 @ 07/03/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
How did a thread about the top defensive duos with SCREENSHOTS turn into a conversation about QB throwing animations and player movement? If there were video in the OP I'd understand but these are screenshots and this is supposed to be about the best defensive players in Madden 15. Player movement has gotten better each year since 13 and is pretty solid in 15, especially for alpha build. It's not perfect, but it's finally on par with the other football games it is compared to. It will only get better in the future.

Watch this run by RG3 at 1:35, is this AWFUL???,
http://youtu.be/Mo_Al3OBaBo

Anyway, back on topic, where are Matthews & Peppers????
Does RG3 actually take off like that or he just running like that because it's a read option?

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Does RG3 actually take off like that or he just running like that because it's a read option?
What do you mean by that exactly?

# 40 jdmsi7 @ 07/03/14 10:46 AM
Why do the Pats/Jets players have dirt on them playing in Gillette?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.